We had all sorts of family and friends stay at The Georgian from May 11-13th (wedding on Echo Lake) and not a bad word said about the place. Everyone had an extremely good time.
Our room was a Penthouse Suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and banquet hall. It was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Friday was a beautiful day so we did some touristing in town (it is such a short walk into town! great location!) We then sat on the deck out back, over the lake for cocktail hour and caught up with family, and then dinner with a group at Mario's, across the street from The Georgian.
As we were leaving for dinner, we noticed the hotel had a college sorority event starting up in the banquet hall so thought it might be a noisy evening. When we returned, the college kids were in full swing and having a blast so we all sat on our balconies and people watched. By 10pm the hotel had an off-duty police officer tending to the grounds (he told us he was hired from 10-4am) to make sure that the noise and nonsense did not disrupt the other hotel guests. Well, I guess it worked like a charm cause we were right over top of them and we slept soundly.
Breakfast the next morning was delicious with friendly, attentive staff. Check out was also with a smile and great service.
The hotel then organized over forty people located all over the hotel to take shuttles to the wedding on Echo Lake. Everyone arrived with a smile.
We stayed on Echo Lake Saturday night but not a bad word was said from family or friends that we spoke to on Sunday so things continued along smoothly from what I can tell.
We would stay here again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Cabana Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Contrary to the listing of amenities on TA - we do not offer free breakfast. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HRS, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George