We went to Lake George to stay for a couple days for Halloween and we stayed in the hotel, which is the 3rd hotel built on the site. I cannot speak for the motel portions of the resort. I assume they were probably built in the 60's/70's to compete with the other motels popping up in the area and taking business since they tore down the second hotel in '69, so they may not have been updated much. But I am writing a review for the HOTEL and the hotel was very elegant with friendly staff. The room we stayed in (king mountain view jacuzzi) was great! Very clean and very roomy, and the bed was very comfortable. You do see the parking lot, but you can also see the mountains in the background and at this time of year it really is a nice view. The only SLIGHT drawback about the room was that there was no flatscreen tv. But honestly I didn't care, I didn't go up to watch tv. I cannot speak for the food service, since I did not eat there.
The ONLY thing that I really was disappointed in was the lack of paranormal activity at the hotel. For those into this, it is known that the hotel is haunted. We did go up for the ghost tours at the fort. So I was expecting to see a ghost. LOL. Just kidding, I wasn't disappointed with the hotel in any way, though I WAS hoping to experience something parnormal!! I would HIGHLY recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George