“Overnight Getaway!”

Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am glad I did not pay full price to stay here nothing more then average. The hours for the pool are 10am-10P I wish I had know that ahead of time seeing I was all ready to go for a nice quiet swim at 7am, and then realized that I could not do that. This is really just a average place to lay your head for a night or two..

The rooms were nice and they were clean!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Jessica H,
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. Your feedback will help other travelers make informed decisions. Our goal is always to create a great experience for each of our guests. Comments like yours help us improve.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have different types of accommodations, each with their own location, ambience, and amenities. Our prices vary by room type to reflect these differences. Our Maintenance Staff maintains the indoor and outdoor pool daily in the early morning, which includes chemical testing to insure we meet the standards recommended by the health department.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

So I went to a food service conference in Lake George this week and booked a room at the Fort William Henry hotel. The conference was only a short drive away and I decided this would be a perfect spot to stay. I arrived late on Sunday night and there were no issues at check-in and the woman at the front desk was friendly and polite.
The room was very nice, clean and most importantly.....warm! It was 5 degrees. In the morning, it was -2.
There were plenty of towels, coffee set-ups and the cleaning service was outstanding.
The hot tub was out of order, but I didn't bring my suit anyway. The only problem was is that there was no food or beverage service. Not during the week anyway. I believe they do on the weekends. So my advise would be to stop and the package store on the way. There is an ice machine down the hall and a refrigerator in the room. Luckily, there was a nice little diner 1/2 mile away, and I found 2 bars that were open in town.
Overall, I had a very nice stay at the hotel and would definitely book here again. Maybe even when the lake thaws out....probably around the end of June!

Room Tip: spend the extra few bucks and get the lake view room....really pretty
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith S
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Keith S ,
Thank you for your kind comments. It is greatly appreciated when our guests recognize the efforts of our staff. I will share your kind comments with our team. We are in the process of giving the whole indoor pool area a face lift, including the public restrooms, sauna, walls and decking.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope you’ll visit us the next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here the final weekend of the Winter Carnival. We had one of the larger L-Suites which was very spacious and comfortable. We mainly stayed here to use the indoor pool and hot tub but we did not use them as much as we would of liked because of all the screaming kids running around in there it made it an uncomfortable experience for us (4 people in our 30's) So a quick dip in the hot tub was all for us. I can't comment on the food here because we did not try any of the on site restaurants. All in all it was a nice weekend but we go to Lake George a lot during the year and only stay here in the winter. Will I return...yes but not in the summer due to their higher prices and many other options available in Lake George Village.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a low floor, we were on the 5th and the elevator took forever each and every time!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank etpro43
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear etpro43,
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel, pros and cons, in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The indoor pool is a popular draw in the winter months, when the Olympic size pool is closed for the season. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations and the Lake George Winter Carnival.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We just spent a night there during winter carnival. The staff was friendly, welcoming, had no problem checking us in early. The room was clean, comfortable, and simply nice. We did have an issue ordering a new movie through cable, but maintenance promptly resolved the issue. The pool was warm and Jacuzzi nice. Everything clean and well maintained. However, the tavern on premises served the most horrid food I had ever had with a very limited selection of food. We started with wings which were brought out very quickly and I was initially impressed by that. However after my first bite I figured out why... they must have been made ahead of time and then just heated. I ordered chicken parm for the main course and it was terrible, the chicken dry, greasy, and simply disgusting... after two bites I had lost my appetite. My fiancee had ordered a burger and could only finish half it was so bad. Stay here, don't eat here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Private620

Dear Private620,
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel, in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests. We learn from every comment.
We are sorry that “The Tankard Tavern” did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your review with the Management at the restaurant.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Reserved a Grand Lake King Jacuzzi room. Card keys would not work even after replacing several times. Fortunately we ran into the maid and she let us in with her key so we were able to settle in. We decided to go check out the winter carnival and the front desk sent maintenance up to fix while we were out. When we returned we were assured the problem was resolved but yet again the card keys did not work so we had to change to a room with two double beds. Our bill was adjusted accordingly. I was really looking forward to using the jacuzzi in the room that was in the living room but much to my dismay after I filled the tub and started the jets the tub filled up with a large amount of black flakes. I emptied the tub refilled several times and let the jets run for 10 minutes hoping the problem would go away but it did not. I understand this means there is mold in the pipes between the intake and the jets that builds up due to lack of cleaning. I was disappointed I could use the jacuzzi and I decided I would email the manager instead as soon as I got home because I did not have any confidence in the front desk staff after my card key debacle. It's been a week now and have not received a response as of yet.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I arrived at 2:45 pm and was told my room wouldn't be ready for twenty minutes. A little disappointed about that but it was ready in fifteen and it turned out fine. In winter this town isn't busy but the room is comfortable and adequate. Very large with a separate area for a sofa. The lake view room was nice watching the snowmobiles and pickup trucks out on the ice

Room Tip: Request a lake view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Russ P,
Thank you for advising other Trip Advisor patrons of your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words. Although Lake George is much quieter in the winter, many businesses do open around the Winter Carnival scheduled events . Thank you also for commenting on the great view of the activities on the Lake.
Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear when we have done our job.
We hope you get the opportunity to come back to the Lake George region and allow us to be your host again.
Again, thank you for this feedback! It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed one night with the family. The staff was very friendly and the room was a little dated, but very clean. We had a premium mountain view room near the indoor pool and jacuzzi, which was a plus because the kids loved it. As a previous poster said, the room and pool area could use some renovating and we noticed that they are currently upgrading those areas. The history of the hotel (and neighboring Fort William) is pretty fascinating and the assistant manager gave a great tutorial at breakfast (which was a little pricey but delicious). The location was prime and close to restaurants, bars, and activities. It was the middle of winter however and many things were closed. During July and August (and even June, September) this place is packed. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a premium lake view room for the most value.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rich G
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Rich G ,
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. Your feedback will help other travelers make informed decisions. Our goal is always to create a great experience for each of our guests. The hotel is constantly going through renovations in one way or another.

We are in the process of painting and re-tiling the indoor pool area. The sauna and public restrooms are also receiving a major make-over. We hope you are able to join us this spring, summer or fall to personally enjoy the upgrades.
It was our pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267.