Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$114
Hampton.com
Clarion Inn & Suites(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
TripAdvisor
Best Western of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$84
$64
Groupon.com
Quality Inn Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$100
QualityInn
Motel Montreal(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$54
$52
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
$179
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$126
$102
TripAdvisor
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$72
TripAdvisor
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$84
$60
1,087 results
All reviewswhite liongrand hotellake viewlookout cafethrough grouponwilliam henrywinter carnivaloutdoor barthe location is perfectoff seasonmillion dollar beachthursday nightsitting areawalking distance to everythinggreat weekendlabor daycoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Do not take the hotel's recommendation or use their free drinks voucher for the blacksmith steakhouse. Our dining experience at blacksmith was horrible and the hotel shohld be embarrassed to recommend the restaurant to hotel guests.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear jchang00,
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel, in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests. We learn from every comment.
We are sorry that “The Village Blacksmith” did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your review with the Management at the restaurant.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

So my wife and I just wanted a night away so we booked a room here as it was about the only place that had rooms this weekend. What a mistake. We were put into the two story "annex" I guess you'd call it. What a dump. I have no idea how the main hotel rooms are but these rooms are a disaster. Peeling paint on the concrete walls, a bathroom door that won't shut unless you put your hip into it, a toilet that flushes itself every few minutes, the 1960's linolium on the bathroom counter that is pulling away from itself, rust over most of the shower fixtures. I could go on. Don't bring your kids, I'm sure the peeling paint is lead based. This place is old. The walk up to the room was on cracked steps and then over tiles that would get slick when it gets wet. Of the three cafes in hotel, one was open, the others closed because of weddings. The open one was outside and we hadto ask the outside heaters be turned on on a windy evening in late October. The internet didn't work and no one would pick up when I calledthe front desk. 10 rings and no answer. Oh well, I guess some guests are more important than others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mikeh,
We are sorry that our guest rooms did not meet your expectations. The front desk is trained to take every step possible to make your Fort William Henry experience a positive, memorable one. It sounds like we fell short.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was there for a conference in October and booked 3 nights. At about 6:30am, the fire alarm system went off. No one banged on my door or called me - I am a heavy sleeper, and have no idea how long it was going off before I woke up. I looked out my parking lot window and noticed people out there and thought I should go also. In my jammies. I was outside for about 45 minutes, and then allowed back inside. I asked the desk clerk if I could have a cup of coffee - she directed me to the restaurant - where I could pay for it. I told her "I am in my pajamas...", and got a rude response. Someone else came along and opened up a cabinet where they offer complimentary coffee from 11am to 5pm. ?. 11-5? Since the elevators were not working, I took the stairs to my room, where in the stairwells they had fold up roll away beds stored among other things. Fire hazard.Spoke to another couple in the stairwell - gentleman had a problem with stairs and I was told they would not move them to a lower floor. I noticed there was a Quality Inn across the street and thought I would check that out, since it was actually closer to the conference area - the Fort William Henry charges $1.00 for a local call. Went over there, looked at a room - beautiful, clean, friendly staff, and booked the next two nights. When I went to check out of the Fort William Henry, I had the same girl who directed me to purchase coffee in my pajamas after they woke me up. I asked 'Don't you want to know why I am leaving 2 days early or try to fix it?' Her response was she didn't care. Said she had already talked to me 'like' 3-4 times. No - one time - asking for coffee. The reservation manager came over and completed my checkout and gave me his card, all while telling me the importance of fire alarms. I did not have a problem with the alarm, and I do understand safety. My problem was staff rudeness. Not to mention the lack of safety with items stored in stairwells. Told me next time I am there he will do something for me. Seriously? That was the time to do something, because I will never be back. From my fellow conference goers, I was informed that the alarm went off again the next morning at 5am. I will say that the view from the hotel was very nice, and the room was as well. But I was much happier across the street, and will not be returning to the Fort William Henry.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor with a lake view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pryscylla H

Dear Pryscylla H,
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your encounter with the Front Desk Associate who was responsible, but not responsive to your needs. The front desk is trained to take every step possible to make your Fort William Henry experience a positive, memorable one.
I also discussed the roll aways that were left in the stairwells with our Head Housekeeper.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay at the Fort William Henry Hotel was most pleasurable. The staff were friendly and accommodating, especially Debbie at the Tankard Tavern . I appreciated the welcome email I received the day before we checked in. We stayed in room 206 of the Standard West Wing. Wonderful view of the lake and fireworks on Saturday night. The location of the hotel was perfect-a short 5 minute walk to the village, close to horseback riding stables and bike paths. We will definitely return to this hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank runner68NewJersy

Dear runner68NewNersy,
Thank you for commenting on our hotel and informing other travelers about our outstanding view and convenient location. We appreciate your compliments and kind words.
Again, thank you for this useful feedback! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a wedding in Lake george so the bridal party had a block of rooms reserved for the wedding. My husband and I got a beautiful room over looking the lake with a hot tub in the room. We didn't end up using the hot tub at all but the room was lovely. I am a CLEAN FREAK so I was worried about some other reviews but the room was immaculate. Service was wonderful. I will stay there again whenever we go back to Lake George.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michelle d
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear michelle d,
Thank you for your kind comments. It is greatly appreciated when our guests recognize the efforts of our staff. I will share your kind comments with our team. Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear when we have done our job.
You are right- you cannot beat the view.