We are quite disappointed by our stay here. First of all, when I made the reservation, they were not disclosing about the fact that we would be in a separate wing of the hotel on the second floor with only stairs. The room is severely outdated and in need of great updates. It also has a funky sour smell, especially in the bathroom. The toilet runs constantly and just now had to be worked on by my husband in order to flush. The ice machine is down the hall and down a flight of stairs. The indoor pool is small, old and surrounded by coin-operated arcade games. One of the lights next to the beds didn't work. Oh, and the beds are like sleeping on concrete. The bathroom is old and didn't feel completely clean The outdoor pool is very nice, however, with a great view of the lake. In fact, that's the only thing this place has going for it. The restaurant is only open for breakfast. We paid $229 for the room. While it is in season and this is a resort town, we feel ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George