We are three couples, very good friends, who travel all over the country together. We were lucky enough to be able to reserve rooms in the Grand Hotel for two nights over the weekend at the height of the summer season. The person who took our reservation, was able to give us three rooms together all with beautiful views of the lake. The rooms were well appointed and clean. Large king rooms with a couch, cocktail table, and bar area with fridge, microwave, and storage. Perfect for our ritual cocktails in the room every evening. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The concierge, Nick, was very helpful with recommendations and discounts. The pool is large and well maintained. The only suggestion I have is that they could use a few more umbrella tables for groups that don't want to be in the sun. The veranda is reminiscent of years past with wicker chaises, chairs, & rockers. What a relaxing way to spend some time and a great meeting place. Breakfast in the White Lion was lovely in the outdoor seating area. Lunch at the Lookout was casual and tasty. Thank you so much for a great weekend! I would absolutely recommend this hotel and hope to return the next time we go to Lake George.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George