My family stayed here recently for three nights in the grand hotel mtn view jacuzzi room with two doubles and a pullout sofa. The rooms were clean and nice. We had the family fun package and got two free breakfasts in the white lion restaurant which were ok (the home fries tasted funny). Six flags (free tickets) was literally 10 minutes away down Canada St., and the free ghost tour at the Fort was pretty cool also. I think I even got pictures of the ghosts! The veranda was a pleasant way to relax and unwind. Everything was literally within walking distance, and the jacuzzi in the room was a nice private way to relax after a day of walking. I was surprised to find that there was no fitness center in the hotel itself though. The only problem I had was that when I checked in they swiped a credit card and I had told the manager that I would be paying cash for the room when I left and he said ok, however, upon checkout, I paid cash and they still charged my credit card also. So be careful!! Pam and Mario quickly resolved the matter for me and my account was credited. Kudos. Overall the stay was great and we are already planning another trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Groupon, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George