“Great place to stay in Lake George!”

Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family stayed here recently for three nights in the grand hotel mtn view jacuzzi room with two doubles and a pullout sofa. The rooms were clean and nice. We had the family fun package and got two free breakfasts in the white lion restaurant which were ok (the home fries tasted funny). Six flags (free tickets) was literally 10 minutes away down Canada St., and the free ghost tour at the Fort was pretty cool also. I think I even got pictures of the ghosts! The veranda was a pleasant way to relax and unwind. Everything was literally within walking distance, and the jacuzzi in the room was a nice private way to relax after a day of walking. I was surprised to find that there was no fitness center in the hotel itself though. The only problem I had was that when I checked in they swiped a credit card and I had told the manager that I would be paying cash for the room when I left and he said ok, however, upon checkout, I paid cash and they still charged my credit card also. So be careful!! Pam and Mario quickly resolved the matter for me and my account was credited. Kudos. Overall the stay was great and we are already planning another trip!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi in the room is a great private amenity!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SamLuciano, Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear 8pointerspike ,
Thank you for those incredibly kind comments. Our packages a very popular with our guests. It is greatly appreciated when our guests recognize the efforts of our staff, the individual ambiance of our hotel rooms and the ideal location we have on the southern end of beautiful Lake George. We do normally have a supply of bottle openers, etc… for our guests- thanks for the heads up- I will replenish the supply.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

There are newer reviews for Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here recently for a night, a quick trip up to Lake George. The rooms themselves were clean and pleasant. The Pool could use some tlc, as well as the hotel itself. If you bring wine don't forget your own bottle opener... they dont have any, the one at the front desk is broken. The Staff was nice. The hotel is a short walk from a few bars and restaurants. Overall a nice, moderate, inexpensive stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ny_beach_fanatic
SamLuciano, General Manager at Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear ny_beach_fanatic,
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel, pros and cons, in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Fort William Henry Hotel. Upon arrival, we were given a room in the east wing. I made my reservation online and thought I had booked a room in the Grand Hotel. (Call to make sure you're booking what you want.) The room in the east wing smelled like urine. Housekeeping came immediately and cleaned the bathroom but the smell was still there. I think it was in the carpet. I asked to be moved to the Grand Hotel and am glad I did. The rooms were much nicer and roomier. The lobby is beautiful and there is a veranda in the back of the hotel where you can relax and see that beautiful view. I chose this hotel for it's location (walking distance to everything) and it advertised 24 hr. complimentary coffee in the lobby. I love my coffee and was disappointed to find this was not the case. When we arrived there were not many guests in the hotel. Around Thursday, there were a lot more people checking in and I did notice the coffee was available part of the day. (I suggest a smaller coffee pot when occupancy is low.) I was directed to the White Lion in the morning for the coffee and was asked a $2.00 to go fee!!!!
Nick, who was always ready to greet you was the highlight of my stay. You can just tell he loves his job and people. Whether you needed a paper in the morning, directions or dining suggestions...Nick was the one to ask. Thank you Nick!! You are the reason I would stay at Fort William Henry Hotel again.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra for the Grand Hotel, I suggest you book one.
1  Thank LauraHudsonCounty_NJ

Dear LauraHudsonCounty_NJ,
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping staff is normally top notch. We will review your comments with the Executive Housekeeper. We do have one cup coffee makers, with coffee, tea and condiments, in all the rooms. Housekeeping or the front desk can always supply you with more during your stay.
I will also pass your compliments onto Nick, he is a great asset to our staff.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

,We were there one night for" Americade" and the stay was great, central to everything for the rally, but very busy in parking lot, to be expected it was Headquarters!!! would stay again staff were very helpful. Main hotel rooms were fantastic clean,very roomy, modern,they had it all, including the price but that's what you pay for location,location,location. Breakfast should be included for that kind of money!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Motorcyclemom ,
Thank you for those kind comments regarding your Americade stay. It is greatly appreciated when our guests recognize the efforts of our staff, the individual ambiance of our hotel rooms and the ideal location we have on the southern end of beautiful Lake George.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in the main hotel and upgraded to lake view.The room was spacious and very clean .You can't beat the location or the beautiful view. The staff was friendly and courteous.We parked our car for the weekend and was able to walk to it'all'.Even after checkout we were able to leave the car parked at the hotel while we went out on a brunch cruise on the lake. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The main building lake front are the best rooms,worth the extra $ .

Dear Hugapugor2,
Thank you for your kind comments. It is greatly appreciated when our guests recognize the efforts of our staff. I will share your kind comments with our team.
You are right- you cannot beat the location. It’s a picture, perfect , postcard view , year round.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We were in lake George for Americade and stayed here. The location is great right on lake and walking distance to a lot. The rooms smelled musty we had to go get frebreeze and the beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Autumn814,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just finished Americade motorcycle rally with our headquarters at Fort William Henry. I cannot say enough about the staff. They are the best!!! Very helpful with anything we asked. Roberta and Mary helped organize the events with great efficiency. Nick, the concierge was always there to help with whatever we needed. The front desk crew were always very professional, special thanks to Lindsey! The grounds, rooms, restaurant...5 star!
Thanks to Fort William Henry for another very successful year!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Lake George are spectacular!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debi J

Dear Debi J,
Thank you for sharing these positive comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words.
Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear when we have done our job.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0267. Again, thank you for the praise!