My wife decided on a Friday night that we were in the mood for a road trip. My wife had been to Lake George before and wanted me to see it.
We spent about an hour searching the internet and reading reviews on Trip Advisor and decided on the Fort William Henry. We reserved a Grand Double and about twenty minutes later received a phone call that they had no more rooms like that available and they offered us a Grand King Lake view instead. We were enjoying this trip already.
We were very happy with the room. Very clean with a microwave and fridgerator. The bathroom was huge with a shower and bath tub. We did not understand the purpose of the window that opened into the livingroom from the bathroom, but didn't put much thought into it.
The lobby was really nice with lots of sitting areas and a large fireplace. The patio area just off the lobby to the rear of the hotel was also full of seating and gas heaters.
The view was awesome from our room, the patio and all of the rear of the hotel but our favorite part of the hotel was the location. Whether you walk into town from the path along the rear of the hotel our walk down the street out the front you will find plenty of things to do and see even at this off season time of the year.
We had lunch at Monte Cristo's which was a very interesting place. the interior is a mix of all kinds of different furnishings, wall coverings and light fixtures. The food was very good and service was great. At dinner we found the restaurant in the hotel was having a wedding so we were told to try The Blacksmith. This was the low point of the trip. The manager was fantastic, but the rest of the staff must have been working their first day. We left after a couple drinks and headed to the Adirondack Brewery and Pub. This place is great and we had so much fun. Plenty of beers to choose from...check out their website.
All in all, the one night trip left us looking forward to comming back in high season next summer. If it was this much fun as a one night last minute trip it will be an even better vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few area resorts open year-round, the Fort William Henry offers a variety of lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. There are three unique buildings to choose from - the upscale traditional grace of the Grand Hotel; the comfort of the Premium East Wing and the convenience of the Standard West Motel. All of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds. This historic Adirondack hotel is located on an 18-acre estate spanning the southern shore at the head of Lake George. A stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and world-class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort William Henry Hotel Lake George
- Fort William Henry Lake George