“Basic Generic Accomodation”

Ranked #38 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
ct
“Basic Generic Accomodation”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very affordable (off-season) but you get what you pay for here. Bathroom was clean, toiletries were cheap. Mattresses were recent, but firmer than preferred, pillows no support and too soft. Dorm fridge in room, but no screen for sliding door. Because of room location (L side near RT9N) you could hear traffic drone, luckily off season and less traffic after 11pm. Alarm clock in room, but no clock/radio. AC fan was too loud, so forget about white noise cures. Housekeeping staff was very polite and courteous, office staff, less so. Plusses? Great fireworks view and close to Lake George Village. Left a day early, office clerk didn't even notice nor ask why the reason for early departure. By this point, I was just happy to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank weekndflyer

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at The Lake George Inn for two nights and found it extremely clean and comfortable. The rooms are small, but we weren't in them but to sleep. The bathroom is modern and was hospital clean. The staff left us cute little folded towels and washcloths with soap and shampoo nestled in them. Chairs and a small table are provided for each room if you like to sit outside or if you smoke. No smoking in the rooms. I would go back there again because it is right near everything and reasonably priced. The morning coffee was free and delicious, but the owner must not be a morning person because he only grunted at me when I said "Good Morning!" I would suggest making a reservation because it was full when we were there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara N
Dumont, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family of four stayed in the 1 bedroom efficiency which made for a very roomy experience that we enjoyed and at a good price. With a couple, a teenage son, and a young daughter, the arms and leg room is appreciated. It appears to be two single rooms combined & with just one entrance. It has two bathrooms which were very appreciated. And there were two TVs. The place is old, as many places in Lake George are, but clean. The heated pool is very nice. The village is in walking distance, and we were able to walk from the Inn to the dinner cruise, at the oppostie end of the town proper, in about 20 minutes. Owners and their dog very friendly. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: My review is based on the 1 bedroom efficiency only.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul C
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First the good! The location is great, right at the beginning of the village. The price is pretty good for the location. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and also appeared clean. The room was clean, beds comfy! Owner helpful and friendly. Pet friendly (for a fee). Check-in was a breeze. Walking distance to a small, nice beach.
Unfortunately, there were a few things we did not like. Pet friendly but the entire property is paved/tar (parking lot) with busy roads in the front and back of motel, you need to hike a bit for potty breaks! If you stay on the 1st floor you hear every step that is taken above you! Free coffee in the morning but the office does not open until 8:00 am, I am awake and ready for coffee long before that! Our room did not have a small table and chairs as shown on-line, we had a desk with 1 chair so take-out for meals would have been awkward.
Would we go back? Probably yes, but not with the dog and I would request 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol E
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a nice surprise! We stayed for just one night, but found this to be a pleasant stay from arrival to departure. Friendly and helpful staff/owners. The room was clean and nicely done. Great to be within walking distance of Lake George Village. This will be my new place to stay in Lake George. This establishment is pet friendly, which is a plus for those of us who travel with our pets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Reppoc0727
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. What a dump. First night bed sheets were pulled over bed. No new soap, shampoo, cups or towels were left. We had to ask the front desk for them. A room meant for four people had one chair and again had to ask for another one. We stayed 3 nights and every day nothing new was left. Are we all suppose to use one little bar of soap? It was very noisy. Could hear everything above and beside us. If I had known on the weekendthe price went up $25, I would of never stayed here. I will never stay in this dump again.

Room Tip: Try to get top level.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LakeGeorgeInn, Owner at The Lake George Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
To start off, there is only one chair and a desk in most rooms at our hotel. There are also 2 chairs and a small table outside each door. I was happy to give her a 4th chair as I do have a few extra for guests when they request it. This guest was on the first level and there are rooms above. When I travel I understand that there might be some noise above and beside my room because it is a hotel. As the owner I live on the property and if there are any issues with noise I respond 24/7 and take care of any problems that might arise. Not once did this guest mention the noise while she was on the property, if she did I would have been happy to talk to the room that was disturbing her. As for the soaps and towels. Each morning our maids will do rooms as stayovers. If the customer has a "do not disturb" on their door or if they are in the room they will not go in. Both mornings when my staff were going in to clean the rooms this one room had "Do not disturb" on their door and the girls skipped their room. When the guest came in the office for towels and soaps she was upset that her room wasn't made up and I told her that if they are in the room or if they have the "do not disturb" sign on they wont get service. My staff keep a record of what rooms got service, which ones did not want service and rooms they couldn't get into because guests were in the rooms. Both mornings on my staff's list were a "do not disturb." This guest booked online and knew the price was different for the weekend, the rates are not hidden and she was aware of the total cost of the room.
Swanzey, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm not sure why I've never written a review, but our family has been staying with Dan and Diane for years. We typically stay for 8 to 10 nights throughout the season and have never been dissatisfied. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms fit a family budget nicely - we often travel with our 4 teens. I find the most important reason to stay here though is that the owners live on site and the Inn is a home that they share with all of their guests. In previous years we have stayed at several other motels on the strip and The Lake George Inn surpasses them all. If you've never stayed here before - try it. You will certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple