“Unhappy Customer”

Best Western of Lake George
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Best Western in Lake George should have someone monitoring noise in the halls. Also, young children should be on the first floor rooms, not running above other clients. Walls and floors seem to be very thin, no noise control.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SamLuciano, General Manager at Best Western of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Ron M,
Thank you for commenting on Tripadvisor.
In regards to your comments on “Unhappy Customer”. I do apologize for the discourteous family above you. We do try to place families with children on the first floor, but when the hotel is full, or depending on the room types available, it is sometimes difficult.
Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear that their efforts are not only noticed, but appreciated.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for Columbus Day weekend to be close to activities in the Lake George area including Six Flags. I thought the service was excellent at the front desk, and the rooms were very comfortable. The exterior of the hotel and surroundings appear somewhat worn, but the interior of the room was well-maintained. I was disappointed that the family above us kept us awake until 11 pm each night with running and pounding on the floor above. The breakfast area and food selection was excellent. Wireless internet in the hotel is fast. I would recommend staying at this Best Western location, but be aware that the courtesy of people staying above you will determine your degree of enjoyment too.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room to avoid having guests above ruining your sleep by running or jumping on the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Eric C,
Thank you for advising other Tripadvisor patrons of your stay with us and recommending our hotel.
In regards to your comments on “Nice Location, Noisy kids above….”. I do apologize for the discourteous family above you. We do try to place families with children on the first floor, but when the hotel is full, or depending on room types available, it is sometimes difficult.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Staff were very helpful when the computer wouldn't print out map quest they helped on their system. Breakfast was very good. Room was clean, mattress very comfortable. Room Rate was great. Great start to a vacation week.

Dear Thomas M,
Thank you for advising other Tripadvisor patrons of your stay with us. In regards to your comments kind on “Great Experience”, I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the comfortable accommodations

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After looking at several hotels in the Lake George area we settled on the Best Western. It appeared to have nice rooms and a reasonable price. The staff that greeted us upon our arrival was very friendly. Our room was clean and reasonably up to date considering the area. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom looked recently updated, however the water pressure left plenty to be desired. The water came out at a slow trickle. It took 4x as long as it should have to take a shower due to this. I originally wanted to take a bath, but quickly realized that it would take hours to fill the tub.

The hotel offered a continental breakfast in the morning. It had your standard continental fare, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, waffle station. It also had eggs and sausages, these unfortunately were cooked in the microwave in the same room we were eating in. As you can imagine microwave sausages were fine but the eggs microwaved in a bag were runny and gross. You had to drown them in Ketchup to make that tolerable. The room was also entirely to small to have the amount of guests who were eating between 8:30-9:30am. We actually had to eat outside on our second morning.

Unfortunately the cons really outweighed the pros of this hotel. We probably won't stay there again. Seems like we could have gotten the same mediocre service for half the price closer to town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SamLuciano, General Manager at Best Western of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Corinn1021,
Re: comments: Nothing to Write home about
Let me start by thanking you for commenting on our hotel in regards to your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we use this information to improve. Our goal is to create a great experience for each of our guests.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It sounds like we fell short. I will certainly bring your comments and concerns to the attention of our Housekeeping staff.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lake George region. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 1800-234-0265. Again, thank you for this useful feedback!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed their with my twins.(8yrsold). For 2 nights the room above us was lound and banging on floor and walls. The first night I ignored it and thought it was restless children traveling. the second night it was worse. My children were woken up crying and scared. I went down to the front desk. I explain who ever was above me were banging on the floor. I was asked If I was from room144.Room 144 was the last to complain. They all ready had complaints and was up there 3 times she said. So Why did I have to be the 4th? you sign the wavier when you ck in. I was checking out and the people above me, were in front front of me and ask the desk clerk about the complaint. And I heard him give them my room number!!! WOW!!! They said thet didnt do it. I stated to them you woke my children up. And there were 3 complaints before mine, they yelled at me and walked away. Asked clerk why he gave out my room number, no answer. He took of $60.00. Big Deal. My kids were scared and many other guest were effected by the noise. Im Shocked they gave out my room number on top of the worst stay I ever had in a Best westren. Called Best westren 1-800 number and they could care less!!! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gerald D,
Re: comments: Hotel Staff………
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It sounds like we fell short. I will certainly discuss your comments and concerns to the attention of our Front Desk staff.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Room and staff were great. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast had a lot of options to meet everyone's needs. Bathroom area was a little small for 3 women to get ready but definitely manageable. Rates were great. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SamLuciano, General Manager at Best Western of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Alison P,
Thank you for advising other Trip Advisor patrons of your stay with us. In regards to your comments on “weekend stay with girlfriends”, we appreciate your kind words and recommendation.
Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are not only noticed, but appreciated.
We hope to host you again.
Again, thank you for this feedback! It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

From check in (conceige staff exceptional in directions to old town, eating places, etc. and easily switch from French to English). Bathroom was unbelievable luxuriant, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on. Decor of room was modern and comfortable. One minor note: no good reading lamp by the chairs in the room. Hotel is right off the highways with easy access to old town, as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SamLuciano, General Manager at Best Western of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Maureen M,
Thank you for advising other Trip Advisor patrons of your stay with us. In regards to your comments on “Excellent Hotel”, we appreciate your kind words.
We hope to host you again.
Again, thank you for this feedback! It was our pleasure to serve you.