“Go for the view; the food is pretty good, not great”

The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally inspired farm to table cuisine located in a 19th century Queen Ann mansion on the shores of Lake George NY. Enjoy fine dining and eloquent lodging in 10 unique suites that match the style of the Inn.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The new chef is good, but not up to the high creative standards set by Ken Lingle, the previous executive chef. The portions are a little precious given the high prices, especially the appetizers,, and well-prepared but not innovative. The duck breast and veal cheeks were excellent, but the double lamb chops were stringy and undercooked.
The setting, however, made it all worthwhile - a spectacular view over the Queen of American Lakes!

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went there for dinner on a holiday. The portions are extremely small, the staff is snobbish. After our main course dessert took forever and I had to eventually go and search for my waitress to get my check. Great view and ambiance, but that's it.

1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Has to be the best all around room & dining experience in the Capital district region. Take the Lake George room if it is available.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

For the past 2 years The Bolton Fire Department has held there there yearly Banquet here.As a member of The ladies Aux. and a wife of a Firemen as well as a local I can only hope that more businesses get to experience there banquet department.Our food has always been amazing as well as the care the staff gives us.I hope this review encourages other people to go and experience this top rated facility!!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Inn at Erlowest is a stunning old stone castle-like building on beautiful Lake George in the Adirondacks. We took my parents for dinner and were led to a little private diningroom off the kitchen. The room held one table, had a bank of windows and a fireplace. The service was beyond what I've ever experienced at any restaurant. The cook came in for a photo with us. The food is very fancy...I'm not really a gourmet, so I can't comment too much on that. It was all about the atmosphere and experience for me. A night to remember.

1  Thank willnotcook