“Very very clean”

Ranked #38 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
vermont
“Very very clean”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

take one of the large 2nd story rooms just to the right of the office for one of the best views of the river (without having to pay a fortune for it). Our rooms was extremely clean and almost looked brand new. Fixtures, carpet, bedding , and the room itself looked almost new. The cleaning staff did a great job each morning making the room look just like we just moved in. It rained all the two days that we were there so we spent lots of time on the balcony overlooking the Lake. Wonderful - relaxing -- quiet. We will be back next year (right AFTER the Americade bike tour).

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denmark
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Passing thru Lake George again in mid May - I love this place in Adirondacks.
First time I spent a night at Nordicks Motel, probably not my last either.
Good price, great location and the most important CLEAN...!

I didn't get a chance to try the Pool since it was the second day after mud-season and it was still closed (the only downside I came upon).

Room Tip: Get a room at the first floor it has a great view....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Though located at the corner of routes 9 and 9N the motel is not noise-poised at all but its position on a slope allows you splended views of the lake below. Places to eat, drink and be-happy are within walking distance. The room was tidy and simply but properly furbished. It was a bit chilly the night of our stay so that we put on the heating but the noise from the vent was bigger than the traffic noise outside. After turning the monster off we slept well and tight. We didn't have the (included) continental breakfast, but my wife thought it looked quite decent.
Considering that Lake George is a tourist trap with room rates often going over the roof the Nordick's Motel is a relief to your wallet and one of the best you can get for the little that they charge. We will come again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Came to lake George the week after Labor Day. A vintage car show was about to start and the " downtown" motels were charging $140. Because of the trip advisor reviews, we checked out Nordick's. $68.00 and it was probably the cleanest room we've stayed in on this trip!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Srsholl
Clarksburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Nordick's for three nights on a short getaway to Lake George. The motel was in an excellent location, just a short walk from Lake George Village, but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. We did not have a "lake view" room, but were still able to see the lake from our window as well as the patio in front of our room.

The reason I did not rate the motel higher than 3 stars is because the room was very dark and drab, the carpetting was old and uncomfortable, and the bedding was also old and uncomfortable. We also found a couple ants in the room as well as a few spiders.

On the positive side the service was excellent, the employees were very friendly, and the pool was great. The restaurant next door (Porreca's) was excellent. We were not unhappy at all with our stay and for the price we paid we were not expecting a four or five room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TimM337
MA
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Recently stayed at Nordick's for four nights. It is a small motel right near Lake George village. It is not located right on the lake, however, the website does not indicate that it is so I don't know why someone complained about that in a review that I read. If you are traveling with a group like I was, it is a good place to stay because the rooms are not that far apart if you are staying in different areas. The pictures of the pool are deceiving (as with all professional websites), however, only once during our stay was it too crowded. The room size and decor vary depending on which room you book. The building that has the "lake view rooms" had larger rooms that seem to be more recently renovated than the other buildings, and worth the slightly extra money I think. Our room had a nice view of the lake and a front shared balcony to sit on to have morning coffee and look at the lake. The rooms that I saw that were in the other buildings were older decor and a little dark for my liking, but, the standard two queen room was a good size. Housekeeping did a good job as far as cleaning the room and surfaces. The reason I am not giving it an excellent rating is because of the carpeting in the rooms, they are very dirty. The rugs are dark colored so to the naked eye they appear clean, however, if you walk around the room in bare feet you will quickly notice that your feet are black. My daughter was in socks and they got wet from the bathroom floor in my friends room, and, after walking around on the carpet for a little while the bottom of the socks were black. Since this was happening in all the rooms I am assuming it is motel wide. I have to say that I did not discuss this with management as people were waiting for us and I was in a rush to leave on check out day. Hopefully they will read this and address the issue.
As far as the location, it is perfect. It is close enough to the village that you could walk. There is a trolley bus that you can take down as well. Route 87 is around the corner so it is also easy if you would like to travel around the area. We went to Saratoga Springs for the horse races and it was a short 25-30 minute ride. Overall, I would stay at this motel again as it is good value for the money. Extra tip....eat at the restaurant that is right on site, Porreca's Restaurant & Lounge, the BEST food of our trip!

Room Tip: Stay in the lake view rooms, they are bigger with a good view...worth the little extra money
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bean73
Stamford, CT
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Well. I'm sitting in front of my room looking at Lake George. It's about 200 yards in the distance, but I can see it none-the-less.
Bottom line: it's a budget motel. Priced $111 for a queen bed. Other places were priced $150+. The room is small, but the place is clean (and my girlfriend is a germ phobe). That's all we need- clean and location.
I didn't come to Lake George to sit in a hotel. I am out all day.
In the morning, going to Fort Tixonderoga - a nice 30 mile drive around the lake.
For the price (save 40% over comparable motels), I'd come back.

• Stayed August 2012