My wife and I have stayed here at the Sundowner 3 times now and each time is a pleasure. We have never been disappointed by anything about the place. And each time we stay, we find that the owners are always looking to improve the place. The rooms we have stayed in are very spacious and have a nice pleasant decor. Even the outside of the place is pleasing it a very nice dark tan color. (Well, the first time was a few years ago and it was when the place was still a bright yellow that I think could have been seen from the space station) We stayed in a group of 6 rooms with a private deck that has a lake view and a table and chairs. We are planning a family reuniion at Lake George for next summer with my sisters family and ours and our recommendation to them is the Sundowner. There are 2 very spacious rooms with kitchenettes in them that would be good for my son and his family and my niece and hers. They both have 2 kids of their own. One has 2 queen beds and a queen size pull out sofa bed. The other has 2 queen size beds. Again, both have kitchenettes with stove top, microwave, refrigerator and a sink.
One drawback is the parking. There are plenty of spaces, and it is very tight, but it is not impossible to manuver around to get to the exit. I have an SUV and had no trouble whatsoever. I saw a full size pickup turn around with hardly any trouble at all. (there was one reviewer who stated that it is not made for a full-size pickup, but I believe an experienced driver would not have a complaint like that)
Anyway, the Sundowner is a very enjoyable place in the middle of Lake George where one can go and relax by the lake and walk into town with no trouble at all. Overall, excellent and our placd to go to in Lake George. (we've been going there on and off for almost 25 years) Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sundowner Motel is conveniently located in Lake George Village directly on the shores of beautiful Lake George. We are a short walk from shops, restaurants, and activities in the village. Enjoy our clean, comfortable motel rooms, wonderful views of the lake, surrounding mountains and the other amenities that we offer:-Outdoor Heated Pool-Outdoor Kiddie Pool-Outdoor Deck overlooking Lake George-Outdoor Whirlpool-Free use of kayaks and rowboat-Free Wi-Fi-Private, shallow sandy beach-Picnic Tables and charcoal grills near beach-Laundromat-Free AM Coffee-All of our units are now non-smoking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sundowner Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundowner Hotel Lake George
- Sundowner Motel Lake George