“Great place for a get-together!”
Review of Boulders Resort

Boulders Resort
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed at Tea Island for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, meeting up with some American family. In total, we had 12 people, ranging in age from 2 yrs to 87 yrs. We rented the 3 bedroom Cabin #1 (bungalow style) that was fantastic for our needs. Beautiful open concept kitchen/dining room/ living room, with a chaise-style sectional couch that fit us all! The kitchen was well equipped; we did all our eating at the cabin. (dishwasher, yay!) There was a beautiful balcony that ran the length of the accomodations that overlooked Lake George and the hills across. Just lovely! There were two full bathrooms (one was an ensuite) that were VERY large, and the 3 bedrooms were also generously sized so you didn't feel cramped. It was nice to have the bedrooms down the hall from the common areas, as we never heard noise if some of our group were up early or late. Surprisingly, although this cabin was just off the main road, there didn't seem to be much nightime traffic, and we all slept soundly. Some minor negatives were: no phones in the cabins, and messages received at the office are not relayed very quickly. Although there is a lovely grotto style hot tub at Boulders, it was only lukewarm (as it wasn't covered). I believe we found the indoor play area, but it was much smaller than expected and only housed an old ping pong table. Thankfully, we had lovely weather and we used the outdoor volleyball net, playground and boats. We found the staff very pleasant. Would definitely consider going back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Mastersonthego

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am just finishing up my trip here. It was my first time to Lake George and I just found this place online so we just kind of came hoping for the best. We rented a townhouse and it is fantastic! The whole experience has been great. The place was really clean and the staff has been wonderful. I wanted to come during off season so that I could just relax and it has been great from beginning to end. The Resort is catered to families but in the off season there are not many here. The only criticism I would have is that the wireless did not work in our townhouse. But if my only complaint was to have to sit by the pool to get internet service then it is not a criticism at all. We will be back again next year! And a big thanks to the staff!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed at The Boulders Resort for two nights with lady friends. We were looking for a relaxing time out. The Boulders also owns Tea Island (all part of the same complex). Our room, which had a balcony with a direct view of the lake, was at Tea Island. It was comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Tea Island has a small beach, which was quiet and perfect for us. There is a pool and a spa on the Boulders property, which we were also able to use.

I recommend asking where your room will be located. The resort owns property across the street and the rooms do not have a lake view.

Overall, we had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My family and I had this trip planned for over a year and spent alot of money to stay in the 3 bedroom townhouse. It all sounded great having a full kitchen, a pool/hot tub, and free access to canoes and paddle boats. Well, everytime someone in ANY townhouse cooked something the fire alarms went off in the whole building. Even if you were only cooking eggs or boiling water. The couch in the living room i swear is from 1980 and has metal poking out of the arms of it. Plus when you sit down on it good luck getting back up. You sink so far into it that you use every muscle in your body to get up. Also, it only fits like 2 people on it. In our bathroom the air vent cover kept randomly falling off the wall. It sounds great that you can use the canoe and paddle boats for free, you only give the rude people in the office your license or room key. However, they do not pay attention to how many people are using them. The office had our license for the paddle boat and we walked down to it and a lady (who didnt speak english) was sitting in it and wouldnt get out! Finally her husband got her out and he told us that the office has his license too!! Another day we took a canoe out and the rude lady in the office gave us the wrong paddles. They were not canoe paddles. The best part of our week long trip out there was spending time with my family. Dont stay there, many other places to stay

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Kimberly525
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The cabin itself was nice and pretty clean. Other then there's no A.C. in the bedrooms and you have the bring your towel to the front desk everyday if you want clean ones. For $261.per night it might be nice if they picked up the towels.But that wouldn't have been so bad if the Attitude at the front desk wasn't so BAD. Walking in they don't even look at you, and when they do, they act like you have nerve being there. You think ok they're just having a bad day.But it was the same everyday.The Hospitalily was less then zero.
My sister fell on one of there boats and hit her head over her eye. It was bleeding pretty badly.We had to go to the front desk to get our room key that they hold when you use the boat. When we asked for a towel for the bleeding we were handed a wash cloth and NOT ONE question was asked...NOT are you ok..NOT do you need help. first aid Nothing. The indifference was the worst I've ever seen. The Attitude again was unbelievable!
So if you ask me...The place was nice..BUT there are way to many nice places up there that will be happy to take your money without thevbad, very BAD attitude.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank deb080
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had never been to this facility. Entertained a Dutch couple over July 4th weekend, Boulders had a cancellation and we stayed overnight. Stayed in a two bedroom cabin and docked a 23' boat. Facility is set up with housekeeping cabins, generally rented for multi-day or week-long stays. Neat little two bedroom cabin. All of us were impressed with the cleanliness of the cabin - refrigerator, bathroom, stove, kitchen area, floor, corners, tables, everything. Our Dutch guests were impressed, and that takes some doing. <g> Boulders makes an effort for families with kids, and I would recommend them for it. Very polite staff, and genuinely helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was my 12 year staying at the Boulders.My kids were 1 and 3 when we first started going there. They are now 13 and15. They love going every year. They are more excited about going to the Boulders then Christmas. We started going with one other family now we are up to 7 families. Every time someone comes that has never been there they love it so much they want to come back. The first thing I love is the view of the lake. It's beautiful. If you ever been to Lake George you know its very hilly. this has a hill but not so steep as all the other places. The grounds are always keep up. The pool over looking the lake is beautiful and is always clean. The staff is great. If something is broke they fix or replace as soon as possible.The cabins aren't brand new, but clean and roomy . Every year they all undate something in your cabin. They have everything in them so you don't need anything. Thursday there is a cookout at lunch time witch is nice[free by the way]. I find it truly a relaxing vacation. The staff lets you be, like it were your own home. We also have a timeshare on Lake George and all my friends and family would rather stay at the Boulders then there because it's truly a hang loose type of vacation. It's also 5mins from the village. I have travel all over the world, this is where I love to be.

• Stayed: July 2009