“Nice Getaway!”
Review of Boulders Resort

Boulders Resort
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed at The Boulders Resort for two nights with lady friends. We were looking for a relaxing time out. The Boulders also owns Tea Island (all part of the same complex). Our room, which had a balcony with a direct view of the lake, was at Tea Island. It was comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Tea Island has a small beach, which was quiet and perfect for us. There is a pool and a spa on the Boulders property, which we were also able to use.

I recommend asking where your room will be located. The resort owns property across the street and the rooms do not have a lake view.

Overall, we had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My family and I had this trip planned for over a year and spent alot of money to stay in the 3 bedroom townhouse. It all sounded great having a full kitchen, a pool/hot tub, and free access to canoes and paddle boats. Well, everytime someone in ANY townhouse cooked something the fire alarms went off in the whole building. Even if you were only cooking eggs or boiling water. The couch in the living room i swear is from 1980 and has metal poking out of the arms of it. Plus when you sit down on it good luck getting back up. You sink so far into it that you use every muscle in your body to get up. Also, it only fits like 2 people on it. In our bathroom the air vent cover kept randomly falling off the wall. It sounds great that you can use the canoe and paddle boats for free, you only give the rude people in the office your license or room key. However, they do not pay attention to how many people are using them. The office had our license for the paddle boat and we walked down to it and a lady (who didnt speak english) was sitting in it and wouldnt get out! Finally her husband got her out and he told us that the office has his license too!! Another day we took a canoe out and the rude lady in the office gave us the wrong paddles. They were not canoe paddles. The best part of our week long trip out there was spending time with my family. Dont stay there, many other places to stay

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Kimberly525
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The cabin itself was nice and pretty clean. Other then there's no A.C. in the bedrooms and you have the bring your towel to the front desk everyday if you want clean ones. For $261.per night it might be nice if they picked up the towels.But that wouldn't have been so bad if the Attitude at the front desk wasn't so BAD. Walking in they don't even look at you, and when they do, they act like you have nerve being there. You think ok they're just having a bad day.But it was the same everyday.The Hospitalily was less then zero.
My sister fell on one of there boats and hit her head over her eye. It was bleeding pretty badly.We had to go to the front desk to get our room key that they hold when you use the boat. When we asked for a towel for the bleeding we were handed a wash cloth and NOT ONE question was asked...NOT are you ok..NOT do you need help. first aid Nothing. The indifference was the worst I've ever seen. The Attitude again was unbelievable!
So if you ask me...The place was nice..BUT there are way to many nice places up there that will be happy to take your money without thevbad, very BAD attitude.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank deb080
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had never been to this facility. Entertained a Dutch couple over July 4th weekend, Boulders had a cancellation and we stayed overnight. Stayed in a two bedroom cabin and docked a 23' boat. Facility is set up with housekeeping cabins, generally rented for multi-day or week-long stays. Neat little two bedroom cabin. All of us were impressed with the cleanliness of the cabin - refrigerator, bathroom, stove, kitchen area, floor, corners, tables, everything. Our Dutch guests were impressed, and that takes some doing. <g> Boulders makes an effort for families with kids, and I would recommend them for it. Very polite staff, and genuinely helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was my 12 year staying at the Boulders.My kids were 1 and 3 when we first started going there. They are now 13 and15. They love going every year. They are more excited about going to the Boulders then Christmas. We started going with one other family now we are up to 7 families. Every time someone comes that has never been there they love it so much they want to come back. The first thing I love is the view of the lake. It's beautiful. If you ever been to Lake George you know its very hilly. this has a hill but not so steep as all the other places. The grounds are always keep up. The pool over looking the lake is beautiful and is always clean. The staff is great. If something is broke they fix or replace as soon as possible.The cabins aren't brand new, but clean and roomy . Every year they all undate something in your cabin. They have everything in them so you don't need anything. Thursday there is a cookout at lunch time witch is nice[free by the way]. I find it truly a relaxing vacation. The staff lets you be, like it were your own home. We also have a timeshare on Lake George and all my friends and family would rather stay at the Boulders then there because it's truly a hang loose type of vacation. It's also 5mins from the village. I have travel all over the world, this is where I love to be.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank chetta1012
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I have been to lake george with my family several times. The best place I have stayed in is the Boulders Resort,for a lot of reasons. The room and grounds were comfortable and accomadating but what realy made out trip special was the atmosphere created by the management and the people who work there. They do everything possible to make you feel welcome,appreciated and part of the family. I found out that there are a lot of families that have been going there for years usually the same week and same room each year. I think,in part, because of this it is a very friendly and fun place to be. I think I met and became friendly with more than half the people there.I think another part of it is the things managrment does to bring people together. My favorite was ghost story night. Sitting around the camp fire one of the employees told us his stories. When he finished anyone who wanted could tell their own stories or talk about anything else that was fun.Its little things like this that you can choose to be part of or not-or maybe just wander over and kind of look in-that make the Boulders special. There is one thing though,that impressed me the most. The people that work there. They went over and above on a daily basis to make my families vacation special. They treated me and my family like family and did things for us you don't usually expect from most businesses. I would highly recommend the Boulders for any family trip to Lake George

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chrisbavip
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Boulders Resort is a beautiful Lake George vacation spot. We just finished out 2 week vacation in Lake George NY at the Boulders resort. The weather was warm, and a good time was had by all. I myself have been vacationing in Lake George since I was a child. My wife and family have been vacationing at the lake for 21 years and we have been at the Boulders for the last 7 years. We stay for two weeks and there is always something to do no matter what the weather.

I wouldn’t want to vacation anywhere else on the lake. The resort is located right on Boulder Bay. The entire bay is a no wake zone for power boats so it’s perfectly safe (and fun) to float out in the middle of the bay with family and friends on a sunny day. If you want to take a break from the lake, Boulders has a heated pool and a hot tub.

You can also use the kayaks, the rowboats, and canoes that are provided by Boulders free of charge to enjoy the water. If you have a boat of your own you can dock it at Boulders for an additional fee and be ready to go out on the lake whenever you please.

We stay in the Townhouses. All rooms at the Boulders have heat and air conditioning. The rooms are clean, and well maintained. They are always reinvesting and improving the property. Each year there is some improvement (new table, updated floor, etc.) in the rooms. The resort is also expanding. They acquired the property across the street and are now at work updating it.

All the staff at the Boulders resort are courteous. They provide a free Thursday barbeque to all, as well as a free Friday continental breakfast. Another plus is that you can watch the Thursday night Lake George Village fireworks from the Boulders beach instead of doing battle with the crowds in town. Another added benefit of your stay is that Boulders provides discount tickets to a lot of local attractions.

We have already reserved our 2 weeks for 2010. We can’t wait til next year! Hope you book at Boulders and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family