“A perfectly nice place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Lake George
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Lake George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel is very clean, quiet and value priced. Check in and out was merely seconds and front desk help we're very pleasant. Indoor and outdoor pool were very nice and clean. Pools were never crowded either. This hotel is a little to far to walk into town but public lots are easy and inexpensive to use. The only negative is that the free breakfast was terrible. Food was awful and area was over crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacationer1968
Debra E, Assistant Manager/Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Thank you for writing your review and the 4-star rating. We are glad you found most everything to your satisfaction. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. Our complimentary breakfast have over 12 items -- something to please everyone. We also have several very good local eateries that we recommend to guests who are looking for a unique breakfast/brunch experience.
Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Let me say the room was clean but for its money not worth it. I paid $276 per night....no room service and I was told that when I booked. Second I was told at initial reservation I will only pay $14.99 fee until I checked in. I notice 2 days later we were charged the fee plus one night. I let it past because I needed to be there for a Softball tournament. Third I ask for extra towels. ..took 3-1/2 hrs to get them after I sent my daughter down to get them. Fourth. .the breakfast is all microwave eggs, sausage, soggy french toast sticks, water down coffee. I called to speak to General Mgr and she question and basically didn't believe me and basically call me a liar. I could not recommend this to no one for the money. I think if they price for the service and amenities which are none...worth 80 bucks.

Room Tip: The customer is always right!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank V M
Thank you for writing your review. We are sorry you experienced challenges with your stay. Please be sure to ask the front desk for a list of restaurants that delivery to the hotel on your next visit.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, good location right off the main strip it was definitely more then we expected. The staff was Pleasant and helpful, and the hot breakfast was a good addition though room service would make this place perfect if they had it but a lot restaurants were close by. The indoor outdoor pool well kept and i mean spotless the geounds keepers were out all day keeping this place clean. and also everything is within walking distance.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Our staff works very hard to keep the hotel clean and comfortable for our guests - thank you for recognizing their efforts. Be sure to ask for a list of restaurants that deliver food to the hotel when you visit with us again!