“A good find”

Wingate by Wyndham Lake George
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It was my husbands birthday weekend so I found this hotel and was very pleased with it. Clean, Very close to town and minutes from Glens Falls..I would stay here again...also great price!! We found some really great hiking trails as well which were minutes away.

* However if you come in March nothing is open in Lake George...FYI

**Must got eat @ Bistro Le Roux (amazing)

Room Tip: *For couples get a king bed room...very spacious * Fourth Floor might we best..we were on third and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Caitlin D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Hello! This is Caitlin...we had an at length discussion about area restaurants. I hope you were able to sample some of the other great local eateries while you were in town. If you have an opportunity to visit us again when the weather is more conducive to outdoor activities, I know a few trails only locals are familiar with that you would enjoy very much! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I do hope we are able to enjoy your company in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It was my husbands birthday, So as A gift to him, I treated him to a long weekend stay to one of our favorite places, Lake Geoge, NY. We usually rent a home because we had our Dog Bear, he recently passed so this was our first trip staying at a hotel by our self in a long time. The place was beautiful and very comfortable and clean. I would suggest though that maybe you add a Bar resturant, I think this would bring you alot of business. We loved our stay and the comlimentary breakfast. thank you for a really nice time.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Caitlin D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. It is pleasing to know we are doing our job and making our guests feel welcomed and relaxed. I am sorry for your loss, but I am glad you chose us for your first experience back in a hotel type setting. I believe we are considering adding a bar to our facilities, but I do not believe the building itself was built to hold a restaurant. It might take a restructuring and new inspections, but never say never. We are always looking for ways to appeal to our guests. Thank you again!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel as a little get-away for ourselves. The place is beautiful, the desk staff is wonderful, the hot tub was great for my neck and back problems and very clean, the breakfast room is one of the nicest we've ever been in (and we travel a lot), and the food was very good. HOWEVER -please notice that we stayed in March. If you're looking for great prices and relaxation, don't go during the high season. Even up through mid-May is good and, of course, after Labor Day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Wingate by Wyndham in Lake George. I appreciate how our staff, and our facilities, made such an impact on your romantic getaway. You are right in saying it is far more calm here in March, but sometimes the pace of the summer can be equally enjoyable for families because of the active and fun atmosphere. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Caitlin D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were at the Wingate for a playoff tournament. I had players and parents to make arrangements for as well as the entire league. The staff was incredibly helpful. From the ever changing room count based on which teams won and lost every day to the late check out that was needed for the team that was going to the finals the staff worked with me every step of the way. The location was perfect and the staff accommodating. I would like to thank Ann Marie, Caitlin and Chris for all their help to make it once less thing that I had to worry about over the weekend. We will be back next year!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

It was a pleasure to have our hockey teams in this past weekend and wish all of you the best of luck in Las Vegas. I do hope you call or email to let us know how it went. Go Lake George Spirit! Go Syracuse Stampede! Good Luck to all the players that work so hard all year and were on their best behavior during their stay. It was our pleasure to help teams with late games. We actually had 3 winning teams stay this weekend! It can be hard to make arrangements when you aren't sure of your schedule the next day so we were happy to help. I personally look forward to all the festivities next year. Your parents, players, and coaches represented how positive and exemplary a sports team can travel with courtesy and style.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel and staff were very friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and all the bathroom accessories were well presented. I have stayed at this hotel many times and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Caitlin D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us again here at the Wingate by Wyndham in Lake George! I am very pleased to know we met your expectations again on your trip. It is always nice to hear someone really enjoyed our service and their stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Next time you stay, be sure to inquire if we have a local promotion so I may obtain the best rate possible for your next stay!