WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Moira, New York
“Family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay! My son, age 5, loved the slide and the water tree. My husband, WAY older than 5, enjoyed the hot tub, and the pool water was warm enough for all of us! Our son also loved the game room!

The room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a king suite with a sleeper sofa. The pillows were on the small side, but we had a lot of them. The king bed was quite comfortable, but the sofa bed wasn't anything to write home about.

The breakfast was pretty typical for a free spread: waffles, fruit, eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, toast and pastries. It was good enough to meet our needs.

The location is great. The hotel is close to the interstate, outlet mall and Great Escape, but far enough out of the village to avoid the congestion and heavy traffic). We were also just a few minutes from a number of chain and local restaurants.

The owners, who worked the front desk the day we checked out, were friendly and professional, as was the breakfast staff and cleaning staff. But the two women working the front desk when we checked in went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They were patient with and kind to our son, and they were quite social.

We'll definitely go back to this hotel next time we're in town.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank FromTheFrozenNorth14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took the family overnight to break up week long school break.Saw the pictures of the pool area which convinced me to choose this hotel and it did not disapoint.First let me say-I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THIS SPYING OR BEING HARRASSED SITUATION at all. My kids were literally in the pool for 2 days straight and never were told to keep quiet or calm down etc etc.The slide is great for kids-4-12.the pool is large and they have a hot tub.Breakfast was a little below par-but it did the job for free. Swamped between 9-9.30 free newspaper,larger than avg bathroom,towels handed out for the pool,working elevators,clean--whats not to like $89 AAA rate. Close to everything.

1 Thank barc2
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm a pretty tolerant person, and I don't like to write negative reviews, but I have to say this hotel crosses the line in my opinion. There is absolutely no privacy. Which is a shame because the hotel itself is very nice, and the rooms are modern and clean, and the indoor pool with a small water slide and hot tub is nice. The problem is with the twin brothers that run the place. They watch everything you do on video camera. And I am not joking. If you're in the pool, they're watching you, and it's almost guaranteed someone will come and yell at your kids for running or splashing or talking too loud or going down the slide the wrong way, or whatever. (There's so many rules, they might as well make a no swimming rule) If you're in the breakfast area, they're watching you, and before you're even done they'll be rushing you out. (And by the way breakfast is mobbed and chaotic, and really not that good) If you're in the lobby, they're watching you. (There's a fine line between being friendly and being nosy) I have a travel guitar (admittedly, the case is a bit odd shaped) that I was bringing in from the car, and one of the brothers at the front desk stopped me and asked me what it was. (Really you need to see my luggage?) We once tried to go out the back door since our car was parked in the back of the hotel and we had a lot of bags to carry, and one of the brothers came running over and asked why we were going out that door. Cameras are everywhere. My wife asked for some extra pillows, and the person who delivered them (noticeably) stuck their head in the room and looked around as if to see how many people we had in there, and what we were up to. There's probably more, but these are the specific things I could think of. If you think I'm the only person who feels this way, check some of the other reviews. If you value your privacy on vacation, good luck. It's creepy. You have been warned.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank OutOfOffice4Good
Tannersville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The staff is friendly, rooms are very clean and the pool area is incredible. Close to outlets and minutes away from the village of Lake George. Took my family here for a weekend getaway and I couldn't get my daughter away from the pool. Before we left we were already planning our next trip this summer and I can guarantee it will start with a reservation to this hotel.

2 Thank Michael P
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Perfect stay for a girls weekend with a 5 & 6 years olds and three adults. The service was great, fast and effective. The front desk staff was amazing, Michael, pointed me to my party already swimming in the pool. I called a day before the trip and asked to add the other parties names onto the reservation, they simply made the change with no questions.

I would suggest this hotel for anyone. The hotel is newer and the lobby was decorated nicely.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aluckhill
Worcester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Three adults & 2 children arrived at the Comfort Suites for a girls' weekend. Although on a fairly busy road, it's set back enough so we never heard any traffic. We were greeted warmly at the desk, checked in easily and, since the first thing the girls wanted to do was swim, we were told the rules & regs for the pools. Nothing that common sense shouldn't tell you anyway. There's no lifeguard and an adult needs to be present. Easy! And they provide towels. After going to our room, which was very clean, roomy and included a sofa bed and 2 queen beds (perfect for the 5 of us) the girls changed & headed for the pool. The slide isn't huge but perfect for a 5 & 6 year old and the pool is actually much bigger than I've seen in most hotels. There is also a hot tub for the adults. Breakfast included sausage the 1st morning & bacon the 2nd which made the grand daughters happy. Unfortunately, on Sunday morning the kitchen couldn't seem to keep up with the demand and there were times when neither was available. Otherwise, the breakfast had almost anything you could want-cereal, fruit, English muffins, bagels, Danish, powered donuts, juice, coffee and water for tea. They also had both regular sized waffles as well as waffles the size of a donut, made with regular or strawberry flavored batter. Obviously, they cater to families because we noticed a small playground area in the back of the hotel. All in all, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
2 Thank soxfanPaxton
WESTERN MASS.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The 163 mile trek in the 3/19/13 snowstorm was met with a nice friendly welcome, very speedy check in, instructions on the pool and water slide area, as well as great suggestions on local spots to ski or to stop at, by our host: Michael. The room was large, even had a sofabed we never expected, was very clean, and quiet. (Microwave and fridge included). We had a great view of the snow covered woods on back side of the hotel. The lobby was decorated nicely, with a fireplace and sweeping staircase. The dining area had great pictures of the lake on the walls. Our extensive breakfast was both delicious and filling as we then headed 32 miles North to ski Gore Mountain for the day. Waffles and maple syrup, scrambled eggs and bacon, powdered donuts and fruit juices kept me fueled until lunch. The hot tub and pool slide complimented the large pool area with a huge mural of the Lake George Region surrounding it.

3 Thank 5inavan