“quick getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
new york
“quick getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took the family overnight to break up week long school break.Saw the pictures of the pool area which convinced me to choose this hotel and it did not disapoint.First let me say-I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THIS SPYING OR BEING HARRASSED SITUATION at all. My kids were literally in the pool for 2 days straight and never were told to keep quiet or calm down etc etc.The slide is great for kids-4-12.the pool is large and they have a hot tub.Breakfast was a little below par-but it did the job for free. Swamped between 9-9.30 free newspaper,larger than avg bathroom,towels handed out for the pool,working elevators,clean--whats not to like $89 AAA rate. Close to everything.

1 Thank barc2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm a pretty tolerant person, and I don't like to write negative reviews, but I have to say this hotel crosses the line in my opinion. There is absolutely no privacy. Which is a shame because the hotel itself is very nice, and the rooms are modern and clean, and the indoor pool with a small water slide and hot tub is nice. The problem is with the twin brothers that run the place. They watch everything you do on video camera. And I am not joking. If you're in the pool, they're watching you, and it's almost guaranteed someone will come and yell at your kids for running or splashing or talking too loud or going down the slide the wrong way, or whatever. (There's so many rules, they might as well make a no swimming rule) If you're in the breakfast area, they're watching you, and before you're even done they'll be rushing you out. (And by the way breakfast is mobbed and chaotic, and really not that good) If you're in the lobby, they're watching you. (There's a fine line between being friendly and being nosy) I have a travel guitar (admittedly, the case is a bit odd shaped) that I was bringing in from the car, and one of the brothers at the front desk stopped me and asked me what it was. (Really you need to see my luggage?) We once tried to go out the back door since our car was parked in the back of the hotel and we had a lot of bags to carry, and one of the brothers came running over and asked why we were going out that door. Cameras are everywhere. My wife asked for some extra pillows, and the person who delivered them (noticeably) stuck their head in the room and looked around as if to see how many people we had in there, and what we were up to. There's probably more, but these are the specific things I could think of. If you think I'm the only person who feels this way, check some of the other reviews. If you value your privacy on vacation, good luck. It's creepy. You have been warned.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank OutOfOffice4Good
Tannersville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The staff is friendly, rooms are very clean and the pool area is incredible. Close to outlets and minutes away from the village of Lake George. Took my family here for a weekend getaway and I couldn't get my daughter away from the pool. Before we left we were already planning our next trip this summer and I can guarantee it will start with a reservation to this hotel.

2 Thank Michael P
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Perfect stay for a girls weekend with a 5 & 6 years olds and three adults. The service was great, fast and effective. The front desk staff was amazing, Michael, pointed me to my party already swimming in the pool. I called a day before the trip and asked to add the other parties names onto the reservation, they simply made the change with no questions.

I would suggest this hotel for anyone. The hotel is newer and the lobby was decorated nicely.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aluckhill
Worcester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Three adults & 2 children arrived at the Comfort Suites for a girls' weekend. Although on a fairly busy road, it's set back enough so we never heard any traffic. We were greeted warmly at the desk, checked in easily and, since the first thing the girls wanted to do was swim, we were told the rules & regs for the pools. Nothing that common sense shouldn't tell you anyway. There's no lifeguard and an adult needs to be present. Easy! And they provide towels. After going to our room, which was very clean, roomy and included a sofa bed and 2 queen beds (perfect for the 5 of us) the girls changed & headed for the pool. The slide isn't huge but perfect for a 5 & 6 year old and the pool is actually much bigger than I've seen in most hotels. There is also a hot tub for the adults. Breakfast included sausage the 1st morning & bacon the 2nd which made the grand daughters happy. Unfortunately, on Sunday morning the kitchen couldn't seem to keep up with the demand and there were times when neither was available. Otherwise, the breakfast had almost anything you could want-cereal, fruit, English muffins, bagels, Danish, powered donuts, juice, coffee and water for tea. They also had both regular sized waffles as well as waffles the size of a donut, made with regular or strawberry flavored batter. Obviously, they cater to families because we noticed a small playground area in the back of the hotel. All in all, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
2 Thank soxfanPaxton
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The 163 mile trek in the 3/19/13 snowstorm was met with a nice friendly welcome, very speedy check in, instructions on the pool and water slide area, as well as great suggestions on local spots to ski or to stop at, by our host: Michael. The room was large, even had a sofabed we never expected, was very clean, and quiet. (Microwave and fridge included). We had a great view of the snow covered woods on back side of the hotel. The lobby was decorated nicely, with a fireplace and sweeping staircase. The dining area had great pictures of the lake on the walls. Our extensive breakfast was both delicious and filling as we then headed 32 miles North to ski Gore Mountain for the day. Waffles and maple syrup, scrambled eggs and bacon, powdered donuts and fruit juices kept me fueled until lunch. The hot tub and pool slide complimented the large pool area with a huge mural of the Lake George Region surrounding it.

3 Thank 5inavan
Fairport, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our softball team spent the weekend at Comfort Suites for a tournament. When we first entered, we were greeted with a list of rules, including: "Any horseplay, running, loitering or yelling after 10:00pm will be considered grounds for eviction." And, "If there are disturbances pertaining to your room the manager will speak with you. WE OFFER NO SECOND WARNING." We had to sign this paper. When entering the pool area, you'll notice a sign informing you that your children must not only be accompanied (goes without saying) but must be "well-behaved." There are cameras everywhere and trust me, you will be observed. The staff came into the pool at one point and yelled at some of the kids and then rudely asked another group, Do you have any problems with this?
The adults in our group were told to leave the breakfast area where we were having cocktails after swimming. They came in and asked us to leave around 10:00. On a weekend! There was no other gathering place.
There appeared to be two brothers running the hotel. One was pleasant, the other was mean and unfriendly.
It was obvious from some of the statements made to our team that they did not like having groups there. Apparently they did not like the thousands of dollars we spent over the weekend either because they did not one thing to make us want to stay at this hotel ever again.
ON a positive note, the rooms were nice and clean and the housekeeper Mary was friendly and welcoming. They should consider promoting her to management!
When you go to the Lake George area, find another place to stay. Especially if you are with a group.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends