“Family hotel with.a slew of accommodations.”

Comfort Suites Lake George
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here only one night for a little get away from our two children. We visited this hotel once before. You are greeted by very polite and professional staff when you arrive. Check-in was quick. I remember the pool from last visit, there is a great water slide, and hot tub. This hotel is conviently located near the outlet shopping. The room was a spacious king suite on the 3rd floor. Elevators were quick. Bathroom is very spacious. The fitness room was better than most. It has a treadmill, bike, stair-climber, and four machines to work your body. Tv w/ remote. I like the business center. The free breakfast is a great hot breakfast with waffles. Go early as last time we went later and had to wait a few minutes for a table. Everything is very clean, staff members are polite. I like the white lights around the trees out front. We will definitely be back, and I think next time we will be back with our kids. The game room is a big hit with the kids. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

How this hotel gets away with things is beyond me! Im furious and would never suggest anyone stay here. If you get any discount of any kind they treat you like garbage. We had a friends and family rate for 69 a night for 6 nights. We get checked in and everything is set but when i came back in with the bags and my daughters they stop me and ask how many people are in my party. I told him Myself, my wife, my 3 year old daughter, and my 4 month old daughter. He said because we had 4 people in our party that we could not get the 69 dollar rate and that we had to pay the full rate of over 100 dollards. They made it as though we had to pay an extra 30 dollars a night for a 4 month old little girl. Anyone who has ever had children know that up until 3 years old children are free for basically everything. They said that because we had 4 people in our party (a baby in a car seat) that we had to change rooms from a king to 2 queen beds resulting in a 30 dollar difference per night. Understandabley i was furious and called the choice hotels customer service/customer complaint department. After being hung up on twice and waiting almost an hour to talk to someone i finally spoke to a women named sandra. I feel bad about getting upset with her because she was just the middle man but she was very passive aggressive about the whole situation. She contaced the hotel and the hotel manager was very rude to her (my wife and daughters were in the lobby the whole time while I was out in the Car). He kept saying this nonsense about where the cutoff was and if that meant he should allow 7 children under the age of 3 to stay in a king size bed. REALLY? GROW UP. I wasnt asking for freebies, i just wanted the rate i was promised. The Lady basically said that all they could do was give me the rate for 89 instead of 69. That adds up and after driving 5 hours to get there the day before they said thats all they could do. I work for Wegmans (The Stantard for Incredible Customer Service). If a customer contacted the Wegmans corporate office, All Hell would break Loose. Not here, if you dont pay full price, YOU DONT MATTER! Funny how i stayed there the night before at full price for 118 on a seperate reservation and they treated me like a king and were all nicey nicey. But if you get a discount WATCH OUT!

Room Tip: Breakfast is very poor and only lasts until 9. Who wants to eat egg patties?! and old Sausage Links.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Alex W
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautifully decorated and courteous staff! Beds were extremely comfortable, pillows were dreamy! Unique design, eyecatching local photographs made for enjoyable surroundings. I have problems when I sit too long but the comfortable chairs in their dining area were wonderful. Extremely convenient to the outlet stores. I plan on staying there again soon!!! Thank you to the owners for a wonderfully pleasant, beautiful hotel!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice hotel,staff was very friendly, room was nice size, clean, comfortable beds, convenient to outlets, village and restaurants, good price. Met a friend for a shopping weekend.
Did not do complimentary breakfast. Did not want to rush to get up, get ready to go to breakfast. Would suggest extending until 10. Breakfast room was too warm, selection was not much by 9:15, maybe a fan would bring the temperature down. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. If you have a room in front near the gazebo and you like your windows op...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very, very clean and an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Originally plan to stay 2 nights and ended up staying 3. I was on the road for many years staying in many hotels and motels. This ranks right up there. Great location for the area. Room was very comfortable and very roomy. Would stay here again and plan to as soon as possible. Price was also reasonable with a good breakfast that was complimentary.
Gil & Cathy

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gil H
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had mixed feeling about going to this hotel by reading the negative reviews about the owners being mean to kids and other guests, when we got there both twin brothers were at the reception counter and greeted my kids, my girlfriend and myself in a good manner, they were very pleasant and helpful, did not have a problem answering my kids questions and didn't seem annoyed like other people said, the pool was awesome, my kids enjoyed it very much, all though I think it could use a little more supervision, lack of lifeguards makes it a little unsafe, but then again they want parents there with the kids at all times. I would Definitely come back again and would highly recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: I think any room in this hotel would be great, we had a room around the corner from the reception an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was a great family place to stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were all so friendly and helpful. Free wifi and a great breakfast are included. It's also conveniently located right next to shopping outlets and several restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family