“The Comfort Suites is a great place for a fun family getaway with warm and friendly staff.”

Comfort Suites Lake George
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband and I were trying to find someplace special to take the kids without it being expensive. I thought about the Great Escape Hotel in Lake George but that was too expensive. My husband suggested just finding a place with an indoor swimming pool - just to give the kids a night away. So we looked on-line and found the Comfort Suites Hotel. We decided to check out the hotel, so my husband called to make we could still get a room. He spoke with Patty on the telephone. She was very friendly - she told us they still had rooms available. My husband told her we would see her in a few hours. When we arrived a few hours later, we told her that we would like a room and she asked if we were the ones she spoke to earlier. We said yes. It is a breathtaking lobby with a beautiful chandelier and a grand staircase. (I thought to myself it would make a great place for a wedding).

Here is what we found:
ROOM: The room was very spacious room and it was tastefully decorated. It had a "homey" feel to it. It had 2 Queen size beds, which were very comfortable - best we've ever had in a hotel. The beds had down comforters and 4 pillows per bed - not the usual 2. There was also sleeper sofa - the bedding for it was conveniently located in the closet - no need to call housekeeping for it like most other places. It had a microwave oven and a good size refrigerator in the room as well. The room had a 32" flat screen HD TV. The room was spotless - no dust any where. There was a closet in the room that also housed the flat iron, ironing board and the safe. The room was very quiet.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The coffee maker was located on the bathroom sink. Everything was so neat and tidy.

BREAKFAST AREA: The breakfast room was large and comfortable. There was also a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The food was fabulous. Our son really loved the idea of the make your own Belgian waffle station. He is a very picky eater and he loved it. It was the first time seeing that in a hotel - great idea!!! The food was hot - scrambled eggs and sausage. They also had pastries, english muffins, bread (for toast), yogurt, fruit and cereal. They had coffee, hot water, milk and juice. Great breakfast spread!

POOL AREA: It was indoors. The murals on the wall were great - they depicted the Lake George area! The pool was fabulous. It had a 50 foot slide with the water depth of about 4 feet. It was awesome. We loved it. Our 10 year old and 11 year old thought it was great because they didn't have to wait in line to get on it. They would go down the slide and swim around to the other side and race to see who could reach the 5 foot end of the pool. The slide was somewhat seperated from the other area of the pool - so if you weren't using the slide you could swim in the other section. The depth ranged from 3 feet to 5 feet. There was a kiddie pool with a small mushroom water sprayer. The depth ranged from about 7 inches to 1 foot. Our 3 year old loved this area. There was also a hottub/jacuzzi there as well. This area was pretty clean as well.

GAME ROOM AREA: The kids liked this area too. It had many arcade games plus an air hockey table and a pool table - which delighted our son- he got to play his first game of pool here. Even this room was very clean.

FITNESS ROOM: We didn't really have time to check this room out but we plan to the next time we visit! And it is open 24 hours - how often does that happen?

PLAYGROUND AREA: We forgot all about this area until it was time to go. We drove by it on the way out. It has a basketball court area and a play area with swings, a few slides, rope climbing etc. We will definitely check it out the next time - especially with a 3 year old who loves to be outside.

We also noticed that there was a BBQ area with picnic tables - something to think about when it is nicer outside. We noticed that there was a Meeting Room area and a Guest Laundry area. We also liked the fact that the hotel was 100% smoke free. It was nice!

The staff were extremely friendly and very family oriented. Michael Stark - one of the owners was there during our stay - he was very friendly and accomodating. My husband spent sometime talking and joking with him. Every single person we met during our stay was very friendly.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely. The price was reasonable. The place was immaculate! I don't think we've ever stayed in a cleaner hotel! They are definitely "Family Friendly"! We truly enjoyed our stay and play to go again real soon - maybe even this coming weekend.

Room Tip: The
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DougnAlice

Reviewed March 23, 2011

This hotel feels so much more luxurious than the price you pay. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The pool and hot tub room was amazing! Great attention to detail, big flat screen TV in the bedroom, very comfortable bed, plenty of space... it was outstanding, especially for the price.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

The twin brothers that manage this hotel are creepy,,, I was with a group of families and the kids were in the pool area with adults. The manager came in and screamed in my face that the kids were misbehaving and did I want to find a new place to stay. He said "dont deny it I have you all on camera". Meanwhile three ladies came to my defense and said they had been there all morning and it was a different group of kids. He said the had a problem with my group..that we let the kids run wild as we "drank excessively" WHAT A LIE!!! Another family in my group were in their room..the mom was in the bathroom and heard the kids talking to someone. She came out and found a woman manager in her room. She used the room key and let herself in to tell them that she had complaints that they were too loud. I have traveled around the world and have never experienced anything like this. The cleaning staff however were very pleasant and accomodating. Maybe the twim creepers should take some advice from them. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE! They take your money and treat you like second class citizens....

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank krisb70
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I are hard to please by nature. I have travelled extensively for business for over 42.5 years and stayed and visited many locations both for business and pleasure and all I can say is that I wish ALL MY TRAVEL EXPERIENCES WERE IN PAR WITH OUR SEVERAL VISITS TO COMFORT SUITES at 1533 State Route, Lake George, NY - PERECT LOCATION, PERFECT HOSPITALITY, IN SUMMARY, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PLATIUMLIFE
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Beautiful appointments throughout hotel
Exceptionally Clean- Room/Bathroom was spotless, Hallways, Elevators and Breakfast Room were spotless also
Beds, Comforters, and Pillows were very comfortable
Staff was very friendly and helpful
Management went beyond the call of duty when I was leaving in a snowstorm. One of the owners of the hotel personally shoveled around my car and cleaned the car off as I was putting my siutcase in the trunk
Would highly recommend staying at the Comfort Suites if you plan on visiting Lake George

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtd10883
Reviewed February 25, 2011

After staying at this hotel for the second time within one year, overall we had a good experience. The owners of the hotel are on the premises daily/nightly. They have a great control of their property and their expectations are clear. At times a little firm, but understandably needed. My children wanted to revisit this hotel because they absolutely love the slide feature at the pool. However, as an adult the temperature of the pool (not kiddy pool) was a bit cool. I would have loved to have gone swimming with my children if the pool temperature was a little bit warmer. Not sure what the temperature was because we couldn't find a thermometer when we quickly scanned for it. Also, the chlorine fumes were VERY strong. My eyes burned and watered the entire time. The management staff did open the windows but the fumes were so bad that it really didn't help. During our first stay at the hotel, I did notice the coolness of the pool and strong chlorine fumes but not as bad. Even though we rated the hotel very good, I'm not sure if we'd return. Warmer pool water and healthy eyes are needed to enjoy our children, especially when we specifically stayed at this hotel for the pools features.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We choose all our hotels on the quality and size of the pool. We've never managed one with an indoor water slide! The kids were on it morning and night and loved it. But if it wasn't a good hotel, I would not even bother rating it. It's a great hotel and they're begging to go back....and we're happy to comply.