“Wonderful Experience with Large Group”
Review of Lake Haven Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake Haven Motel
Ranked #33 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 19, 2013

There are not many places that would accomodate a motorcycle group, but Jeff and the staff at the Lake Haven Motel bent over backwards to make our experience a great one. Two motorcycle clubs (maryland and Boston Chapters) met at Lake george for a "meet and greet". Motel was clean and the pool area was the perfect place to gather, schmooze, have some drinks and smoke some cigars after a hard day of riding and dinner. The staff was wonderful and even kept the pool area open for us long after they normally would have closed it. All in all, a good time was had by all and we would definitely come back. Thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deerslayer0206

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were a group of 24, arriving from Boston and Baltimore on our motorcycles. I had been working with Jeff, the owner, through the winter and spring, making sure that we had everything all set for our group. He was wonderful about communicating promptly, and from the other reviews that I had read, I knew we had picked the right spot! Jeff and his staff couldn't have been nicer. The rooms were all immaculate, as were the grounds which were very well kept. The pool was great, plenty of seats and towels for us to use. You can tell that Jeff takes a lot of pride in his motel, and it shows. We were all very happy with our stay and we hope to make it back next year.
A few things to note: The bed in our room was very hard, not sure why a mattress needs to be rock solid. There were no toiletries, no shampoo, conditioner, body lotion or shower gel. Just a few small bars of soap. There was a small fridge in the room which was very helpful, not sure if they are in all the rooms though.
We had a great few nights there and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PamiJo
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our fourth year staying at Lake Haven Motel. Wonderful, friendly owner (Jeff). The rooms
are extremely clean thanks to an oustanding employee Anastasia. We were greated by Lori
who was very accomodating and friendly. You would think you knew the staff your whole life. Very well kept property with beautiful flowers and pool. Walking distance to the village, beach and fishing and more. Looking forward to out next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I loved everything about this motel. I stayed 2 nights, May 31 & June 1. Jeff was so incredibly personable that he made me feel like I'd known him all my life. The room was extremely clean & the bathroom nice & roomy. The pool was very clean too. It was apparent to me that the staff there does a lot of work to keep everything looking extremely nice. I'd stayed in a different motel about 1/4 mile south of Lake Haven last September, & there was just no comparison. This will no doubt be the place I stay every time I go to Lake George.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sharon291
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I loved this motel. I had a great experience. The employees were nice and my room was clean. I'm in my early twenties and went with my sisters; normally, people asume we are going to party the night out in the room (which we never do), but they were very open and comfortable with us around. It's walking distance to the lake. I received more than what I paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great experience at this motel! It was a very reasonable price for being in a tourist town. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave good recommendations for places to visit and go out to eat at, and gave some coupons for local attractions. There was also a small breakfast to grab and go in the morning. Although this motel was a little farther out than the rest in town, it was still in walking distance of everything and most of the main attractions. (It was probably about a 15 minute walk to the end of the main strip.) There's also people on bicycles that you can pay to bring you somewhere for $5 (kind of like mini-taxis).

The room and bathroom were extremely clean. House keeping went out of their way to make our stay comfortable (new bedding, towels, soap, shampoo, even arranged the stuff we left laying on the sink, shower and tables neatly). And it was clean. Really clean. :) The rooms aren't huge, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep and shower it's more than enough space.

The only downside of our stay was that the parking lot was difficult to maneuver in and out of because it was narrow with slanted parking spaces. The room was also a little dimly lit, but no big deal. The bed was comfortable, clean, and the pillows were fluffy. Highly recommended and we would definitely stay there again!

Amenities that were included were television, towels, mini-fridge, shampoo, soap, air conditioning, alarm clock, small breakfast, pool, pool towels.

Room Tip: You can ask for poolside rooms, but this is a small motel so location wasn't really an issue. It...