“Nice & Cozy”
Review of Lake Haven Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake Haven Motel
Ranked #32 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Nice & Cozy”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I loved this motel. I had a great experience. The employees were nice and my room was clean. I'm in my early twenties and went with my sisters; normally, people asume we are going to party the night out in the room (which we never do), but they were very open and comfortable with us around. It's walking distance to the lake. I received more than what I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lee Center, NY
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great experience at this motel! It was a very reasonable price for being in a tourist town. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave good recommendations for places to visit and go out to eat at, and gave some coupons for local attractions. There was also a small breakfast to grab and go in the morning. Although this motel was a little farther out than the rest in town, it was still in walking distance of everything and most of the main attractions. (It was probably about a 15 minute walk to the end of the main strip.) There's also people on bicycles that you can pay to bring you somewhere for $5 (kind of like mini-taxis).

The room and bathroom were extremely clean. House keeping went out of their way to make our stay comfortable (new bedding, towels, soap, shampoo, even arranged the stuff we left laying on the sink, shower and tables neatly). And it was clean. Really clean. :) The rooms aren't huge, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep and shower it's more than enough space.

The only downside of our stay was that the parking lot was difficult to maneuver in and out of because it was narrow with slanted parking spaces. The room was also a little dimly lit, but no big deal. The bed was comfortable, clean, and the pillows were fluffy. Highly recommended and we would definitely stay there again!

Amenities that were included were television, towels, mini-fridge, shampoo, soap, air conditioning, alarm clock, small breakfast, pool, pool towels.

Room Tip: You can ask for poolside rooms, but this is a small motel so location wasn't really an issue. It...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lwmg
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We needed a baby chair and the guy in charge got us a brand new one. We also asked for a soft mattress top and we got a new one. Overall excellent service and very nice people. The pool is also very clean and heated.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Mikeppppp
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thank you Lake Haven Motel for a very relaxing and very clean place to stay. The staff couldn't have been nicer no matter what time of day or night it was. Also you can't beat the price. We will stay there again next time we are in Lake George. THANKS AGAIN.

2 Thank alimartin
coram ny
Reviewed July 26, 2012

my stayed at lake haven was a wonderful time the staff was wonderful clean rooms the pool was great the people wee friendly the whole staff were great looking forword to going again i had the star room for a relaxing vacation go and enjoy visted kate ,laurie, jeff and the whole staff the best time

Room Tip: the star room and ajoing room was great
3 Thank luvrodstwrt21
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was a very relaxing vacation the staff was wonderful also this motel is kept clean all the time we stayed 5 nights and it was wonderful this is going to be a yearly vacation spot for me and my wife . THANK YOU ALL AT THE HAVEN

4 Thank Joseph M
Cream Ridge N.J.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is going to be a long review that will be honest and a pleasure to write.

First off, I very rarely give "Excellent" ratings because I use the same frame of reference for all establishments regardless of the "price point". However if I was rating only moderatelly priced Lake George motels the Lake Haven would garner an EXCELLENT+++ rating! This is not by mistake or luck. It is only by hard work, excellent management of staff, location and smart usage of resources that it becomes possible.

Rooms: Very Clean with daily maid service and plentiful towels. Newer bathrooms with good water pressure. Sure, it is not luxurious...Rather basic accomodations but sturdy and well maintained. No bad smells or mildue. AC was strong...just a little noisy at times with a trickle sound every so often. I found the pillows slightly too "puffy"...I am used to having my head sink into it and staying there.

Pool & grounds: Decent sized and well maintained concrete pool. "Noodles" supplied by motel. Warm and clean. Pool area could have used another table/umbrella or maybe just larger ones. I spent more time in the pool than normal because it was warm & inviting and the right size for the # of guests. Well watered & healthy hanging flower pots were everywhere. Somebody cared for them and it showed. Very good propane grill with sideburner allowed me to eat like a King. (I do not like to eat alone in restaurants). Parking, though clearly marked, was a little tight on Sat night. Overall a welcoming friendly feeling upon arrival that does not diminish during your stay.

Staff: By far...the best part of staying at the Lake Haven Motel!!! The front desk girls (Kate and Laurie) and my chambermaid (Gabriella...aka "Gabby") made this my favorite stay @ Lake George ever. No pretentious banter, just honest (almost self deprecating!!!) advice and help. I fed Laurie twice (Shrimp skewers and clams over rice and corn on the cob). She was kind and "kept it down". Kate was funny and "quirky"....but in a good way! I was happy to see her everyday. She also fixed the grill after I got frustrated and tried to start it for 15 minutes...she turned on the gas. I felt very at home here without being "over-helped" and smiled to death. Note to ownwer...You did a good job hiring them. I expect to see them when I return!!! Also to Gabriella-----Yaquiem!!!!!!!! (Thank You...in Slovakian)

Tips: Tony and Jacobs Meat market in Warrensburg has excellent steaks at a fair price. Three years I have used them (Porterhouse @ approx $10/lb) and have enjoyed steakhouse quality meat all while being served with a smile. The gentleman told me..."You are gonna' love this steak". He was not kidding. Lake George Bakery Company (43 Amhearst St) has fantastic Italian bread and rolls. "Brooklyn" good even. I am told the Italian pastries are great, but did not try them. The Cinnamon bread looked amazing and smelled great...next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo