“Decent breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I recently ate breakfast at Grandma's Back Porch and enjoyed our meal. The restaurant has a number of antiques creating an atmosphere of being at Grandma's. The female wait staff is dressed in skirts and aprons to foster the theme. Frankly, I felt bad for them needing to wear this type of old-fashioned style. It really didn't add to the restaurant.

Our server was great, friendly. The morning was beautiful and we were able to enjoy our meal on the from porch - or was it the back porch? Regardless, we could enjoy peeks of the lake.

I had French Toast with bacon. It was good, basic, nothing unique or special. My husband had scrambled eggs and biscuits. The eggs were fine. The biscuits were freshly made and tasty.

It is indeed a cash only establishment. Prices are moderate.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Food just like grandma used to make. Desserts are to die for. Staff is friendly and good. A definite return

1  Thank Elaine I
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Restaurant has a nice, homey atmosphere, and beautiful view from the outside deck. The food is yummy, and is obviously cooked fresh in house. We always visit Grandma's at least once while on vacation in Lake George every year. They also have delicious breakfast in the morning, if you're up early enough. Staff is always very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Food was always like homemade. It's a bit small in there, can get really hot in there if it's super hot outside (which would be unusual, but it has happened). Parking is a bit rough...steep so not so good for elderly people.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

grandma's serves up a lot of food to you, plus they also have their own little salad bar, plus a dessert table, which I really wish I could have made it that far because they sure looked good! Service was nice and they seem to really get busy. Good Deal!