“Nice place for breakfast or dinner”

Grandma's Back Porch Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a local restaurant that I have had breakfast and dinner. Food is good. Seems like you get more for your money during dinner than breakfast. Either way nice atmosphere and service. Recommended.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family along with 8 others went to this restaurant 3 days ago. It was recommended to me by a friend. The food was actually very tasty and homemade tasting. 4 out of the 8 adults ordered the roast turkey, fried chicken and ribs ( a special for that day). We all enjoyed our meals very much. The other 2 adults ordered the pork chops and meatloaf however they were not as pleased as we were with our meals. All entrees came with unlimited soup and salad from the salad bar. The soup was a very yummy homemade chicken soup (which we all had more than 1 bowl because it was so yummy). The salad bar consisted of your usually green salad with all the fixings, along with yummy homemade macaroni salad and coleslaw!

For dessert we had the chocolate cake (very yummy and not overly sweet), the pistachio cake (the best cake we tasted), peach cobbler (very yummy) and the strawberry cake ( yummy as well). They also have a whole slew of homemade pies that we didn't get to try.

The decor of the restaurant was just like going into a grandmas home. With picture frames everywhere and antique furniture. It was quaint and we had fabulous service. We will definitely return on our next visit to lake George.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Best breakfast sandwich I ever had. Great family restaurant. I highly recommend you stop here if you are in lake George

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I thought that this restaurant was very cute and cozy. It felt like it was a grandmother's house. The breakfast was just ok. I had scrambled eggs with a ham steak and Grandma's biscuits. The ham was one very thin slice of "ham steak", the eggs were good and fluffy but the biscuits were quite disappointing. They tasted like just flour and water. They just needed a little more flavor for my taste as I only put jam on them. I expected a real hearty breakfast and maybe that was the wrong place to go for it.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We go every year on our last day in Lake George. We sit on the porch and enjoy our view until the next year. Our waitress was sweet. Our food was so-so. The French toast has a thick egg coating it lifted off my bread in one big piece. Everyone else had the same reaction...it was "ok". we went early but there was a line when we left. See you next year...hope it's better....