“Honestly nothing special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop and try out Grandma's Back Porch for breakfast one morning during our mini-vacation last week in Lake George. While we were hoping for a great breakfast, the food was so-so, and the prices we felt were 'high'. Service was quick but even that was lackluster with my wife commenting how our waitress didn't smile a single time. While it wasn't bad it's not a place we'd recommend to our friends.

There are newer reviews for Grandma's Back Porch Restaurant

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food was uninspired and it was outrageously expensive. The "famous" homemade biscuits were incorrectly mixed and so the entire thing tasted of leavening agent. My husband and I make much better food without effort. My suggestion is to skip this place and head over to some other place. There are plenty to choose from.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to write home about. I couldof cooked better food at home and the waitresses long shirts made me think everyone was Amish

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were drawn to the marketing of their "home made" product. We had high expectations. It was a Friday night and it was crowded. The food was average, portions were large, but the service was slow. I would describe the place as a diner with a more limited menu with old fashion "grandma kitchen" decor.
Honey dipped fried chicken, Prime Rib, grilled chicken, and a burger were what our family ordered and consumed upon arriving our first night at the lake. Not sure that it's a MUST go to place, but served the purpose of dinner for our family.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Kids loved it and the owner definitely was present and made you fell welcome. But the food WOW was bad. Canned vegetables? Canned sauce? Soup was good but not made from a housemade stock. Meatloaf good but greasy. Real potatoes yes but for 18.00 come on. My grandmother wouldn't even of thought to do that. Also cash only is nice so you can forget how bad it was instead of the reminder in your statement that you have to pay for an awful meal. Step up your game chefs!