“Loved our screened porched overlooking the lake!”
Review of Lake Crest Inn

Lake Crest Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Lake George B&B and Inns
Falls Village, Connecticut
“Loved our screened porched overlooking the lake!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at Lake Crest a few days the week of July 22nd and had a great room overlooking the lake. I loved being able to sit outside in our private screened in porch & watch the lake & all the activities going on it. It was especially lovely when the full moon came over the mountain and sparkled the water right to our room. The room was large & comfortable, quiet and rustic yet clean. A nice change over a modern hotel. The staff was nice & helpful & I loved the swimming pool too.
We have stayed here several times in the past & have always liked it. It is especially attractive in the courtyard, with lots of shade and landscaping & very quiet. We really like being able to park our sports car under the carport, protecting it from the elements. Love the location near the Village so we can walk everywhere.
The only things I would suggest they do, is put clocks & coffee machines in the rooms, otherwise, we were happy with everything.

Room Tip: Pick a Lake Front room for the views! A nice place for couples!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New Windsor, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lake crest Inn, is a great place to stay in Lake George, The staff is very nice and accommodating,The grounds are beautiful,and well maintained,I have stayed there twice, and it is was great both times, It is very quiet and relaxing place,A very nice pool.and view of the Lake.you can walk right into the village,The rooms are clean.Somes rooms look right out to the lake.rooms have a nice porch or patio to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.I would definitely stay at Lake crest again,when I go to lake George.and I highly reccommend this place to all.It is good for familys, or couples. You could actually stay at the Inn all day and swim or relax on their beach,Then at night go into town for a nice dinner,The Inn also offers breakfast at their restaurant,which is very good.So again this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Lake Crest Inn! They were an accommodating and friendly staff. We certainly appreciated the location with beach access and how it was close to everything in town but just out of reach so it was quiet. We enjoyed breakfast in their cafe both mornings and the food was to die for, good prices too. I highly recommend if you want a place to stay that is quiet, serene, and you only have to walk a short distance in the morning to get the best coffee and a meal to start your day. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lake George is a beautiful town, and there's nothing like staying at an inn right in the center of town with lake front access! Lake Crest Inn is truly a great place to stay in Lake George, whether you're with family, friends, or a as a couple. Very accommodating atmosphere and you can tell it is well maintained and cared for. The service was top notch and the breakfast was delicious! Definitely grab breakfast before hitting the town or lake, the omelets are awesome to say the least.

Give this place a shot, I guarantee you won't be disappointed! My friends and I all had a blast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here for the past four years, and it's always a consistently amazing experience. The rooms are lovely, and the staff is extremely welcoming. They always remember my children when we walk in. The pool is clean and over looks the lake. And at night you can see the reflections of the beautiful adirondacks in the water. They have the best breakfast in town right upstairs. The waitstaff is friendly and the kitchen is quick. Thank you Lake Crest for always helping us create memories that will carry through for the rest of our lives!

• Stayed July 2013
East Setauket, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and i had a problem with cleanliness that ook a couple of pods to get corrected. My wife advised the front desk on two consecutive days that the tracks for the shower doors was caked with dirt and mold. On the third day she stopped the cleaning person to ask them to clean the tracks and was told that it would take bleach to effectively clean the track and my wife said well then use bleach. this finally got the tracks cleaned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jnewfield3
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

. In March of 2013 I contacted the Lake Crest Inn to inquire about handicap accessibility for an upcoming vacation in July. I was told that the room I was reserving (Room18) was located on the ground floor and did not have a step up to enter. At that time I told the manager that I used a motorized scooter for mobility issues and needed access to my hotel room. I was not made aware that the pool and the lake would be inaccessible to me. In all fairness since I did not specifically inquire that is not the basis of my complaint. My complaint centers upon being unfairly treated as a person with a disability. I was humiliated by both the Inn manager and owner, Derrick. I was approached on the fifth day of my week long stay on Thursday, July 18th by the Inn manager. She told me that there was a “problem with the sheets in my room”. When I inquired as to what she meant she told me that they had been stained and that they had been unable to clean them and had “thrown them out”. I explained to her that I had a disability, a rare genetic skin disease that caused wounds on my body. I asked what she wanted me to do and she told me that I “should have told them about this before I arrived”. I explained that I have a disability and am under no obligation to disclose the details to anyone. She asked what I do “at home” to clean the sheets. I informed her that a standard washing machine and laundry detergent cleaned my sheets. It was concerning to me that the standard procedures for laundering linens at this Inn could not do the same. She told me that “maybe I should have brought my own sheets from home”. I replied that in an effort to be considerate I had brought a sheet from home and had used it to cover the linen each night as well as sleeping on my own pillow. At this point having felt completely humiliated and treated without compassion or respect I got very upset and returned to my room. I spoke with my husband and decided to leave the Inn and go home immediately. My husband and I went to the office to speak with the manager and asked for a refund for our stay. We were told that refunds were not issued. My husband asked to speak to the owner Derrick and was told that he was not available. He then asked for a refund for the two nights stay that we would not be using as a result of leaving early. The manager told him that refunds were not given. The owner arrived and was very rude. When I asked for his name and complete address he told me he would not give it to me and I should give him mine, which since I was a registered guest at his Inn was a ridiculous request. We told him that he ruined our vacation by humiliating me and discriminating against my disability and he replied that he did not “ruin our vacation and that I destroyed his property”. We inquired as to how stained sheets constituted “detstruction of property” to which he had no reply. We asked how my disability posed any different outcome than a guest getting a nosebleed or getting their menstrual cycle and were told that that happened “once in a lifetime”. Upon more discussion the owner agreed to refund us for two nights of our one week stay.
I cannot begin to express to you how humiliating and upsetting this experience was for me. I have dealt with ignorance of my disability all my life. I have vacationed in many hotels, resorts and Cruise ships and have never been confronted by staff, much less in such an uncompassionate manor. I am entitled to be treated with respect and compassion despite any obstacles that my disability may pose for an establishment. I feel that I should have been accommodated with care and kindness. My confidence for being treated fairly when traveling has been crushed. I still get upset when I think of how I was treated.
I feel that it is my obligation to ensure that this establishment does not subject anyone else to the same humiliation and discrimination. I also find it inconceivable that any business open to the public is allowed to operate without appropriate accommodations for those with disabilities. Our country has laws designed to protect Americans with Disabilities that are clearly not being enforced. This Inn, based on the year that it was first built, has clearly taken advantage of loopholes in the laws allowing them to not upgrade. Shame on your behavior Lake Crest Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Donna M
LakeCrestInn, Front Office Manager at Lake Crest Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I am writing to respond to the above referenced complaint and to provide our side of the story.  I have been in the hospitality profession for 10 years and was shocked by the irresponsible behavior of complainant Ms. Donna M.

Donna M. and her family arrived on July 13, 2013 and were given a ground floor room.  During the next five days, the housekeeping staff found blood stains on the bed sheets when doing their routine room cleaning rounds. They were concerned about the source of the blood and used gloves to change these sheets. Each day they replaced the sheets, bagged the blood stained linens (including bottom sheets, top sheets, pillow cases, blankets, and towels) and discarded them, in order to avoid mixing other hotel linens with these blood stained sheets.  On the fifth day, when the blood staining continued, the front office manager, went to discuss this matter with the guest.   She was hoping to find a way to facilitate the guest's needs in a reasonable manner. Donna M., however, was not interested in resolving the matter.  She seemed to have no interest in discussing the matter or addressing the hotel's concerns about the blood.
At this point for the first time during her stay, she informed the the front office manager about her skin disease. It seems Donna expected the hotel to take care of the blood stained sheets, blankets, and towels, without questioning the guest.  Our very manager,  wanted to find a way to help Donna, and offered to have the mattress covered with a protective cover and to bring more towels if necessary to protect the bed. Donna however felt offended by this inquiry from the hotel into her skin condition.  Blood stains are taken very seriously and dealing with blood stained matter is regulated as a work place hazard.  According to New York State's Capital Region BOCES " Bloodborne pathogens are pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens include, but are not limited to, hepatitis B virus (HBv), hepatitis C virus (HCv) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIv)."
It is imperative that our employees note and act upon any unusual occurrences on our premises in order to protect the welfare of all our guests.  Blood in a hotel room or blood stained sheets are very alarming.  Donna should have anticipated such a reaction and discussed her needs, in private, with the hotel staff or management upon arrival.  It was unreasonable for her to expect that our hotel staff would handle bloody linens for days on end, without asking questions.  Our employees might have been exposed to potentially infectious blood borne pathogens or other serious health issues.  Common courtesy requires of anyone who suspects that their condition might cause blood to stain hotel sheets or property must address the condition with the hotel and take appropriate precautions.

Donna did not seem bothered by anything at Lake Crest Inn during the first five days of her stay; only when the hotel manager approached her to ask questions about blood stained sheets, did she decide that the hotel was not to her liking and asked for a refund.

In her complaint she claims the hotel staff were not compassionate about her condition.  However, we claim Donna had no compassion or concern for the hard work and safety of hotel employees or other hotel guests.  She needed to discuss with hotel management what her needs were and she failed to do that.  She gave no notice of her condition, which had an impact on others. The source of blood on hotel sheets needed to be explained.  Blood stained sheets and towels needed to be handled appropriately to avoid contamination with the sheets and towels of other hotel guests.  By not informing the hotel about her condition, by leaving bloody sheets and towels without giving advance warning, and then complaining and demanding a refund, indicates Donna is using her condition to manipulate the situation to her benefit without regard for the welfare of others.

In the end, Lake Crest Inn dealt compassionately with Donna by refunding her for the days she did not stay at the hotel. Lake Crest Inn has a clearly stated policy of "no refunds for early departures".  However, to accommodate her, Lake Crest Inn made an exception and refunded Donna despite her early departure.  The hotel lost money because Donna did not take reasonable steps to prevent the incident.  Lake Crest Inn incurred a loss of income from the room and incurred the expense of replacing sets of bedsheets, pillows, towels, and blankets.  Donna further subjected hotel housekeeping staff to emotional distress as the ladies had a duty to do their job, but were understandably scared about exposure to blood or other potentially infectious, blood borne pathogens.