“Will keep going back!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Alpine Village Resort
Ranked #50 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
NJ
“Will keep going back!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This was are 2nd time we stayed here and plan on going back every year now. I found Alpine Village on the internet last year. I read all the reviews and can only agree with the ones that are good.
The log cabins are rustic, the rooms were clean both times we stayed and the real fireplaces are a bonus.The main lodge has a resturant and the food is quite good. The resturant does close in late October a week or two before the owners close up for the season.
The views from the cabins are great. A great place to sit in the morning and late afternoon and watch the sun come up and go down. The beach is clean and there is a boat dock that you can walk onto and take in the lake and the view of the mountains which by the way is breathe taking.
Ernie the owner is very nice and has been very helpful whenever we had a question on where to go and what to do. He knows Lk George like the back of his hand and his recommendations have always been right on.
Alpine Village is great place to stay and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Went to Alpine Village in July of '09, nothing fancy, nice. The pool was NEVER open! Owners "seemd" alright. We we're going to go back in October, but called to get room Rates and off season rates occording to them are $79 or $89 whichever they feal like charging you a night. The rates on the internet say $59 a night. And when we we're their IN season they we're $79 a night. Will never go back Earnie And LIllian are not very nice people. They change their prices whenever they feel like it, they are very rude and they shouldn't be running a buisness. Both had screamd at me on the phone when i calld to reserve rooms and lillian went as far as to hang up on me not once, but 5 times and then had the nerve to tell Earnie that i was very rude to her on the phone. They belong in a nursing home not running a buisness because they have no idea whats going on. Both are incapeable!!! For people to comment about lillian as much as they do they will soon find out that Earnie is just as bad. Oh and as far as their excellent breakfast goes... the Cook Quit so their will be no more breakfast. Don't know how the cook could work for those two anyway. Don't know how anybody works for those two. They probably get paid different every week, because lillian don't remember the pay rate. It would be a very nice place if new owners would take over. Because if it wasn't for the owners i would deffinitely love to go back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank foxchick09

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Toms River NJ
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We went last minute looking for a motel. We wanted rustic as it was my guys first time to the adirondacks and he is from florida. We stopped at several motels and we came back to the Alpine. The price was great since it was pre-season. It was clean, the bath recently remodeled and a great view of the lake. The owner ( an older gentleman) was very friendly and helpful. We bought firewood, lit a fire in the stone fireplace, we had a fridge and a great view of the lake. It was a great place for the weekend and I love the memories. I will say our room was clean but the cabin we looked at next door did smell of cat urine or something.. so i can see how someone could be disappointed with that. Our room was great!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We made reservations at the last moment, after booking the room I saw the reviews on this sight and was hesitant. I am so glad I did n't cancel at this property purely based on the reviews left here. We stayed in half a unit and I have absolutely NO complaints! I had two interactions with Lillian, both pleasant. Check in was quick and easy, our room was very clean. Clean sheets, towels, tub, toilet, floor, etc.
The pool was extremly clean, and not overcrowded. The beach was clean and offered a great view of the Thursday evening fireworks.
We ate in the restaurant, and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.
This property is close to town and offers breath taking views of the lake for the price. As I told the owner, we will be back.

Astoria, NY
Reviewed August 25, 2009

It was very dirty, there was mold in the bathroom which smelled like a urinal, and a hole in the screen door was lazily plugged with paper. The floors looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in 20 years and the furniture had layers of dust. For anyone who says this place is clean I dare them to take a glance underneath the bed in their room or look out the window which looks like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, each person in our group complained about the state of their mattress--6 beds, not one of them was comfortable.

When we reserved the room they also did not mention that the rooms were railroad style. So we had to walk through the other bedroom to use the bathroom.

Additionally, they would only take cash or personal check, but then display the visa and mastercard logos on their office door. And they require a credit card to hold the room---but you can't pay for the room on the card. The cheapness of the owners continued when we asked if they had a couple packets of sugar and said "we could buy them in town." There is a restaurant on premises AND we stated that we forgot to pick up some sugar. The dish soap in the kitchen was watered down and the stove wasn't working when we arrived but, to their credit, they did get it working once we complained.

I think if they hired a few more housekeepers this place could be great. Check out is at 11 and check in is at 3, in those four hours the room should be thoroughly cleaned and everything should be checked to make sure its working properly--but this obviously doesn't happen. They should also invest in some new mattresses.

The one upside is that the grounds are beautiful and there is a great view to watch the Thursday night fireworks. So if you aren't planning on spending alot of time in your room and you don't mind dust, mold and a greasy, unclean kitchen--this might be the place for you.

Oh! And there are no pets allowed, which was great for our group b/c many of us have allergies but when we arrived there was a dog and cat in the main lodge. I also found dog hairs on the carpet in our room.

1 Thank danielle1028
New York
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I arrived and the room I had reserved and had paid for was given away.
The owner lied, was hostile, and would not admit mistake.
Instead of trying to correct it in a nice way she was really rude.
Eventually I was given another room, but not lakefront as I had reserved.
Then, a day before my prepaid stay was over, her henpecked husband
barged into the room, while we were dressing, without even knocking,
demanding we leave as he thought we were suppose to be out.
He was mistaken and hadn't even checked befor entering,
in addition to being extemely rude.
The woman owner was vain ( for an Old ---) and nasty, and not at all
sorry for ruining our vacation. I was very specific about wanting
a lakefront cabin in my reservation, and had driven a long way.
Also, the beach was dirty as was the pool, so swimming wasn't an option.
These people should understand that vacations are something people
look forward to, go to great expense for, and should be treated
as the patrons that they are. If they're tired of their work, then stop doing it.

3 Thank riverratpm
NYC
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Thought that the negative comments were exaggerations but they were spot on !Dirty towels, linens and rude owner (lilian ) told me one price and cabin on the phone only to find that I was over charged and my cabin was given away to a returning guest. Shame on you !!! We won't be back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family