Alpine Village Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lake George
See available hotels
Courtyard Lake George(Lake George)
View Hotel
Park Lane Motel(Lake George)
Lido Motel(Lake George)
Lake Motel(Lake George)
Admiral Motel(Lake George)
View Hotel
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main lodgethe entire resortfamily get togetherweek stayboat docknice familydecent sizelake george areaerniecabinrowseasonlglakeside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of business ownership. We found the Alpine resort to be not only very accomodating, but also clean and neat. Though it is rustic, it is very well kept and very well maintained, every light bulb was lit ,The owners and staff were wonderful to be around. In our opinion one of the adirondacks best kept secrets. Can,t wait to book for the next relaxing retreat. The in house breakfast is an added bonus for a price that can,t be beat.

T&J Church Wynantskill N.Y.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tracy c
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at this Alpine Village this summer for a second week in July 2013.
The pros are as follows:
1) There is a breakfast restaurant there and a good view of the lake from the deck.
2) It is on lake george in good vicinity to the village
3) Towels changed daily
Cons:
1) While the resort states that they accept credit cards, they only take $100 in credit card payment, and the rest you must settle in cash or travelers check.
2) The rooms are dirty. The bathroom ceiling and plaster walls were sticky from old dirt.
3) The old air conditioners in the rooms are super noisy, it is like sleeping next to the old gas lawn mower.
4) There are no gas grills, there exactly 2 bbq stations which are coals only, and tend to get fully booked each evening.
5) The lake beach is so ingrown with weeds, that it renders it practically unswimmable.
6) The owners are rude and rather uncaring, but that is my subjective opinion. Surely, people differ.

Mainly, this resort did not do its job keeping the grounds. My kids could not swim there, because of the water weed problem and that spoiled the whole vacation. The grounds are large. I would definetely caution against staying there any other family whose main priority is lake/beach vacation.
But hey, I hear their pancakes are good, so if you don't care about the lake - breakfast is served daily.

Room Tip: The rooms in efficiences are closer to the lake, though none have a good view of it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank NYC_Travel_Lite
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a very special place tucked away on the beautiful Lake George. The owners obviously take pride in their resort and go out of their way to accommodate your every need while you are on vacation there. There is great variety in lodging, from a lodge room to small cabins, to larger housekeeping cabins. I have been here twice and will be back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a small cabin when I went with my pre-teen son and his friend and I stayed in a lodge room with my husband. The kids loved the pools and swimming at the little beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank trips2do
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time rooms were clean and we had fresh towel everyday ! It you like plush troweled I would recommend you than your the breakfast is ok d
For the most part and very reasonable! We will for sure Jo back next year!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Fernanda M
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a dump. Place smells musty. Beds are uncomfortable and small. I'm 5'11" and my feet were hanging off the end. Pool is very small. Lake view is nice but you can get that from the hotel next door which had so much more happening. We winded up going to a different hotel and leaving a day early. It's funny they have a sign that says no refund for early departure, probably because many people leave as soon as they get there. If the person in the next room decides to take an early morning or late night shower the walls shake and vibrate when water is running. Rooms are small and old. Owners are very old school and a bit rude. If your going with family find a different hotel pay a little more and be more comfortable. Parking lot is extremely small. As far as good things go breakfast was nice and reasonably priced. I say AVOID this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family