“Been a regular for many years, but sadly I won't be back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Brookside Motel

Brookside Motel
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
“Been a regular for many years, but sadly I won't be back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We made our annual reservations at the Brookside this year and were surprised to see it under new ownership. Our check in was thorough and speedy. The new owner was very nice and helpful. Upon check in, our room seemed very neat and tidy. The bathroom was clean and smelled good. Well, let me say that it went downhill from there. With each passing day, our room definitely showed a lack of effort in the daily cleaning . I could write my name in the dust on top of most surfaces and the high areas had more cobwebs than Dr Morbid's Haunted House in LG village! We also had to deal with a large party that were constantly rowdy through the late hours of the evening (1am). I believe these issues would have never been tolerated by the former owners and I fear this will only get worse as time goes on. On the positive side, the grounds are very well kept, pool is super clean and the owner seems like he is a very nice guy. I would suggest he evaluate his cleaning staff and get a handle on unruly guests or his "no vacancy" sign will be rarely lit!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Historynut1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Haskell, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a nice, clean, well kept roadside motel with a sparkling pool, nice rooms and friendly staff. The brook is a nice backdrop and a good place to enjoy the free morning coffee. Nice price for the height of the season as well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have small windows that face the brook for a peaceful effect.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank David B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

First off the hospitality and service was great from moment we arrived. The rooms we're very comfortable. We were right by the pool which was awesome. Had a blast hanging in the pool with the other guests, very friendly people there. It's in a nice and quiet area and just a 5 minute drive from the town where we spent our days hanging by the lake and taking in all that the town has to offer. Last but not least the Brook that runs through the motel was beautiful. Me and wife would hang out there checking out the ducks and little fishes that would pop by from time to time. We will be making this a annual tradition and I've already told all my friends about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Daniel A
Pine Plains, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to Lake George for a much needed break. I usually stay at a place on the lake but when I read the great reviews I wanted to check it out. It is such a great place to be. The new owners are so nice! The motel rooms are very clean n just what you need. They also have cabins that I would love to stay in next time. The best surprise is the brook that runs the length of the property. It is so soothing and relaxing!! Picnic tables n grills too. I know I will stay there again if I get a break again. 4 stars from me. Kathi R.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kathi R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The weather was a little less than ideal but we still had a great time using the BBQ grill and spending time with the family this Memorial Day Weekend. The motel is in good shape and rooms are very clean and spacious. We would recommend this motel and we will surely come back to stay here again. This motel is a very good value for the location and the rooms that are offered.

Room Tip: The 2 double bed rooms are spacious and clean. Very good value.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jack A
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Returning for our last weekend at the Brookside Motel. Motel offers a pleasant staff who take special care of the property. It is a family owned motel and they are always available for your needs. It has a small kitchen so that you can warm up left overs or cook your own meals on the grills. Area is surrounded with great family restaurants or romantic ones for special occasions. Entertainment is close by as you are just past Lake George Village. If you have a chance take advantage of the special motel and everything it has to offer.

Room Tip: Room sizes fit well with the amount people traveling together.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Earlene F
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a little cabin in the back, very quiet, clean, hot water. No kitchen stuff (but we weren't looking for it). Very helpful manager. It's about a 10 minute walk to the center of Lake George, where the restaurants are. Very easy to recommend this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple