“Perfect motel for a young family!”
Review of Lyn Aire Motel

Lyn Aire Motel
Ranked #32 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I picked the Lyn Aire based on reviews on Trip Advisor.com and wasn't disappointed. I hadn't been to Lake George before. I went with my husband and two small girls ages 4 and 6 and my in-laws had an adjoining room. The motel is 5 minutes out of the main drag of town (perfect - not too chaotic and away from the tangled motel jungle on the lake strip) and you park in front of your room. There was a playground in front of our room so the girls could play while we sat on the little porch and relaxed/watched. The girls liked the pool, which is small but has a slide and is perfect for children. The daily continental breakfast was nice. The owner was friendly and I felt that the motel was well run. This motel isn't fancy but it met our needs in every way. A block from this motel is the Magic Forest, a cute amusement park for small children which is outdated but fabulous. We had a blast there. We had a great holiday and I would happily return to this motel. I would highly recommend it for families. They made our stay easy. Loved Lake George.

3  Thank wendaroolie

Reviewed August 29, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights and we had a wonderful time. Room and premises were very clean. Only negative was my pillowcase was dirty. Location is in between the outlets and the village. Would definitely recommend and would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is the first hotel in Lake George that I have left unhappy with my stay. The noise from the road made it difficuilt to sleep. I could hear the room next door all night with the children screaming and parents yelling. The toilet clogged after the first use and we had to use the towels for the floor. They accused us of taking the towels and charging us for the same towels left on the floor. They said they saw the towels but these were not the same ones. I will never take my children again to this location.

4  Thank Joeblow123
Reviewed August 18, 2010

my husband, and our 5 year old daughter decided to take a mini vacation and traveled to lake george without a reservation. we decided not to do one of the chains and we stumbled on the lyn aire. we are so glad we did. the grounds were spotless, pool wonderful and rooms very clean. it was great. we will definitely stay again. also the price is right. highly recommend. the owner and family were very nice and always kind and helpful.

2  Thank themurphyfamily2001
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I spent my wedding at the Lyne Aire! My whole family and wedding guests stayed at the Lyne Aire this past July. John and his family were amazing!!!!! They made us feel like family, they shared in our excitement about our wedding. Our whole family will continue to stay at the Lyne Aire for years to come. Great motel for bbq and outdoor area, the rooms are great and clean! Anything we needed they were more than happy to help. Thank you to the Lyne Aire for helping make my wedding the most memorable day ever! Your motel will be my second home for many years! Thank you!!!! Christina DeFeo Dickinson

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CDickinson2010
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We booked a room at this hotel based on good reviews on TripAdvisor. The pictures that were posted by a previous user look exactly like our own room - which was newly renovated, clean, and quite comfortable for a family of 5. (We have two teenagers, and a young son who slept with us). The hotel is set between the outlets area and Lake George Village, which is about two miles down the road. We didn't hear much road noise even though our room in the main building was pretty close to the road. The kids liked the pool, hot tub, and arcade area with "air" hockey and a ping pong table. My son also loved to shoot baskets with some of the other kids at the hotel, and there was a large play-set in the back. Every morning there was a continental breakfast (bagels, toast, donuts, coffee cake, etc. )and a free paper in the office. The grounds are very well-kept. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave which was also convenient. There is no coffeemaker in the room since ample coffee is served in the office in the morning. Two minor complaints- I much would have preferred to have an alarm clock in the room, rather than the air purifier. Also, note that you have to ask for shampoo/conditioner at the front desk because it is not automatically placed in the bathroom by the maid service - we thought this seemed a bit on the "cheap" side - but maybe this is standard for hotels like these in Lake George. The bathrooms do have hairdryers.

2  Thank PDDNOSMom
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I took a chance and travelled to Lake George without reservations. We were tired of the "same old" hotel chains and decided to try something different. We were pleasantly surprised with the Lyn Aire. The room was large, very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were spotless and the pool very clean. We will return on our next visit to Lake George. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple