“Clean, Clean. Clean!!!!”

Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Clean, Clean. Clean!!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Lake George and checked at least 3 other hotels before find this one. We were very surprised to find such a clean place; hotel/rooms are small but confortable; staff were very friendly. Beautifull flower boxes decorating the building! I can recomend this hotel to couples and small families; very good located; just walk and enjoy the gorgeus town!

Room Tip: room #40 has a private balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RMerck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Trainer,Pa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I just spent three nights here and we were very happy the accomadations. our rooms was clean and quite comfortable and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. We picked this property based on reviews here and must say it was right on target. when we checked in on Thursday the woman at the desk let us know that by the weekend they expected a full house so stake out our parking spot early. That was the one drawback. Parking is tight. We did all our exploring out of town early and once we parked the car on Friday we did not move until we left Sunday. We had a blast and had we discovered the kayaks earlier we would have taken advantage on them. We were here during Oktoberfest and everthing was an easy walk downtown. Had a great time and would stay again. Since this is a small hotel you do hear some noise from other rooms but not enough that it kept us awake or bothered us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my wife and two boys. We like to visit Lake George every year for a "mini" vacation late in the summer and have stayed in numerous hotels in the area. From now on we will be staying here. For a reasonable price you get a very clean room and great location only steps away from downtown. We also took advantage of the kayaks that the hotel offers free to its guests, as well as the gas grill and picnic benches overlooking the lake (also free to use). Finally, the owner and staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. Looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnnyL67
Fishkill, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and three of my grandchildren, and this place is wonderful! The decor is very rustic, just the way I had hoped it would be! The room was very clean, looked recently renovated and updated, and the whole outside of the buildings was covered with flower boxes spilling over with gorgeous flowers! The management was very accommodating to give us a needed air mattress, and extra towels. The pool was large and lovely, overlooking Lake George. There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the main office at all times. Everything was in walking distance from here. There were fireworks on the lake one evening, and management brought in an Ice Cream Truck for all of the guests to have a complimentary treat! Nothing bad to say about this motel........go here! :)

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, they are very accommodating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hello fellow advisers,

I went to Lake George on a motorcycle ride this last weekend. The Adirondacks are worth a visit at this time of the year, it is less crowded and simply lovely.
There is plenty of choice in Lake George if you are looking for a hotel/motel room. I chose this motel obviously because of the good pricing and the high ranking on our beloved TripAdvisor.
Most if not all that you will read about the motel is true.
It is located in the village
It is between main street and the lake
My room was super clean albeit somewhat dated ( it is a motel in an old tourist spot)
Staff was very friendly

Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend it to others. As a constructive criticism, here are some food for thoughts:
Room is small
Bathroom was extremely tight. I could barely sit on the toilet and I am not THAT large.
As an older building, the sound proofing is quite weak. I had lousy neighbours who talked loud until after 1am. That made my night of sleep below average. It's part of the game some would say and I must agree.

Finally, judging by what I could observe from the street, most if not all other motels and hotels are in a similar condition age-wise. It is a summer spot after all.

With all that in mind, one could appreciate the fair price and cleanliness of the Lake Motel.

But you be the judge of that!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Mister_Simple_Truth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Perfect location, bargain price, clean, new HD TV, friendly staff, I was travelling thru on my motorcycle and can see why it 'a rated so high, not the Ritz but everything a mom & pop motel can be and more.

• Stayed September 2013
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We chose this motel to be within walking distance of downtown Lake George.The room was clean and the bed comfortable.We were on the end with windows overlooking the pool and lake.It was fine because it was chilly so no one was swimming so there wasn't a noise issue.Since there is no smoking in the rooms ,guests are encouraged to smoke down by the lake or by the pool.That includes a table right under our window. If people were sitting below our window talking and smoking we would have left the hotel.So I would suggest to the hotel to remove the smoking from the pool area for the comfort of all of the non-smoking guests.So if you stay in the warmer months and noise is an issue I would not stay near the pool.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool if noise and smoking bother you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple