“decent motel, excellent poolside view”
Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in July, the room was decent and clean, however the bathroom vanity was small and inconveniently located behind a door, there was only 3 small drawers for storage and only 3 hangers. The beds were a little hard. The parking is very tight but there is always a space.
The upsides to this place are the location,( walking distance to beaches, parks, main street, attractions,boutiques and arcades and some really decent little places to eat) Thursday nights there are fireworks over the lake and the view is fantastic from the hotel. The best part of this hotel is the view of the lake and mountains from the pool. You also have a deck on the lake where you can access the water and feed the ducks. There are balconies at the end of every level with tables and chairs where you can eat your meals and have a wonderful view of the lake.

1  Thank jjw028

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The village of Lake George is vey touristy and peppered with cheesy motels and not-so-great restaurants. I would recommend driving 10 min up the western side of the lake to Bolten for hotels and restaurants. We stayed at the Lake Motel and the people were super nice there and the rooms were neat and clean. Bathrooms also looked like they may have been recently redone, which is nice. However, the price was a little high for what it is. $140 for a "lake view" when you are really looking out onto a driveway and other building and staying in a true motel.

Room Tip: It is a two-level motel, so I would ask for a room on the upper level so that you don't have the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WBD33
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Well like I said last year I went back again and believe it or not it was even better. Steve and his wife are no longer just owners of this beautiful motel they are now my friends. Well I felt like that last year. Shannon who comes on in the afternoon is like a search engine. Ask a question you get an answer. Where to eat, where to shop and she also knows all the discounts. My husband and I went up for out 20th anniversary this year and Steve, Paul, (the captain of the boat) knew we were going to redo our vows. (Lake Motel has its own boat for island excursions). Better than the 1st wedding. . We took the excursion to our own private island and spent the day there after the captain re-married us. What a beautiful experience. On Thursday when Lake George usually has fireworks it was raining, Steve stayed on the radio to give updates like every 15 minutes while his wife Georgina gave out tickets for the ice cream truck in the rain no less. Fire works went off and it was great. Right from the deck of our hotel was the best seat and free while others places like restaurants charge you. Would I go again?You bet. I'm thinking of Sept. for the changing of the leaves and picking apples.It is still beautiful that time of year. Met a lot of great people we became friends with, The lake was extremely inviting and the ducks let us share the lake with them. Room was great and clean. My husband and I felt very safe leaving door open while on lake or in the heated pool. You can't beat the rates, especially when you book on Canada Street. The staff couldn"t do enough for you. I started to feel guilty lol. Hey I was on vacation. If anyone has a complaint with this place I would love them to contact me. Maybe they were new to Lake Geroge. I have been going to Lake Geroge for the past 23 years. Stayed at a lot of places but I have to tell you, Lake Motel is the place to go when you want clean rooms, have fun and relax at the same time. The friendly staff and owners who take time to greet and know their guests plus great pricesOh! Cant forget Edry, morning receptionist. Always has a hot pot of coffee for you. Not done, give her a second and wait. Coffee, better than Dunkin Donuts. Do I love this place? You bet I do. Anywhere else just won't feel like home.

Room Tip: Four people, parents and kids take 15A. Private room. Love birds ask Shannon. She's the one to h...
1  Thank starrbleu
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is our second stay here and we'd go again! The rooms are clean and the staff is awesome and the rates so reasonable! It was such a relaxing stay!! You have the option of a pool with lots of chairs or a lower deck on the lake which is quiet and so enjoyable. The lake is clean and shallow allowing you to go in for a swim if you wish. The hotel provides bbq's in the event that their guests wish to cook their own meals. The motel is within walking distance to all of the town's attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is our third stay at the Lake Motel and I already cant wait to go back. The staff is very attentive to their guests and most of all, I love the cleanliness of the facilities. I felt very safe and comfortable in my room. I highly recommend anyone visiting Lake George to stay here. The rates are also great. Thank you for yet another great trip by the Lake.

Hisan Deen

Room Tip: any room you stay in will accomodate your needs.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently took our 3 children away for a long weekend. We wanted to stay in a clean, safe enviornment where we would only be sleeping and showering. We did not want to be entertained at the motel when there are so many activities in Lake George, many of them walking distance of the Motel and we found exactly what we were looking for. I also found the staff to be kind and friendly. Immediately, I was happy with Edrie who took my reservation weeks before and was there to greet me after my long car ride. While I was there Shannon who worked the opposite shift became a friend. She went out of her way to make me at home. I won't say it's the fanciest place you can go, however, its like staying with family who made all the events and needs of my family a "piece of cake". I have already recommended it to my friends.... Thank you Shannon and Edrie.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I were very disappointed with the advertisement of a Lake View...it was a joke. I wish I could download the pictures I took for viewers to see our 'lake view'. The view from our room window was the wall of the building next door - approx. 30 feet from our room. In order to see the lake from our room (#36 - see map on web site) we had to walk out on the balcony and turn our heads to the far left (as would anyone else in any of the rooms except the end units) in order to see even a small portion of the lake. The lake was not visible from our room and we both felt that the advertisement of such was misleading. Also - there is no private beach. We were told there was 'lake access' which again was misleading as you have to leave the pool area, go out onto a dock for the boats and jump into the lake from there. Not easy and no exactly what I think is fair to call 'lake access' from the hotel.

We also did not have a phone in our room which I felt was very dangerous in the event of an emergency. I'm certain this is a violation of local and NYS fire code. Although almost everyone carries a cell phone these days, only a land line can identify your location in the event you can't provide it, which in an emergency situation is entirely possible; (not to mention the inconvenience of communicating with the staff). We mentioned this to staff after we arrived in our room, and although they acknowledge the phone in that room was not working and would not be fixed until the next day - they did not feel it was an issue.

In all fairness I would have to say the room was very clean and staff was friendly. Although I wouldn't stay here again (as almost every other motel on the main strip has a better view and a private beach), it was centrally located. Also - staff kindly provided us with a $50 gift certificate to Mario's restaurant for our inconvenience. Mario's was wonderful and we highly recommend dinner there if you're in Lake George.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here...book way ahead of time to get one of the few rooms with a 're...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAMHyde
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

The complete satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance to all of us at the Lake Motel and we’re truly disappointed to hear someone is unsatisfied in any way.

We go to great lengths to represent our property as completely and accurately as possible, both in conversations with prospective guests as well as on our website by including multiple current pictures of each and every room, posting a myriad of additional views of our property, as well as a full length video showing our property from every possible vantage point.

In addition, the detailed property map on our website clearly shows the orientation of our property with the lake. While there are lake views from the balcony outside all of the rooms in the lake building, we make clear to all inquiring guests that there is not a lake view from inside the rooms other than lake front rooms. This is not at all unusual for many of the motels along the lake.

We continue to hear from hundreds of satisfied guests every year that the views from our lake front balconies that are readily accessible to all guests, from our heated elevated lake front pool and from our walkway directly on the lake are the best of any motel in Lake George.

The management at the Lake Motel takes all maintenance issues quite seriously, including the interruption of phone service. We had an experienced technician on site within 24 hours to address the problem. We appreciate the kind words about our commitment to courtesy and cleanliness as well as our efforts to resolve any inconvenience to our guests.