“Just left and going back in August. Loved it!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
East Meadow, New York
“Just left and going back in August. Loved it!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I can't say enough about this motel. My husband and I have been going to Lake George every year for the past 20 years. We have stayed at resorts on Lake Shore Dr, Bolton Landing and Diamond Point. This was the first time my husband and I traveled by ourselves (no kids) for our anniversary. The staff was the friendliest we have encountered for the first time. They could not do enough to make sure our stay was an unforgettable one. The front desk staff was so helpful with anything we needed. Steve the owner was an absolute doll and went above and beyond the demands of an owner to make our stay incredible. As far as the parking goes, I guess living on Long Island and driving to the city everyday didn't phase us in the least. I saw a 4x4 drive out with no problems at all. The room was so clean I didn't even have to spray anything. I always do that when I stay away from home. To sit on the deck for the fireworks night was like sitting in the water. Best seat in the house. We just got back and I am looking forward to going back at the end of August. I already made my reservation for next year. When I told my sister about the motel, she and her friend are going up in August as well. All I can say is "Thank you" to all the staff at Lake Motel for making this trip the best of my life. It is my own personal paradise. See you soon.

1 Thank starrbleu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have been vacationing in Lake George forever and never had stayed at the Lake Motel. The Lake Motel was on the less expensive side of the hotels on Canada Street; however you definitely got what you paid for. Upon arrival we immediately pulled the comforter back from the bed since its cleanliness was definitely in question (one of those places you keep your sandals on in the room). We decided to go sit at the (small) pool and apparently there was an issue with kids rough housing a bit too much. Steve came down to speak with the family who’s child got injured and we were amazed at how little concern there was; barley acknowledging the family directly. He then proceeded to address the entire pool claiming the next person to jump in the water; the whole family would leave the motel (is that really the best way to handle the situation?). We had enough of the pool scene and needless to say did not return for the remainder of the trip. Showering was a game as the water went ridiculously hot to freezing cold in a matter of seconds. As we were getting ready to leave the motel room for the night, the power went out. We finished getting ready in the dark and left contemplating if we should leave for good or not.

Needless to say, we will never stay there again- if you’re going to be in the area, spend the extra cost per night and stay at Marine Village with the large beach (this place had none), even Lake Crest, Sundowner, Park Lane or Fort William Henry (we’ve stayed at all of these). I was very surprised to see all of the highly rated reviews for this motel online.

5 Thank daisy416
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and we make every effort to ensure our guests' experiences are not diminished by the actions of a few. It is unfortunate, but sometimes necessary, that we must reinforce our pool rules for the safety and enjoyment of everyone. We are confident we did exactly that, and in a manner that was completely appropriate.

Regarding the cleanliness of our property, and our rooms in particular, we stand by our assertion that visitors will not find a cleaner room in Lake George. We back that claim with current pictures of every room posted on our website, and encourage each guest to inspect their room prior to check in to ensure it meets their satisfaction.

It is regrettable that during this guest’s stay we did lose power on the property for a brief period of time due to circumstances which were beyond our control. In an effort to minimize any inconvenience we had representatives from the local power company, as well as licensed electricians on site as soon as possible, and the situation was rectified with minimal disruption. We once again extend sincere apologies to anyone who was affected.

We have enjoyed hosting thousands of satisfied guests and believe the many positive reviews we’ve received accurately reflect the feelings of the vast majority of visitors to the Lake Motel.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Our stay was very nice. Staff were very friendly and rooms were comfortable and clean. Great view of Lake George and the mountains. If you are staying in one of the suites over looking the lake, use one of the bathroom towels to knock down the spider webs and spiders before getting comfortable on the deck. (We stayed in one of the end suites (RM.40) over looking Lake George.)

The only other down fall was the motels parking. A small number of level parking spaces when you first come in off the street but the majority of the parking was on a steep graded slope along the the neighboring hotels metal privacy fence. It was a strain for my six cylinder 2007 Chevy Impala to jockey into a parking space and very difficult to back out. I had to back up the steep grade back to the street to get out as their was no place to turn around in the parking lot. . I was able to find a normal parking space and left my car their the rest of our stay so I would not loose it.

1 Thank wrr50w
Salem NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at the Lake Motel this past week (2 adults, 2 teenagers) and we had a great experience at Lake George. This Motel is right on the lake. We all had a great time at the heated outdoor pool which overlooks the lake and offers great views of the fireworks, night sky and of the lake itself. Very relaxing. The Island Getaway package they offer is a great way to experience the lake and islands to its fullest. They will drop you off at an island where you can enjoy the day swimming and picnicing and catching the sun and will pick you up whenever you would like. Very calming. Captain John was very very nice. In my eyes, much better than taking one of the "tour" boats from town. The motel is also centrally located and within walking distance is entertainment for the entire family. Arcades, shops, activities, beaches, restaraunts and more. Coffee shops all around town! Highly recommended. Rooms were very clean and spacious, each with its own table and chairs on the deck. Downsides were parking. I recommend getting there between 1-3pm for best parking options. Once there you'll probably only leave once or twice as its close to everything by way of walking. Also, we were told we could rent kayaks and paddle boats at the motel next door but they wouldn't offer them to us because we weren't guests. Good times though. Very friendly staff also. Go have some fun here!

2 Thank HeartofStrength
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Travelled up with friends for 4th of July weekend. Great location, walking distance to everything in the village. The rooms and the property were very clean. The pool deck had beautiful views of the lake. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Would recommend taking the boat ride to the islands. Had a fabulous trip, would stay again.

1 Thank jonihsiny
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Rooms was nothing fancy, but the back of the hotel has a wonderful deck, pool, lounge chairs, bbq grills, picnic tables, and view of the lake right at your feet.
The owners are onsite and within reach they seem to work hard to keep their property clean and safe. Front desk hours are apx- 7-11, maid service comes everyday and i saw them clean and check the chlorine levels at the pool. The location is right in the village and for a holiday weekend I found the best rates here. The parking spots are a bit tight if youre not used to it like we are in the city ,but overall no problems and i enjoyed my vaaction while staying on the lake motel property.

2 Thank GIRLFROMNY12
Auburn, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay at. The owner, Steve, was so helpful. The price is good for the area.

• Stayed May 2011