“Well Kept”

Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
nyc, United States
“Well Kept”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Despite being about ten years old, the hotel was in very good condition, rooms were fresh and clean. Full breakfast choices are a definite step up from the all too common carb-inental breakfast. Set back from the highway and up a hill, it was very quiet, but it is very convenient to the village. Plenty of good restaurants very close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived on July 12 and the helpful desk staff gave us early check in. We tried to rest, but the noise level from doors slamming in rooms across the hall from us prevented that. The doors to the rooms are not very soundproof and you can hear every noise in the hall. After a while, I had to look at why the doors might be slamming so frequently. As I looked out the door, I counted TEN people leaving the room diagonally across the hall. They were part of a group that occupied both rooms across the hall. More about that later.

We went out and returned to the room about 10 p.m. Tried to sleep but the slamming doors continued. Apparently, this group, which numbered at least 15 people in two rooms, were going back and forth between the two rooms. Then, around 11:00 p.m., the real party started, in the adjoining room next door. No one loves a party more than me…except when I need to sleep…in a hotel…that I paid $250 a night for. I called the desk and reported it. She said she would call the room. It was quiet for a while, until about 2:00 a.m. when the party resumed. I called Chris at the desk 3 times between 2:00 a.m. and 3:45 a.m. to report the noise. Chris gave me a play by play (they left their room, they went to get food, they are going to sleep, they are drunk (I figured out the last one on my own)), but, did LITTLE to quell the noise. After my last complaint, Chris offered to comp my room—a nice gesture but I would have preferred to pay for a quiet room.

Here are the problems with this hotel. First, it is low quality construction. You can easily hear noise in the halls, other rooms, etc. Second, one of the staff people told me that guests are permitted to have FIVE adults in the queen suites, and apparently an unlimited number of children. There had to be at least 20 guests staying in the three rooms around ours (one on the side and 2 across the hall). Finally, the hotel seemed to cater more to those who made noise than those trying to sleep. If a guest calls and complains about noise 4 times, and you can confirm there is noise coming from the room, and you know the people are drunk, CALL the police and report the disturbance.

I was able to switch rooms on my second night and get away from the small town that had invaded these three rooms. Throughout this whole process the staff was very helpful and polite, but seemed resigned to the fact that this level of noise is the norm for the property.
If you are looking for a frat party atmosphere and the freedom to make as much noise as you want without any consequences, this hotel is for you. However, if you want some peace and quiet to rest, look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Seth A
Amy A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the issues with noise levels that you experienced while staying with us. We make sure to let all guests know that quiet hours are after 10pm. That being said, we do our best to make sure that all of our guests have the best nights rest.

We take great pride in the satisfaction of our guests and use these tools to help us improve each and every day.

Once again, on behalf of myself and the entire staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, I hope that you will consider returning for a quieter and more peaceful nights rest with us in the near future.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Amy Austin
Syracuse, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Did the usual routine about not having the room we requested for the reservation. Didn't advise us of the incidental fee (I know this but they vary from each hotel). Bottom floor room in corner no cell coverage and was a tiny room. Asked to be moved so had to take two queen room. Mattress lumpy and old, pillows awful. This was not up to Hampton standards in my opinion. Walls paper thin, I wanted to ask the man coughing up a lung next door if he needed a cough drop! There was some type of vibration from either the elevator or ice machine that was really loud and the room was in the middle of the hall so not sure. For the price not worth it! Plenty of other hotels around the area. On a good note the breakfast ladies working there are wonderful.

1 Thank Gary M
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is relatively new having been built several years ago. The setting is nice & we had a beautiful landscaped country view out the back. The CAA rate ($199) included an adequate buffet style (not our pick) breakfast, typical of most Hampton Inns. The lobby is picturesque, with a gas fireplace sitting area to relax & read plus a bar area equally attractive. The heated swimming pool & hot tub are both interior, & are very small. However they exit to an attractive outdoor sitting area, which is quiet, private, attractively landscaped, & was great to sit & read after breakfast. Service was friendly, & efficient on both check in & out. I plan on returning again in the shoulder season of Sept. as the high season prices go up dramatically. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Isle, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here in 7/14. It was a bit expensive for my taste, but a quick get away and well worth it. Summer season was well in progress. Next time we will try off season. This is a very nice hotel, clean and great attentive staff. One of the best nights sleep in a while. There is a sitting area out back of the hotel (all it needs is a nice fire pit to make it perfect for quiet reading or evenings of relaxing with nature). If you prefer, there is ample space near the lobby for quiet sitting near the bar. The bar is not open all the time so the space is ready for the sitting. It includes a hot and cold breakfast and coffee all day! Plenty of parking and conveniently located to all that Lake George has to offer. It sits on top of a hill so you may not want to walk to town from the hotel but is is doable. Parking in Lake George can be expensive, especially if you park near the paddle boats ($10 a day). I would absolutely stay here again and look forward to another visit to the area. The lake itself is well worth it.

Room Tip: Any room away from the pool area are great rooms. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was wonderful w...
Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I travelled to lake George by ourselves after taking our children and grandchildren there many times. We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn since we have stayed there in other locations. I was very pleased that although this is a summer area the Hampton Inn was the same as in other places. Clean, friendly, courteous staff, a great breakfast buffet at no cost, quiet, and just really nice. In fact we will be visiting there again in late summer. It was that nice.

1 Thank shapiro508
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I would never see myself staying at a Hampton Inn but I have to tell you it was a nice hotel and exceed my expectations. Very clean, nice linens, pillows and comfortable beds. Will stay there again! We stayed here for one night after picking our kids up at camp.

Stayed July 2014