“GU Convertion- Tops Markets”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George
Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and quiet. was off season so it was a quiet hotel. Just sleep there one night. I wish i could have spent more time inv the area. Breakfast in morning so,so items still froozen at 6:10.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in lake George for the first time at the Hampton. I like the Hampton because the beds are always super clean and comfortable. The accomodations were just as I expected with free breakfast and coffee. Only downside I can think of is the large crowd you had to fight at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A nice hotel with a convenient location. It is less then 1 mile from the "Downtown" area, a bit to far to walk with two little kids and not much to do until you get there anyway, so we just drove and parked.
The Fort and the Million Dollar Beach were easy to get to also, and within 1.5 miles.
Magic Forest was a 2-3 miles to the south, and Six Flags was about a 20 minute drive South.
Pool was clean, Breakfast was good, and staff was friendly. We added two days to our stay while we were there.
It was a bit higher priced then what we normally pay, but we were satistsfied since the lower priced places which we passed as we explored we not to inviting and the higher priced were, well, out of budget.
Over all, it was the right choice for my family.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent four days in Lake George NY, golfing, shopping at the outlets and doing a bit of hiking etc.
The rooms and hotel itself were clean and roomy, we had a standard room but spacious suites are also available.
The breakfast was very nice with both hot and cold items. There was always hot coffee and cookies throughout the day and night ( I am coffee addict).
The hotel itself is a bit outside the main part of Lake George and is on top of a hill, you will require a car to get to the center of town and other areas like the malls etc...
You can walk to two or three nearby eating establishments, but be warned , like many towns in the USA,outside of centertown, there seems to be a lack of sidewalks, so you end up walking on the shoulder of the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is my second stay at the hotel. While the hotel is clean, fairly new, and the staff was very accomidating, the housekeeping was one of the worst I've ever experienced. We had checked into our room in the early evening. After unpacking, and getting ready for bed, we turned the TV on, only to see it didn't work. The front desk was helpful, but explained that they can't just swap out a new TV, as the person that would handle that was gone for the night. We ended up switching rooms. Now we are in the new room, my wife gets into the bed, only to see that the sheet had a blood stain. After removing the sheet, the blood stain was coming straight from the matrees pad. Again, we called the front desk, who came up to the room to look. They removed the mattress pad and bloodied sheet for us, but only replaced the sheet. They couldn't find a fitted sheet. They explained that housekeeping the next day would replace everything for us. Being a little skeeved out that we had bloody sheets, we slept on top of the duvet. The next day unfortunately housekeeping was a no show. All that was left was a bag of clean linens that were left outside of our door. They never came into our room to clean, replace linens, or anything. The third evening we finally received housekeeping services, but the dirty/bloody linens were left in our room on the floor. We finally had enough and spoke with the housekeeping which happened to be outside of our room. We explained the situation and they immediately re-did our room. The rest of our stay housekeeping was much better. Unfortunately on our last day of the trip, both my wife and duaghter came down with head lice, which we assumed came from the room. I don't know for a fact, but I believe the room that I was transferred into was not made up for a new guest. The first room we had, had post-it notes on the head board, stating that we have new duvets and fresh linens. The second room we had, did not have these notes. One other note with housekeeping, is that every morning, the houskeeping leaves gigantic bags of both clean and dirty linens, in the elevator banks, right next to the garbage cans. Why they do that is beyond me. People were constantly walking by, and touching the clean and dirty bags. It's more of a central location that housekeeping uses. To me, that is unsanitary. My whole housekeeping experience was beyond unsanitary, as I've never ever experienced a room that had both a bloody sheet, as well as matress pad. I have stayed at this hotel before, and never had a bad experience. I can only hope that this was an anomoly, and that housekeeping improves. There are plenty of other places in Lake George to stay if it doesn't.

1  Thank johnnyf0614
Reviewed August 16, 2012

In the LG region there are a lot of motels. If you are looking for a nice "hotel" than this is the place. Very centrally located to everything you need. They had a great complimentary breakfast in the morning. There is a small indoor pool and a hot tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was nice and quiet and everything was clean and overall it was a nice stay. I would definitely stay here again. My only small complaint would be that I am not sure if the A/C was working correctly. It may have been just me but it seemed hot in our room overnight, but not that big of a deal. It was a very nice hotel.

2  Thank jp_1674
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at several properties in the area, and this is by far the best. The rooms are spacious. It includes a plentiful, hot breakfast. Most importantly the rooms are extremely clean. I would recommend it highly to families traveling in the area.

3  Thank John L