This is my second stay at the hotel. While the hotel is clean, fairly new, and the staff was very accomidating, the housekeeping was one of the worst I've ever experienced. We had checked into our room in the early evening. After unpacking, and getting ready for bed, we turned the TV on, only to see it didn't work. The front desk was helpful, but explained that they can't just swap out a new TV, as the person that would handle that was gone for the night. We ended up switching rooms. Now we are in the new room, my wife gets into the bed, only to see that the sheet had a blood stain. After removing the sheet, the blood stain was coming straight from the matrees pad. Again, we called the front desk, who came up to the room to look. They removed the mattress pad and bloodied sheet for us, but only replaced the sheet. They couldn't find a fitted sheet. They explained that housekeeping the next day would replace everything for us. Being a little skeeved out that we had bloody sheets, we slept on top of the duvet. The next day unfortunately housekeeping was a no show. All that was left was a bag of clean linens that were left outside of our door. They never came into our room to clean, replace linens, or anything. The third evening we finally received housekeeping services, but the dirty/bloody linens were left in our room on the floor. We finally had enough and spoke with the housekeeping which happened to be outside of our room. We explained the situation and they immediately re-did our room. The rest of our stay housekeeping was much better. Unfortunately on our last day of the trip, both my wife and duaghter came down with head lice, which we assumed came from the room. I don't know for a fact, but I believe the room that I was transferred into was not made up for a new guest. The first room we had, had post-it notes on the head board, stating that we have new duvets and fresh linens. The second room we had, did not have these notes. One other note with housekeeping, is that every morning, the houskeeping leaves gigantic bags of both clean and dirty linens, in the elevator banks, right next to the garbage cans. Why they do that is beyond me. People were constantly walking by, and touching the clean and dirty bags. It's more of a central location that housekeeping uses. To me, that is unsanitary. My whole housekeeping experience was beyond unsanitary, as I've never ever experienced a room that had both a bloody sheet, as well as matress pad. I have stayed at this hotel before, and never had a bad experience. I can only hope that this was an anomoly, and that housekeeping improves. There are plenty of other places in Lake George to stay if it doesn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Lake George, NY, and get ready for an amazing outdoor experience in the Adirondacks. On a clear day, you can see all the way to Vermont and New Hampshire. You'll love our cool mountain air in the summer. Play an excellent round of golf, go whitewater rafting or saddle up for a horseback ride. It's all near the Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Lake George. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George Hotel Lake George
- Hampton Inn And Suites Lake George
- Hampton Inn Lake George
- Lake George Hampton Inn