“Poor Housekeeping”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Budd Lake, NJ
“Poor Housekeeping”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is my second stay at the hotel. While the hotel is clean, fairly new, and the staff was very accomidating, the housekeeping was one of the worst I've ever experienced. We had checked into our room in the early evening. After unpacking, and getting ready for bed, we turned the TV on, only to see it didn't work. The front desk was helpful, but explained that they can't just swap out a new TV, as the person that would handle that was gone for the night. We ended up switching rooms. Now we are in the new room, my wife gets into the bed, only to see that the sheet had a blood stain. After removing the sheet, the blood stain was coming straight from the matrees pad. Again, we called the front desk, who came up to the room to look. They removed the mattress pad and bloodied sheet for us, but only replaced the sheet. They couldn't find a fitted sheet. They explained that housekeeping the next day would replace everything for us. Being a little skeeved out that we had bloody sheets, we slept on top of the duvet. The next day unfortunately housekeeping was a no show. All that was left was a bag of clean linens that were left outside of our door. They never came into our room to clean, replace linens, or anything. The third evening we finally received housekeeping services, but the dirty/bloody linens were left in our room on the floor. We finally had enough and spoke with the housekeeping which happened to be outside of our room. We explained the situation and they immediately re-did our room. The rest of our stay housekeeping was much better. Unfortunately on our last day of the trip, both my wife and duaghter came down with head lice, which we assumed came from the room. I don't know for a fact, but I believe the room that I was transferred into was not made up for a new guest. The first room we had, had post-it notes on the head board, stating that we have new duvets and fresh linens. The second room we had, did not have these notes. One other note with housekeeping, is that every morning, the houskeeping leaves gigantic bags of both clean and dirty linens, in the elevator banks, right next to the garbage cans. Why they do that is beyond me. People were constantly walking by, and touching the clean and dirty bags. It's more of a central location that housekeeping uses. To me, that is unsanitary. My whole housekeeping experience was beyond unsanitary, as I've never ever experienced a room that had both a bloody sheet, as well as matress pad. I have stayed at this hotel before, and never had a bad experience. I can only hope that this was an anomoly, and that housekeeping improves. There are plenty of other places in Lake George to stay if it doesn't.

1 Thank johnnyf0614

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Utah
Reviewed August 16, 2012

In the LG region there are a lot of motels. If you are looking for a nice "hotel" than this is the place. Very centrally located to everything you need. They had a great complimentary breakfast in the morning. There is a small indoor pool and a hot tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place was nice and quiet and everything was clean and overall it was a nice stay. I would definitely stay here again. My only small complaint would be that I am not sure if the A/C was working correctly. It may have been just me but it seemed hot in our room overnight, but not that big of a deal. It was a very nice hotel.

2 Thank jp_1674
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at several properties in the area, and this is by far the best. The rooms are spacious. It includes a plentiful, hot breakfast. Most importantly the rooms are extremely clean. I would recommend it highly to families traveling in the area.

3 Thank John L
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The suite was not at all what we expected.
The bathroom is open to the living and sleeping area and there is only a separate room for the shower including the toilet. That means that you brush your teeth in the room. We were traveling with our three kids and this was really disturbing those which were still asleep.
The pull out sofa was uncomfortable and you wake up with a back ache.
The other beds were good.
The breakfast room was overcrowded.
I would not recommend this suite and got the information that all suites in this hotel are the same.

1 Thank Lisachen
Monroe, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night. I chose this property as I'm a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in many other Hampton Inns in the past. We arrived in the area much earlier than expected and decided to stop at the hotel knowing we would not be able to check in yet. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk named Penny. She welcomed us and answered all of our questions about the surrounding area. She also informed us that our room was not ready yet but the good news was that she would be upgrading our room to a queen suite with a balcony. She took my cell number and advised me that she would call if our room became available earlier than the uasual check in time.
I would not hesitate to recommend this property and would stay here gain if in Lake George region again.

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank luv2tvlny
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here as a stop over to montreal. There were 4 in our party. Room was clean and updated. Comfortable beds. Stayed for a brief visit. Came in late and left early. Close to village but more than a quick walk. Great breakfast, friendly staff. Grounds were beautiful. Did not use pool, but looked nice. Overall happy with visit, wish it was a little cheaper. Close to market and restaurants.

2 Thank gelswell
new jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2012

reviewed this hotel a year ago and stayed again very recently for 4 nights. Much like the first visit, this hampton inn room was very clean. Lobby and breakfast area are larger vs other hampton inns I've stayed at and well decorated and comfy. Indoor pool very clean and nice. Staff is very friendly and willing to help with anything. Common areas are clean and well kept. Can not go wrong here for location, comfort and good nights sleep for a Lake George vacation.

1 Thank danno9