“Excellent in every way - Nice view from our room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George
Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I spent three nights here in mid-September, sightseeing in the area. We found everything to be very nice. Our first nice experience was at check-in. When the clerk on duty learned we were there for sightseeing, she specifically assigned us to a room on an upper floor overlooking the mountains, which we appreciated. These rooms face the front entrance and overlook the parking area.

The hotel is situated on a hill-top, making it a very quiet location. It has a lovely lobby with a sitting area which we used one day for enjoying afternoon tea. Hot coffee and hot water for tea were available throughout every day of our stay. All of the other staff members we had contact with were also very pleasant and helpful. When we learned there was a hot-air balloon festival in the area during our stay, a staff member printed out directions to the local airport, which would have been difficult for us to find without directions.

Our room with a king-size bed was large and very comfortable. It also included a microwave and mini-refrigerator and a nice work station desk. Our bath area also was a good size, with the modern vanity found in most other Hampton Inns we have stay at. We had plenty of large fluffy towels. Everything was clean. Our room had both wired and wireless Internet connections. We used our laptop computer with wired connection every evening and had no problems.

Breakfast was typical of Hampton Inns, with an attendant keeping everything promptly replenished and clean.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the mountains if spending any time in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank like2travel1

Reviewed September 29, 2011

New and clean hotel...friendly staff and good breakfast with a lot of choices...had a nice suite with a view of mountains. Pool was warm and clean. Gym is lacking though. Standard Hampton Inn but does not recognize Hhonors mambers.

Room Tip: suite with a kitchenett 3d floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I arranged a stay at the Hampton while on a trip to see my daughter in Glens Falls. The location is up on a hill at the southern end of Lake George, and has a pleasant view of the mountains across the lake (from the front rooms). Parking is adequate and complementary. Also complementary is the breakfast, which has an excellent variety of tasty breakfast offerings, cereals, muffins, juices, coffee, waffles (cook them yourself), yogurts, toast, etc. The staff was friendly, helpful and polite. There is an internet connection in the room that is also complementary and a computer for use on the first floor if you don't have one. The location requires a drive or long walk to most attractions, but the peaceful setting is worth the sacrifice

Room Tip: Get a high floor front room for the view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was there when the hotel first opened about 3 years ago it was great so i decided to go back at the end of august 2011 to be quite honnest the price 189 plus tax was way overpriced the room was not cleaned to my liking dusty and the bathroom floor was very sticky i also found a hair in the sheets wich i was not to happy about .You are there to relax and be able to sleep inn i forgot to put do not disturb sighn and housekeeping knocked at my door at 8:50 am come on and on my day of check out she knocked at 9 am excuse me check out is at 12pm why come knock at my door when the room is supposed to be made up when a guest leaves the rest was ok breakfast is ok aswell . Lake George is very expensive for what it offers . i did go to buffet at the casino in Saratoga Springs and for 12,95 was the best from what i hate in lake george all in all not so bad but for the price the hotel runs up to 250 a night in season hey i got a deal at 189 plus tax prices are exagerated for that area .oh one more thing you need a car to get to the village its up on a hill a bit far for walking

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed here while working in the area. The hotel was nice and clean. It was a standard Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly, but was not recognized as a Hhonors member.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 1, 2011

PLeasant stay, good breakfast, nice pool and hottub. Friendly staff, close to Lake, nice to get a familiar place in a sea of motels.

1  Thank AnAreEye
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Like most Hampton inn's I've stayed at, It was very clean and staff was very helpful. It is a very nice looking hotel. Doesnt seem to be more than a couple years old. The decor of the lobby and sitting area's very nice looking and comfortable. Pool very nice too. The breakfast is much the same as other Hampton inn's. However this one had an area that was able to handle more capacity than some others. That was a big plus and the hotel was even at high capacity at the time. Two waffle makers instead of one is just one example of why I say it was better suited to handle bit more capacity during breakfast. Some of the Hampton inns I've stayed at can leave you and your family somewhat inconvenienced at breakfast due to not enough tables, room, and too much waiting. Alot of times it's also the fault of people who just have no regard for anyone else. They will often use two tables instead of squeezing in at one or just sit and read papers even though they have finished and just not have the common courtesy to do what's right for others. Anyway, this hotel I as said seemed more capable to handle a bit of a larger crowed and while not totaly without it certainly did limit the inconveiences I've experienced at others. My only complaint at all was that this was one of the most expensive Hampton inn's I'stayed at. I knoe room prices change all the time and can nary from one week of booking to the next but it was much more than I've ever paid at any Hampton inn. Thats why not a five rating. However I will say many places in the area that are decent are also high priced at least in the summer time. Over all I would certainly go back to this Hampton inn but if I do I would try to book at a better rate. It could be the only difference in staying there or somewhere else provided the other place would be as clean and comfy as the Hampton inn at lake George.

1  Thank danno9