“Very enjoyable!”

Ranked #22 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Northampton
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I first stayed here for two weeks in August of 2011 and I returned for three weeks in 2012. The prices were quite reasonable, the room was clean and well taken care of by the cleaning staff during my stay. The owners were most helpful and friendly. I had a room with stove top, sink and microwave sufficient for my needs. The grounds are well tended and the property is very quiet and restful, which is just what I was looking for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my family had a wonderful stay at Studio Motel in Lake George this past weekend. Everyone is so friendly! The rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed for 7 days and it was a very nice stay. The pool was great, and they had so many other things that you could do like volleyball and kid playground which my kids enjoyed so much. The motel is walking distance to the lake which we loved! We will be back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were traveling with friends to Lk.George. We all wanted some place clean, affordable pricing , quiet and close to restaurants and attractions, which could have been impossible during the summer in Lk.George. Studio Motel had all of the above requirements with the added benefit of a friendly and helpful staff. We will stay again, however we'll book the newer rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in newer section brighter, very pleasant with balconies on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Croton on Hudson, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Making arrangements to travel here with friends, I got an error when I tried to book online. I called later only to discover that the less expensive rooms were full and so opted for the higher rate because we were traveling together. When we got to the hotel the owner recognized our names and had upgraded our friends, gave us a discount and put us in adjoining rooms - how's that for customer service? Rooms were a good size, clean and though the beds were a little soft for my taste it did not prevent me from sleeping. Fridge, microwave, shower with good water pressure. Lovely, sparkling clean pool. Grounds well kept. All in all a nice haven from the madness of Main Street, Lake George and definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was my 3rd stay here with my family and together with my brother and his family for their 1st time and once again i was not disappointed. As my brother who is member Willie2003 noted; it is an excellent place for a fantastic price.We spent 3 nights from July 16-19 and loved it. We had 2 rooms side by side on the ground floor in the newer building (built 2009).Very large room with an equally large bathroom. Greatly appreciated the 2 queen size beds instead of the common dbl beds which is often offered elsewhere. Beds and especially the pillows are a bit too soft for my liking but i found it a non issue giving the fact that you have to be realistic and realize that it is still a motel and not your private home.Rooms were very clean, flat screen TV, Microwave and a small fridge included. The grounds and property in general are very well maintained and set in a picturesque setting. Loved the heated salt water pool with maximum 5ft +/- deep end which allowed my brother and myself to stand in the deep end and keep an eye on the kids as they jumped in. Owner's were very friendly, helpfull and especially polite/friendly to our kids. No doubt about it, simply a great place to stay. Will absolutely be back again. Most likely the end of August or sometime September.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and opt for the newer built buildings with the large rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter S
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was my first trip to Lake george with my two kids 12&14. I found this located close to all attractions but off the beaten path just enough so that you could enjoy peaceful evenings at the motel. My kids loved the pool, we used the grills/picnic tables located around the complex to save $$$ on restaurants. I stayed there 10 days and was very happy with the accommodations, the owners(they have a very personal approach and treat you with respect and handle any questions/problems you have imediately). My kids loved the pool and wifi at he motel, we even played volleyball on the volleyball court. Rooms are cleaned everyday with new linens/towels, This is what I was most concerned about when I got there, rooms were kept very clean. I will certainly stay there again next time I go to Lake George.

Room Tip: All rooms have ac and location is very quiet, I stayed in the smaller pine rooms with double beds an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I came to the Studio Motel with high expectations, but these were quickly eliminated upon entering the check-in office. The owner sterotypes people to determine the price of the stay, and seemed insulted that my two gay friends were sharing a room together. He immediately assumed that we were throwing a gay night party, and my friends were emotionally hurt by this homophobic statement. At night, the owner walked around the building with a flashlight, even looking through windows to see what people were doing. The pool had obviously not been cleaned for quite some time, which could be said the same for the linens and shower of the motel room. Lake George is a wonderful place to visit, but please do not make the mistake of staying at the truly profane establishment known as the Studio Motel.

• Stayed August 2012