“Bright and Cheery”

Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
ohio
“Bright and Cheery”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We had a great stay at the Admiral Inn. Perfect location, great price and the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Connecticut
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Admiral for a week in early June almost every year for over 15 years. It is a great, family oriented place that is clean, relaxing, and very acccomodating. My husband is handicapped and they put out a ramp for his use during the week. The Marinelli family has been wonderful to us over the years and I would not hesitate to refer others to the Admiral.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andiconnecticut
Beacon, NY
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We had a very nice experience at the Admiral for Memorial Day weekend. The room was nicely sized, very clean, and tidy. Looks like new laminated flooring was just put in in the bathroom. Shower water was very hot and nice pressure from the showerhead.
Service couldn't be better as Janine was very friendly, attentive and caring.
Super location just north of the noise of the crowded village. Walk to village took less than 10 minutes.
I could see where parking would be a problem during the busy summer months, but for our trip, it wasn't an issue.
I'd definately stay here again.

Stayed May 2008
Syracuse
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Recently friends of ours asked for the name of the motel we stayed at in Lake George where we had such a good time this summer. We were showing them the information on the internet and I came across the review written by clarinet-1. Honestly, we had a completely different experience than the person who wrote that review. The family who own and operate the motel were extremely pleasant and accommodating. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant as did their motel housekeeping staff. We truly enjoyed getting up in the morning and enjoying a cup of coffee (provided by the motel) on the deck by the pool. It was because we raved so much about the experience when we returned that our friends asked for the name of the motel as they are planning on taking their family there next year. The parking is limited to one spot per room, however that did not present a problem as everyone seemed to comply with the rule. I do want to agree with one thing mentioned in the other review by moconnor. The tee-shirts displayed in the window of a store called Stormin' Norman's were highly offensive and not to just young children. I don't know why the owner feels it is OK to put such garbage out in the public eye. Maybe he doesn't care about the image it portrays and the negative effect it may have on tourism which I believe is a big part of the Lake George economy.

• Liked — great location family run
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York State
Reviewed July 24, 2007

The second night they "forgot" to clean the room and also we had no safe place to park our one vehicle. They admitted it was their fault about not cleaning the room, but said that they advise everyone that there is only one car allowed per room. They indicated that some rooms must have more than one car! This did not help us as we had only one car! When we came back just before checking out, they were in there cleaning the room so we asked them to leave so we could use the bathroom before our long trip home. LOVED the Band Festival and Lake George -- just will NOT stay there again!

• Liked — It is in Lake George
  • Disliked — No place to park and room not cleaned!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank clarinet-1
Lagrange, NY
Reviewed May 29, 2006

We just got back from a long Memorial Day weekend at Lake George with the family, which consists of myself, my wife and two young daughters. This was actually our first time in many, many trips to the region that we've stayed in the actual village of Lake George. It's a mistake we're not ever going to repeat. But first the hotel review:

The Admiral is at the north end of the village, just a little down from where 9N splits off from 9. It's a very nice hotel and the proprietor is a very friendly lady that keeps the place spic and span. She runs a "family first" kind of hotel, and I actually heard her on the phone yesterday screening the caller to see who she'd be booking the rooms for, asking for ages and explaining that she's not into reserving rooms for college kids and partiers. My guess is that she's had problems with it before and would rather just keep the room empty than endure the inevitable problems. There were nice rooms with plenty of space and refrigerators to keep things cold in. There are skylights on the rooms on the second floor, which is a nice touch. The only complaint I have, although it's much more of a nitpick, was that the A/C in our room wasn't able to keep it quite as cool as we'd have liked, but we still weren't that uncomfortable. So for anyone interested in staying in the town of Lake George itself, definitely consider this establishment.

Which brings me to my review of Lake George village itself. I should state that this comes from a family-oriented perspective. This town, in the evening (at least this past weekend), is no place for a family. We actually felt unsafe at times, given the caliber of some of the people congregating all over the place. There was an incident while I was off buying an ice cream where a kid was cursing and yelling right in front of my wife and girls in an apparent attempt at proving how cool he was. This was something that wouldn't have occured had I been standing right there. However, you'd have thought the police officer that was standing right there would maybe tell the idiot to cut it out. He shrugged instead. Someone almost ran me over as I headed into the Price Chopper a block in off the strip and decided it was funny instead. When I thought that she might've hit one of my girls she continued to laugh about it and called us names instead. The two cops standing next to the entrance to the place that saw all this? They did nothing. By this time that was basically what I was expecting from them, but one can always hope.

If you're planning on relaxing by the pool or being able to read outside your room in anything resembling peace and quiet, you can forget that as well. The sheer number of knuckleheads gunning their engines, popping wheelies on their bikes, peeling out and racing each other out in front of the hotel on Route 9 is not countable. And can someone maybe tell some of the store owners that some of the t-shirts they have on display for sale are absolutely not appropriate for viewing by kids my daughters' ages? I'd tell you what they said, or even imply it, but I'd really like this review to get posted. You'd think you were in Daytona on spring break the way this place is now, though. By the time this morning came, I couldn't wait to check out. And not come back. I really do feel for the better business owners in the area, though. They have to be cringing at what's going on. I spoke to more than one family there and they felt very much the way I do, and aren't planning on any return trips. It's a shame what's happening to such a beautiful area, although this certainly won't preclude us from going to the many other better choices in Adirondack Park and even up Lake George from the village.

9 Thank moconnor