“Most relaxing motel in LG”
Review of Admiral Motel

Admiral Motel
Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a great small family owned motel on the main drag in LG village. Clean friendly and quaint. After spending my childhood in LG and now vacationing there yearly this is our go to place. Best landscaped motel in LG as a bonus. I go back once or twice a year.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Omg! This place is adorable! I drove up and keep in mind its right on Canada Street which is the main road in Lake George Village. Here is this Country Cottage looking place and im like WOW can we get any more cute?!?!
I stayed over night and got to meet the owner and her daughters Jeanine & Sue. Both were just real down to earth and sweet. They have a little front patio where they have fresh coffee in the mornings and some seating overlooking the pool. The pool was great perfect Temp alot of places say they have heated pools but then turns out umm yea the water is FREEING....Well not this place the water was amazing! I even think it was a Salt water pool.
My room was just as pretty as the front entrance there was no bait and switch here. The room was a Deluxe two double beds with a skylight. The bathroom was clean and bright.
I wanted a relaxing overnight getaway and thats what I got! I will be back and make sure to tell all my friends about This adorable charming place! To the owners thanks for a very nice stay!! Keep up with what your doing!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #25 great room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank April S
moteladmiral, Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for noticing our efforts. Please come see us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved the Admiral Motel. You know that this is an old motel, but you'd never know it by it's looks. The property was beautifully painted in white, with statues and fountains adorning the area. There was even a double swing! The rooms were decorated beautifully, with one wall being an accent wall in burgandy. The room was very clean and neat. I felt as if I was in my own bungalow up the mountains. I only have two issues with the room. The beds weren't as comfortable as my foam bed at home, and there was very little sink area for toiletries. The bathrooms could use updating, but I was absolutely thrilled with my room. The office was decorated nicely with window boxes of flowers outside the windows, and a porch overlooking the pool. Hint: The afternoon sun is at the deep end of the pool. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We take pride in our property and will look into your concerns.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The owner is very disorganized! Prices that were advertised online were not true at all I was told by "sue" that a 2 night stay would be $155.00 when I arrived the price was raised to $350!! They also charged me for an extra person. The owner said that I misunderstood when in fact I read over the details to this "sue" and it was clearly a mistake on her part. The attitude from the owner here is disgusting she has poor people skills. I will not be coming back here. this is a first time that I am utterly disgusted by a motels customer service.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cari1050
moteladmiral, Front Office Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Labor Day prices are published the same everywhere for our property with no specials/discounts on holiday weekends. $155.00 was the price I gave for 3 adults, 1 child in our deluxe room per night. As my sister informed her if she was not happy she was welcome to find a room up the street somewhere for $80. however we would not be able to honor what she thought she heard because it wouldn't be fair to the rest of our customers. Confusion sometimes comes when calling many hotels for rates. We are very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We live about five miles away from this motel. We had won this through a charitable donation and decided to have a "staycation". We thought this motel was very quaint and very clean. We travel frequently and was impressed that we had this fantastic hospitality right here at home. Staff was friendly and appeared to be diligent about keeping the property looking polished and presentable. What an adorable sight at night!!! You can walk to the village in minutes. I would recommend this motel without hesitation. Congratulations on giving people and nice place to stay away from home at reasonable rates! Also, the fact that they are willing to donate during these economic times show they are charitable and conscious of others needs. Thanks for opportunity and we will recommend to our out of town friends.

Room Tip: Any would be great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
moteladmiral, Owner at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We try to participate in our community charities even in these difficult economic times. Please come again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Toilets got plugged all the time, towels were smelly, it took all day to have our room cleaned and the owner blamed us for stealing her towels... she took $60.00 off my credit card. The chamber maid apparently blamed us for not having the right amount of time. Spoiled my trip completely to the beautiful Lake George... this motel needs some customer service training.... needs to have a better cleaning crew... bathrooms need updating especially the toilets....our toilet got plugged in the night and the management did not respond.. I had t fast so not to use the bathroom at night and good thing we had relatives booked in other rooms or we would have had to find a public bathroom!!!!

Room Tip: do not book at this hotel... if you do bring your own towels
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

These comments from a valued customer for over 8 years saddens us. We try always to address and fix any problems a customer has in a timely manner. Our towels are fresh and of good quality and we are generous with them, however as a business owner we do need to account for them. The Admiral Family for 33 years has taken pride in running a successful business in Lake George Village.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice family owned motel great location. Easy walking distance to downtown. On the main street yet rooms were quiet and clean. Janine the hostess was very accommodating and helpful with suggestions. Would highly recommend and look forward to returning in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family