“Road Trip”
Review of Admiral Motel

Admiral Motel
Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved the Admiral Motel. You know that this is an old motel, but you'd never know it by it's looks. The property was beautifully painted in white, with statues and fountains adorning the area. There was even a double swing! The rooms were decorated beautifully, with one wall being an accent wall in burgandy. The room was very clean and neat. I felt as if I was in my own bungalow up the mountains. I only have two issues with the room. The beds weren't as comfortable as my foam bed at home, and there was very little sink area for toiletries. The bathrooms could use updating, but I was absolutely thrilled with my room. The office was decorated nicely with window boxes of flowers outside the windows, and a porch overlooking the pool. Hint: The afternoon sun is at the deep end of the pool. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
moteladmiral, Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We take pride in our property and will look into your concerns.

There are newer reviews for Admiral Motel

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The owner is very disorganized! Prices that were advertised online were not true at all I was told by "sue" that a 2 night stay would be $155.00 when I arrived the price was raised to $350!! They also charged me for an extra person. The owner said that I misunderstood when in fact I read over the details to this "sue" and it was clearly a mistake on her part. The attitude from the owner here is disgusting she has poor people skills. I will not be coming back here. this is a first time that I am utterly disgusted by a motels customer service.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cari1050
moteladmiral, Front Office Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Labor Day prices are published the same everywhere for our property with no specials/discounts on holiday weekends. $155.00 was the price I gave for 3 adults, 1 child in our deluxe room per night. As my sister informed her if she was not happy she was welcome to find a room up the street somewhere for $80. however we would not be able to honor what she thought she heard because it wouldn't be fair to the rest of our customers. Confusion sometimes comes when calling many hotels for rates. We are very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We live about five miles away from this motel. We had won this through a charitable donation and decided to have a "staycation". We thought this motel was very quaint and very clean. We travel frequently and was impressed that we had this fantastic hospitality right here at home. Staff was friendly and appeared to be diligent about keeping the property looking polished and presentable. What an adorable sight at night!!! You can walk to the village in minutes. I would recommend this motel without hesitation. Congratulations on giving people and nice place to stay away from home at reasonable rates! Also, the fact that they are willing to donate during these economic times show they are charitable and conscious of others needs. Thanks for opportunity and we will recommend to our out of town friends.

Room Tip: Any would be great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
moteladmiral, Owner at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We try to participate in our community charities even in these difficult economic times. Please come again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Toilets got plugged all the time, towels were smelly, it took all day to have our room cleaned and the owner blamed us for stealing her towels... she took $60.00 off my credit card. The chamber maid apparently blamed us for not having the right amount of time. Spoiled my trip completely to the beautiful Lake George... this motel needs some customer service training.... needs to have a better cleaning crew... bathrooms need updating especially the toilets....our toilet got plugged in the night and the management did not respond.. I had t fast so not to use the bathroom at night and good thing we had relatives booked in other rooms or we would have had to find a public bathroom!!!!

Room Tip: do not book at this hotel... if you do bring your own towels
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

These comments from a valued customer for over 8 years saddens us. We try always to address and fix any problems a customer has in a timely manner. Our towels are fresh and of good quality and we are generous with them, however as a business owner we do need to account for them. The Admiral Family for 33 years has taken pride in running a successful business in Lake George Village.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice family owned motel great location. Easy walking distance to downtown. On the main street yet rooms were quiet and clean. Janine the hostess was very accommodating and helpful with suggestions. Would highly recommend and look forward to returning in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Admiral Motel has a great location. Close to downtown (within a 5 minute walk) but far enough away so you can have some peace and quiet to sleep. Room was clean with pretty decor. Bed very comfortable. Motel management was friendly and very helpful with regards to local restaurants and activities. Pool area was clean and refreshing. The outside area had lots of flowers and made a very pretty presentation. The only drawback is it is not on the lake. But you can easily get there by crossing the street. All in all we had a great stay at the Admiral Motel and I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This motel was in the perfect location, walk to anywhere in the Village and across the street from Lake George and a park that has free concerts. The people here were wonderful, accommodating and helpful with places to go and things to do. At first we thought the room was a bit small for a Deluxe and didn't like the sink outside of the toilet/shower area, but we got used to it and it worked out fine. As others have stated, it is a bit outdated with linens and amenities. We stayed over the weekend and enjoyed the Fireworks from the balcony - very nice! I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a good room at a good price.

Room Tip: Find out exactly where your room would be and the size/bedding. Liked the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family