“Nice pool and surroundings”
Review of Admiral Motel

Admiral Motel
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nice pool and surroundings”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Pool is nice but be aware - not as private as you might like - it is in the FRONT of the hotel. Great flowerboxes and quaint surrpoundings outdoors. Nice hotel mgr.
Rooms are just okay. Take a look at the polyester cheap ' hotel-like" bedspreads. Just seems like a change of these alone could make a difference , but instead, it is ' cheesy".

Great location. You can walk up and down the strip

A good stay!

Room Tip: any/ all rooms similar
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank anonymouse32

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
yonkers
Reviewed September 21, 2011

clean,comfortable and convienent! the rooms, grounds and parking areas are maintained daily, the mattresses allow for a great nights sleep,a nap, or just staying in bed all day.it is walking distance to many good restaurants ,gift shops and family fun. Sisters, Janine and Sue are so down to earth,friendly and accomadating .This is where you are known by name,not a room number!!!!!!!!! Jim and Judy Galligan, Yonkers, n.y

Room Tip: we request and get OUR room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jimmy g
Beacon, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I spent 2 days at The Admiral. I suprised my husband with a trip up for fathers day. We got stuck in "Fireman's traffic" that we had no idea about so be careful when planning a stay in June. However the Motel was perfect for us. Clean spacious room. TV for the kids to watch at night. Lovely outdoor pool that was clean & not too many people were using. We were able to walk from to Motel right to the Village. We walked to eat, play at the arcades, hit the beach & anything else we wanted to do.
The staff was great, we will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kviolet143
Rome, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I just spent a nice weekend away in Lake George. It just so happen to be the weekend of the Firemans Convention so we were entertained both Friday and Saturday with parades. While I swam in the pool Friday evening my husband sat on the front patio chatting and having some drinks with the hotel owner Janine and her mom. She explained to him everything that was happening and they talked about our families. She gave us some great recomendations for places to eat and so on.
The room was great. We stayed in what she called the cottage (room 15) it is a small builing with only two rooms. The room was very clean, it seemed as if it had been remodeled within the last couple years or so. The room was very cozy and homey. Our only complaint on the room is that on Saturday morning had little to no hot water. My husband tried to take a shower and turned the hot water on all the way and it was cold. he never turned the cold water on at all. The only thing I can think is that our room and the other room next to ours sharred a hot water tank and the people in the otbher room beat us to the shower. Later in the day when we both took showers there was no problem.
At check out, my husband and I decided we liked the hotel so much that we wanted to boo a room for the end of August with our daughter and our niece. Because my husband is a bigger guy, very broad shoulders she recomended that we stay in a room with a queen bed again and rather get 2 cots she said that she had a room with a queen bed and a futon. :) Because the people that were staying in the room had already checked out she took us into the room to make sure we would like it and it would be big enough for the four of us.
Janine went abouve and beyond our expectations and can not wait to return!!!
Thank you for everything Janine!!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank tora422
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Twice a year, in June and August, I do the craft show in Shepard's Park. Every time, I stay at the Admiral! (I believe this is my 5th year!) Why? Not only because it's clean and nicely decorated, the service is also friendly and caring! Yes, I did say 'caring'. There were days it would be very windy, with the park being right on the lake, and I'd forget the weights for my tent, and there would be Janine, willing to help me out by lending me something to hold it down!
They are a very family oriented hotel. I always look forward to my stay because I know I will NOT be disappointed!
The Admiral comes highly recommended!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We had a great stay at the Admiral Inn. Perfect location, great price and the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Admiral for a week in early June almost every year for over 15 years. It is a great, family oriented place that is clean, relaxing, and very acccomodating. My husband is handicapped and they put out a ramp for his use during the week. The Marinelli family has been wonderful to us over the years and I would not hesitate to refer others to the Admiral.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple