“very nice hotel, Janine the owner is wonderful and very friendly!”
Review of Admiral Motel

Admiral Motel
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Rome, New York
“very nice hotel, Janine the owner is wonderful and very friendly!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I just spent a nice weekend away in Lake George. It just so happen to be the weekend of the Firemans Convention so we were entertained both Friday and Saturday with parades. While I swam in the pool Friday evening my husband sat on the front patio chatting and having some drinks with the hotel owner Janine and her mom. She explained to him everything that was happening and they talked about our families. She gave us some great recomendations for places to eat and so on.
The room was great. We stayed in what she called the cottage (room 15) it is a small builing with only two rooms. The room was very clean, it seemed as if it had been remodeled within the last couple years or so. The room was very cozy and homey. Our only complaint on the room is that on Saturday morning had little to no hot water. My husband tried to take a shower and turned the hot water on all the way and it was cold. he never turned the cold water on at all. The only thing I can think is that our room and the other room next to ours sharred a hot water tank and the people in the otbher room beat us to the shower. Later in the day when we both took showers there was no problem.
At check out, my husband and I decided we liked the hotel so much that we wanted to boo a room for the end of August with our daughter and our niece. Because my husband is a bigger guy, very broad shoulders she recomended that we stay in a room with a queen bed again and rather get 2 cots she said that she had a room with a queen bed and a futon. :) Because the people that were staying in the room had already checked out she took us into the room to make sure we would like it and it would be big enough for the four of us.
Janine went abouve and beyond our expectations and can not wait to return!!!
Thank you for everything Janine!!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank tora422

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Twice a year, in June and August, I do the craft show in Shepard's Park. Every time, I stay at the Admiral! (I believe this is my 5th year!) Why? Not only because it's clean and nicely decorated, the service is also friendly and caring! Yes, I did say 'caring'. There were days it would be very windy, with the park being right on the lake, and I'd forget the weights for my tent, and there would be Janine, willing to help me out by lending me something to hold it down!
They are a very family oriented hotel. I always look forward to my stay because I know I will NOT be disappointed!
The Admiral comes highly recommended!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We had a great stay at the Admiral Inn. Perfect location, great price and the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Admiral for a week in early June almost every year for over 15 years. It is a great, family oriented place that is clean, relaxing, and very acccomodating. My husband is handicapped and they put out a ramp for his use during the week. The Marinelli family has been wonderful to us over the years and I would not hesitate to refer others to the Admiral.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andiconnecticut
Beacon, NY
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We had a very nice experience at the Admiral for Memorial Day weekend. The room was nicely sized, very clean, and tidy. Looks like new laminated flooring was just put in in the bathroom. Shower water was very hot and nice pressure from the showerhead.
Service couldn't be better as Janine was very friendly, attentive and caring.
Super location just north of the noise of the crowded village. Walk to village took less than 10 minutes.
I could see where parking would be a problem during the busy summer months, but for our trip, it wasn't an issue.
I'd definately stay here again.

Stayed May 2008
Syracuse
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Recently friends of ours asked for the name of the motel we stayed at in Lake George where we had such a good time this summer. We were showing them the information on the internet and I came across the review written by clarinet-1. Honestly, we had a completely different experience than the person who wrote that review. The family who own and operate the motel were extremely pleasant and accommodating. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant as did their motel housekeeping staff. We truly enjoyed getting up in the morning and enjoying a cup of coffee (provided by the motel) on the deck by the pool. It was because we raved so much about the experience when we returned that our friends asked for the name of the motel as they are planning on taking their family there next year. The parking is limited to one spot per room, however that did not present a problem as everyone seemed to comply with the rule. I do want to agree with one thing mentioned in the other review by moconnor. The tee-shirts displayed in the window of a store called Stormin' Norman's were highly offensive and not to just young children. I don't know why the owner feels it is OK to put such garbage out in the public eye. Maybe he doesn't care about the image it portrays and the negative effect it may have on tourism which I believe is a big part of the Lake George economy.

• Liked — great location family run
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York State
Reviewed July 24, 2007

The second night they "forgot" to clean the room and also we had no safe place to park our one vehicle. They admitted it was their fault about not cleaning the room, but said that they advise everyone that there is only one car allowed per room. They indicated that some rooms must have more than one car! This did not help us as we had only one car! When we came back just before checking out, they were in there cleaning the room so we asked them to leave so we could use the bathroom before our long trip home. LOVED the Band Festival and Lake George -- just will NOT stay there again!

• Liked — It is in Lake George
  • Disliked — No place to park and room not cleaned!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple