Bottom line, not worth the money.
Our family loves Lake George, vacationing several times a year. Our one big complaint is the quality of the hotels. Most have not changed since 1973, (except for the prices). At the Mohican we paid $180 a night for an old room with mattress that felt like it was stuffed with popcorn. The rug is red and old as is the furniture. The place is somewhat clean but old and worn. The room is basic, no hairdryer, a small frig that does not work, in the wall A/C that causes extremes (freezing-to hot) in room temperature.
What infuriated us was the brand new beautiful “Clarion” next door (the same owners), that went for the same price ($180 a night,). We found out an hour after checking into the Mohican, I tried checking out and into the Clarion but that did not work.
That is a big issue in Lake George, paying top prices for old beat up hotels. (We stayed at the “Georgian” early this summer for $200 a night, another rip off). Several new chains have opened up next to older hotels. I highly recommend the Quality Inn, Wingate, Clarion, Hampton Inn over some of the “older dives”.
If the price was $89 a night the Mohican would be fine, an old nostalgic Lake George family motel. The outdoor pool was good, a nice indoor pool and game room for the kids. The location is outside of the village but around other sites such as “The Great Escape”, outlets etc. Again, our family loves Lake George and will continue to return, I am just tired of paying top money for low quality
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mohican Motel has 7 different room types, an indoor and an outdoor pool and a large playground. We also have a picnic area with grills and a large game room. Laundromat services are available.We are centrally located 1 mile north of the Great Escape, right near the shopping outlets. A bike path is located across the street from the Mohican Motel going north to Lake George and South to Glens Falls through the scenic woods of the Adirondack Park. We have brochure at the office for all the attractions in the Lake George area and would be glad to help with distances, maps, directions, etc.So....Stay Put....Stay Relaxed....and have a wonderful stay.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Mohican Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohican Hotel Lake George
- Mohican Motel Lake George