“Great resort on lake George” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lodges at Cresthaven

The Lodges at Cresthaven
Ranked #27 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Philadelphia, PA
“Great resort on lake George”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in August with our three girls 9, , 11 and 13. The resort is beautiful with great views. Several planned activities that we enjoyed including the beach barbecue, movie night on the beach and the kids breakfast. Having one of the best restaurants in lake Grorge on site is also a plus. A little pricey but you pay for what you get.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Mark-PA215

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saratoga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for a weekend getaway with our children. First let me say how fantastic this resort is. The Lodges at Cresthaven is a beautiful place. It looks like something you would see in a movie. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the views of the lake were absolutely wonderful.
The rooms were gorgeous with a full size kitchen which had granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Two bedrooms with two bathrooms and a very large family room. Rooms also had a washer and dryer which came in handy with little kids.
We ate at the Boathouse restaurant which was on the property and it was fantastic. We sat out on the patio and the kids were able to see all the boats go by.
The beach and pool area was very nice and it had a wonderful play ground for the kids.
The lodges are a great place to stay. I highly reccoment this resort. You won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Robin H
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveled to Cresthaven at Lake George with my wife and two children (3 years and 3 months) for a much needed 5 night away. Would have given 4.5 stars if possible. So nice we actually stayed an extra night!

Overall:
We really enjoyed our stay at Cresthaven and would recommend it to others. If you have a family with younger children it is ideal. Between the beach, the pool, and the restaurant, you can't really go wrong. It is close to LGV, but you don't have to leave the property if you do not want to.

The Great:
-Location. Lake George is a great place to go with a family. Cresthaven is close enough to Lake George Village and nearby grocery stores, yet feels very private once you are on the property.
-Accommodations. We stayed in unit 41. It was part of a 4 unit townhouse. It was basically like having our own log cabin. Very little noise from other units although they were occupied. Nice finishes throughout including a jetted tub, modern kitchen with all the plates/pots/utensils you would need, and TVs in both bedrooms. Full size washer/dryer(essential for families). The deck overlooking the lake, along with the available bbq was a big plus too.
-Amenities. The pool was very nice. Great for small kids. The beach was well maintained and not too busy even on very nice days. There are also docks that are great for fishing with young children. Finally, there is a small gym and arcade with five or six video games.
-Staff. Everyone was nice. They even accommodated us staying an extra night (a saturday) with no hassle. Also, staff was always happy to give rides up and down hill to beach.
-Grocery Delivery. This was huge for a family travelling. When we arrived, everything we requested was unpacked in the fridge/freezer or on the kitchen counter.
-Discounted tickets to "The Great Escape Six Flags".

The good:
-Food. The Boathouse is a cool place, and they have live music most nights. The food was average and perhaps a bit overpriced. From what we could tell this is a very popular place with many families coming and going via boat during dinner hours.
-Playground/Volleyball. A bit old and somewhat falling apart with a few bees' nests. Did not stop my 3 year old from loving it, but was not ideal. Volleyball court looked like it had not been used in years.
-Activities. There were scavenger hunts and face painting. Might be better for older children. My 3 year old enjoyed the face painting.

Other:
-Might not be good for those with difficulty climbing hills, as some of the units are a bit of an uphill hike to/from the beach.
-Tried to check in early on a Sunday. Didn't get to check in until 3pm.
-Some other reviews complained about having to start the laundry on departure. This took two minutes and was NOT a big deal at all.

Room Tip: The lodges closer to the beach are probably better as they are closer to everything (beach, pool, et...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ArnoldTPants
East Northport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love the lodges at Cresthaven. Having been coming to Lake George for many years, we finally found our home away from home. The cabins at Cresthaven are upscale and offer an outstanding property on the Lake. Two bedrooms, two baths, full kitchen, living room, plenty of room for a family. The view of the Lake is great ! I can sit on the porch and look at the lake for hours. There are plenty of activities, kayaking on the lake, swimming in the pool or the lake, or just taking a nap in one of the hammocks. Everyone is friendly, the property is well maintained, and it is a great place to stay at anytime of the year. One of the few timeshare properties available in Lake George and absolutely the best !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jim B
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Lodges at Cresthaven provided me with everything I could have asked for to make all of my wedding dreams come true. Like most people on here, I read through PLENTY of reviews trying to see if I did in fact want to book the Boathouse Restaurant as my venue, and have my guests stay here. Boy, I am glad I did. Everything from start to finish went seamlessly. Jane and Dana at the front desk are BEYOND helpful. Every email, phone call, question was responded to in a timely fashion. Dan the Restaurant Manager, was incredible!

The VIEW: amazing. Esp if you want to bring a boat!

The Lodges: We stayed in Beach Lodge 1 (but my guests were all around the property, so I was able to see all of the ammenities.) The lodges come fully stocked, so there really isnt any need to bring anything with you! There is a small convenient store right down the street to buy small groceries and of course a 2 mile drive down the road brings you to the town. The showers were big, bathrooms were a good size, and the space was WAY more than we needed. Everyone that checked into a lodge couldn't believe the amount of space they got for the price.

The Wedding: Everyone was BEYOND attentive to my needs. Certain people stand out! Jorge, I am unsure what his title is at the Lodges, but he was ALWAYS there. I needed water, he brought me bottled water, I needed a golf cart, he showed up, I needed wrist bands, he appeared with a smile!

The Boathouse: GORGEOUS. We are boat people, so we were able to bring our boat with us! The server Nikki and bartender Nate and Jeff were the BEST.

Over all- I would give this place 10 STARS if I could, because I am just so pleased with the entire weekend. My friends and family had a GREAT time.

Only TINY ITTY BITTY Con: We stayed a few days extra to enjoy the private beach: The beach police (aka someone who works there to monitor to make sure only guests use the beach) walks the beach all day checking wrist bands. I understand the policy, but they were trying to force us to walk up to the lobby the day after my wedding to get wrist bands. (If you have ever been there, the walk to the lobby from the beach is quite the treck in 100 degree weather, after my wedding night.) Thankfully, I called the office and they drove wrist bands down to us. I didn't think it was very friendly that he STOOD in front of our BEACH chairs until it was handled. I thought that after spending THOUSANDS of dollars on lodging and wedding costs, the least they could do would be to allow me to stay on the beach! However, Jane and Joege to the rescue again. I guess you only need the wrist bands during their peak season which just happen to start the Monday after my wedding, so I should have known better I suppose!

Room Tip: If you want beach lodge 1 or 2, those give you direct access to the beach but they are a few dollars...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dreems98
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Having not been to Lake George in over 15 years, I wanted to stay directly on the lake so that we could experience on-site relaxing with a beautiful view. We only stayed one night because of the expensive summer rates, but it was very nice. There were just two of us in the lodge, but it was designed to accommodate at least 5 people. This would be great for families. The lodge included 2 bedrooms, 3 TV's and a DVD player, 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen that was up to date, a living room, dining table for 6, a gas fireplace, washer and dryer, and a nice outdoor porch with chairs that had some view of the lake. My husband and I enjoyed relaxing in the lodge. It was fully equipped with all needs except for food and beach towels. We didn't use the pools, but they looked very nice. The master bedroom had a very nice jacuzzi tub that was advertised as a 2 person tub. My husband and I are average size, and it was definitely not made for 2 side by side. I used it by myself, and tried each side to see if was possible, and it wasn't unless there was a water shortage! The roomy lodge was furnished with upscale decor - everything from the lamps, to the headboards, robe hooks and toilet paper holder were in the true Adirondack theme. The staff was helpful, and since this is an ownership property, they are not on duty 24/7, nor should they be. The on-site restaurant was convenient and attractive, but we didn't have a chance to dine there. We did have a drink at the nice outdoor bar that we enjoyed. The beach area was nice for families, although the lake water was cold. What we truly missed was a place to hang out - out of the sun, and sit by the lake in some Adirondack chairs. There was a photo like this in the brochure, but it must have been taken at the end of the boat dock, which isn't even big enough to hold more than a few chairs. The outdoor covered eating area was meant for paying customers, so we couldn't hang out there either. We didn't want to be at the "beach" area with a row of lounge chairs, a few umbrellas, and families confined in a small area. This place lacked a peaceful area to enjoy a book or a drink near the lake, and in some shade. One note is that the lodges are situated up a steep hill. There are staff that will gladly take you up and down on the several golf carts if you want. I developed shin splints the next day from walking down the path though! For a true Adirondack experience, I would recommend this place if you can afford it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fairreviewinny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came to lake george for the first time. We were trying to decide between this place and the Sagamore. we decided that having a full kitchen and lots of space were more ideal given we had a few adults and children. Our room was very nice, great decor (log cabin) and amenities. There is no service here, so if your looking for someone to make your bed or bring you fresh towels every day this is not your spot. The grounds are very nicely maintained (except for the top of the hill where for some reason they leave alot construction items, etc.) One bad thing -The restaurant is not the best - service is horrible and food mediocre at best. Better places in town to eat , altough for lunch it wasnt that bad. Rent a boat from one of the marinas for a few days - you can dock it at the resort for a 20-30 a day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family