“Lovely location, but not quite 4 rating in amenities”

The Lodges at Cresthaven
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights with extended family over Columbus Day weekend. The location is great and the units are well maintained, but some things just kind of lacked in quality. No towels at the pool (and when we inquired about them, we were told to buy towels in town), the units do not have a garbage disposal (which when you cook for 10 people gets annoying), carpets need a good cleaning. The pool, although a lovely setting, did not feel anywhere close to heated.

Based general observation the Lodges at Cresthaven are steps above the average accomodations in the Lake George region, but I feel they need a few things to make it a better experience.

Room Tip: All units face the lake, lowered number units are closer to the private beach.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank JoJosontheroad
There are newer reviews for The Lodges at Cresthaven

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We checked in on Friday evening for Labor Day Wknd 2011. Check-in was easy. The lodge was beautiful, cozy and nicely decorated. There were flat screen TVs in each bedroom. The views of the lake were great. The porch had very nice patio furniture. We dined at the boathouse restaurant, the food was good but a bit overpriced.

One of the things the kids (ages 14 & 12) wanted was wifi access. We called the front desk to find out that wifi was an additional $10.00 per day. For the price of this resort, we felt it should be included.. Just about every motel you see along Rt 9 offers this as a standard amenity.

The pool was nice. It would be nice if they added a hot tub for the adults.

We brought our boat. We knew it was $50/day and were fine w/that.. We went to put our boat in and there was another boat in our slip. The were very nice giving us a different slip. One thing to be aware of is that your slip could be taken if you're not back in time for the dinner crowd.. That was concerning but we came back each time before 4:30 to make sure this wasn't an issue.

Entertainment ended on Sunday night at 8:00 which we thought was a bit early for a holiday wknd so we went into town to listen to some music.

Check-out was 10:00 am which we thought was a bit early. You're also asked to bring your garbage to the dumpster and start a load towels in the washing machine before you leave.. We felt that was a bit much.. Isn't that what you're paying for when on vacation for someone else to do the housekeeping once you leave?

The place and grounds are beautiful but we won't be coming back as we'll be looking for a place that has more amenties included.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Deb6489
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have stayed at The Lodges many times and I always have the most wonderful experience. I was reading some of the reviews left by other guests and I just wanted to note that I think the security system they have is great. It really ensures that people who aren't guests stay off of the property and that those who are, have a wonderful time without any complications. There sometimes are a lot of cars on the property, so someone asking you to make sure your car is properly parked is to ensure that everyone has space and to prevent complications with other guests. And the fact that they use wristbands is great too. If we pay to stay there and have access to the pool, beach, exercise facilities and also the activities on the resort why should someone who doesn't pay be on private property for free and allowed to have the same activities provided to them? So the fact that they really enforce the usage of the wristbands is a great way to ensure that. I personally think that the way things are run at the resort is to the benifit of all of the guests. I would reccomend this resort to anyone!! We always have such an amazing time there! It is beautiful and the people are wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Ktlhunter
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at The Lodges at Cresthaven for the first time this summer and I have to say that I will definitely be going back! What a beautiful place! Each of the lodges have that Adirondack feel to them and the lodges are spacious and fully equipped. The people were great on the resort and the food at the restaurant was DELICIOUS! I cannot wait until next year to return again and spend a full week instead of 4 days. Everywhere you look on the resort, there are flowers and beautiful trees and of course you can't forget about the lake! Really it is the most beautiful place I have ever been to on a vacation! Excellent to say the least! We will be back next summer!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We just got back from our5 day stay at Cresthaven and I feel obligated to disclose our feelings about this resort. Let me Begin by saying the cottage was immaculate. Fully stocked with everything you could possibly need. The ac and all the appliances worked perfectly. Now the downside. We requested a lake front property and got lodge 28. The view was of a dumpster and parking lot.. We complained and were told we all lodges were full and there was nothing they could do. They gave us a dinner at their restaurant Boathouse.
The food was great. I feel for 650 per night there were too many rules. One thing that aggravated us was as my family and I were by the pool an employee asked me to walk back to my cabin to show proof I was staying at the lodge. I didn't wear my wristband that day as instructed but really, I feel that was a little ridiculous especially the fact that my lodge was so far away. We were also asked by an employee to straighten out the way we parked our car more in the lines. I can't even believe we were asked that. Also you are charged 25 per visitor. So if you have friends or family come visit you for day, like a BBQ or a dinner in the lodge charge you for each visitor. Like 4000 is not enough. Cmon? Really. There were just too many rules and too many people watching to enforce like police. It was over the top. A relaxing visit became a nerve racking 5 days. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
17  Thank Jeanna1143
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My family and I have been vacationing in LG every year for 25+; this place beats the pants off of all the resorts/cabins/hotels by miles. The 1 week goes by like a scalded cat. In past years, we expected to encounter the usual neglect/vermin/scum, etc., but this place is clean as a whistle. I was fortunate to meet the sales mgr., Mioke Vogel, and I bought a 3 week share; I couldn't be happier with my choice. This set-up is run by a family, not a corporation who just look for $. When you are here, you LIVE, not just, "exist".

Room Tip: just call
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank muffugger
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Background: I came here for a family reunion Labor Day weekend 2010. My grandmother booked suites for about 20 family members ranging from ages 6 weeks - 80 years old to celebrate our Grandfather’s 30th (surprise) birthday party.

Rooms: Top notch. Gorgeous lodge-themed interior featuring in-room washer/dryer, granite counter tops, flat screen televisions in both the bedroom and living room, large, very comfortable beds, a cozy warm color palate comprised of deep reds, plums and chocolate browns. Felt very homey and old world at the same time. A letter from an early president describing the beauty of Lake George only added to the suite's charm in addition to the cookie the chef left for us on the first day (I actually ate if for breakfast it was so good). A small downside to the rooms: the bathrooms have no door. If you are taking a shower (in a shower big enough for 5) and someone walks in, well…yeah. Luckily there is a sliding door across the lavatory. Just make sure you notify your guest mates when you’ll be showering and you should be kosher.

Overall Setting/Location: From our suite we had a spectacular view of Lake George. When the sun was out, we could see para-sailors, boats, and jetskiis on the water, including the Mini-Haha the Lake’s esteeeemed-steamboat The property itself includes a restaurant, a volleyball court, a pool, a playground for the kids, an area with hammocks and a lovely beach. I could have sat on the porch and soaked up the sun from the comply lounge chairs and been perfectly happy for the rest of our stay, it was that relaxing.

This is definitely one of the nicest places to stay on the lake if you are willing to pay a bit more.... Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family