“Casual Pub with Good View of Lake George”
Review of John Barleycorn's Pub - CLOSED

John Barleycorn's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Westbury, New York
“Casual Pub with Good View of Lake George”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good choice of draft beers and good strip steak. We arrived around 6pm 8/24/13 for dinner and asked to sit outside. We were graciously accommodated by the bartender who waited on us and took our order. The wait staff arrived and so did other patrons. We all were enjoying the summer evening and our meal when the waitress and our server accidentally collided and spilled my husbands beer. No big deal. Yet the waitress had to loudly tell her patrons what a "pain in the [--] the bartender is and how he is always in her way. " Really! Only a poorly managed establishment would allow such nonsense to go on. Maybe if she had been on time she would not have had to share her station with him. What makes this place a go to spot is the Cook. Steak tender and perfectly cooked. Hopefully the management will get a grip on its employees. Calling Jon Taffer.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LIMOM220

Albany, NY
“Homey Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm not a bar person, at all. I poked my head in during the day to check it out. I thought I'd might like to watch the football game there later that night. I was quickly greeted and told he'd have the game on. I returned to watch the game & some friendly conversation. I also enjoyed watching the game with 2 other couples sitting at the bar. We were all distressed to learn that this quaint little bar was going to be torn down and replaced by a 6 story, brick faced, Marriott Hotel. So I suggest you visit this establishment before it is forever gone!

1 Thank OC4Life
“Old Time Pub.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner the food was ok the service slow but we had to move to an outside table because the a.c. was not on inside.The waitress was friendly but she did spill the water on me that I asked for to clean my hands after eating the chicken wings.For finger food they should provide hand wipes.

• Visited August 2013
Green Brook, NJ
“Casual”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just a quick sandwich the price is reasonable and the food very good. We sat outside as the weather was nice.

mahopac,ny
“Nice little pub”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good pub food! We all enjoyed the food. Right in town. Service a little slow but that seems to be the case right in town!