“service slow”
Review of John Barleycorn's Pub - CLOSED

John Barleycorn's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed October 3, 2012

one bar tender made good irish coffees the other one didn't
no shepards pie available. service was very slow even though there weren't very many customers there

Reviewed October 1, 2012

In a word, OUTSTANDING !!!

We were up at lake George this past week. We ate at John Barleycorns 4 times. The food was excellent each and every time. They had a meatloaf dinner that was the very best I have ever had. The steaks, salad and stews where GREAT.

The bartender was friendly and because of his banter, we came back for dinner. And as mentioned above , we came back 4 times becasue the food was great. I thought the prices reasonable too.

If this place was close to home, I'd be eating there every week. I'll be back again next April / May making final arrangments for a lake george wedding, and I will surely be stopping here again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The jukebox was so loud we had to ask that it be lowered so we could hear our conversations. One person in our group said it was the worst Reuben they ever had. A number of people expressed their displeasure with the food. My wife’s and mine were just so-so. Our server was also busy tending bar so didn’t come around very often. Definitely not worth the cost.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went in to get a bite, billed as a family restaurant. Used the bathroom...YUCK! Walls and floors are filthy. Dark atmosphere Sat at the bar since I went in waited 15 minutes for the bar tender doing waitress duty also. Had one drink, WAS AFRAID WHAT THE KITCHEN MIGHT BE LIKE.. the rest of the place was such a disgrace.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Food excellent, very testy steaks they know how to make it juicy rare. Burgers with onion rings delicious. 13 kinds of draft beer! Servis very good, waitress from Poland in doing good job and has cute accent.