“Great Place to stay in Lake George NY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Balsam Motel & Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
The Balsam Motel & Cottages
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Honeoye Falls, New York
“Great Place to stay in Lake George NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We've been going to the Balsam in Lake George for several years, as we participate in the Community Band Festival that is held in the village. We stay in one of the cottages. They are very clean and comfortable. The pool is one of the cleanest pools I've ever been in. The owners are friendly and always available to help in any way. This year, we had 4 generations of family members and everyone had a great time. In addition, the location is in the village of Lake George and walking distance to the beach, restaurants and other attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Debbie K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

The Balsam was perfect for us! We Were close enough to walk to everywhere in the village and loved it! It was just my husband and I with our german shepherd and it was a great, relaxing, long weekend. The owners were welcoming and friendly -- we loved our stay and will be back to play! Highly Recommend this comfy, clean, simple, affordable, family owned motel!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank DayDreamerCT
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We once again stayed at the Balsam Motel and Cottages and had the best vacation, this year we went a little later then last but there was still alot of things to do and see, and again the owners and now our friends Sue and George are on speed dial on our phones so when we're ready we can call and make our reservations. Please remember that this place takes dogs which makes the vacation so much better. I have a fifteen year old boy, whom I could never leave or kennel so being able to bring them along is great and they get a vacation too. The place is clean, the folks are friendly and you can get the best rest and you time that you want but of course if you'd rathr do stuff then the mail road is a very small walk away. They have wax houses, festivals, boat rides and shopping all within about two blocks from this place.

Room Tip: We love to stay in cabin 10
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dustyy
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been staying at the Balsam since 2000 or 2001. The rooms are spacious, even with my toddler's pack n play in the room! I love mom and pop places, and try and frequent those types of establishments as often as possible. The owner George and Suzanne treat me like one of their own kids! Bugs don't freak me out, so no problems there. The Balsam is like a secluded little oasis hidden amongst you guessed it! Balsam trees! The pool is solar heated, and feels great on a hot day. It's a short walk to the village and from a small beach down the street (the motel is on the lake side, but doesn't stretch down that far).

Room Tip: Cabin 11 has lots of room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank PurimLuver1
Eastchester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was my first time to Lake George, and I chose this place due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor. However, I think the people who wrote the bad reviews are exaggerating a bit, but I do understand where they are coming from. My room was a nice size cottage in the back. The room was cute and for the most part clean. However, I did see a couple of spider webs, which really freaked me out. It was toward the end of the season which might have been the reason. That being said I was extremely happy with the location and the owners of this Place. It’s nice to go somewhere and feel like people appreciate your business and are genuinely happy to have you there. It’s very rare to find places like this, which is why a few spider webs well not prevent me from going back. I might just let them know instead of complaining about it on Tripadvisor. I plan to go back to Lake George soon and hope to be able to stay here. Don’t listen to the bad reviews and give this place a chance, you’re going to love it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tammy P
STATEN ISLAND, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is our first time staying with Suzanne and George and we are TOTALLY SPOILED.
The accommodations are lovely, clean and well appointed. The location is perfect, right in Lake George village, within walking distance to everything. Thank you, Suzanne and George, for a terrific weekend. Looking forward to visiting you again soon. Paul and Nancy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank NANCYB39
Rotterdam,NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband, grandaughter and I spent yet another lovely weekend at the lake in one of the cabins. Which as usual was very clean and ready for us when we got there. You will find no people more dedicated, friendly, and proud of the place they own. W e will be heading back up in 2 weeks to spend anohther wonderful weekend up there but this time we will be bringing along my brother, his wife and my mom. We expect to have a wonderful time and know that we will because the place we are stayin g at are beautiful places and Suzanne and George make us feel like family and right a t home. Thanks to them for being such special freinds.........J,K,&B

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family